Reviews for The Ward
Hope chapter 49 . 7/17
I apologize for being so blunt but I am really confused with this story. It doesn't make much sense. I was hoping that the alternate ending would be clearer but there is no other ending. This was a really good story up until the end. I like the writing if not the resolution.
Intensity215 chapter 1 . 3/5
Hi!
I wanna start by saying that your writing style is really incredible and you had me tearing through this story in less than a day. The whole thing was so suspenseful and well written! The only real problem I have with the story is the ending. I do realize that this fic was based off the plot of the movie 'The Ward.' and while that itself is not a problem for me, You didn't mention that until the very end of the story in an author's note. The ending left me terribly confused and a bit dissappointed. All of the build up of the escape and none of I was real. On top of that, the last two or three chapters felt incredibly rushed, just adding to the confusion of an ending I don't fully understand. Again, I totally understand and appreciate that this fic was based on a movie, but maybe mention that in the summary or an author's not at the beginning of the story. If I had known from the start i know the ending wouldn't have left me so confused and disappointed.
I promise I'm not trying to bash this story because I really did enjoy it almost all the way through, and even the ending was a cool twist even if it was confusing. I guess I just feel the story feels a little unfinished at this point. I don't know, I could be completely wrong, but I thought I'd share my thoughts with you.
I really would like to thank you for takin the time to write this story. I really enjoyed your writing and you captured all of the characters beautifully, especially Dick. The one chapter from wally's pov threw me off a little but I liked it, and kind of wish there were a few more chapters like that :)
Anyway, thanks for writing!
K3nZ13 chapter 8 . 2/12
Who's the fucking ringmaster of all this then?! So, Dickie is fifteen, so not in the second season, but no in the first. In between then? Not sure if Jason or Tim are in yet so, he could be still Robin, cause Wally's still alive, but Gar's here so maybe?
K3nZ13 chapter 7 . 2/12
YEAH! Good Wally, Good Wally. Great job remembering. Wally, I'm so proud of you! You served yourself well as my second favorite character.
K3nZ13 chapter 6 . 2/12
This is like the Giver in a way. Where everyone takes those medications because this godly figur says they keep you healthy whereas it keeps you from truly feeling love or emotions. Just like how the pills they're being given keep them from remembering. And since Dick isn't taking any pills, he's starting to remember more frequently now!
K3nZ13 chapter 2 . 2/12
...what.
Rieharper chapter 49 . 12/22/2016
Wait... Huh? I'm super confused, and I'm sorry to ask again, considering you updated this over two years ago... But what?! Like seriously, can I have a short explanation please?
Guest chapter 49 . 8/23/2016
Oh my god I think that was the best plot twist I've ever seen or read in anyway that was amazing thank you so much i loved reading this I'm going to go cry now bye
grayson4life chapter 48 . 7/16/2016
i am soooo confused what just happened
Guest chapter 15 . 7/16/2016
did doctor hugo strange do this !?
Guest chapter 11 . 7/16/2016
its cadmus !
i think!?
LunaStarsNightWayne chapter 2 . 6/14/2016
I WANT DADDYBATS!
staciezwang chapter 3 . 4/7/2016
HOLY FUCK

this is so intriguing and confusing at the same time
Marmar218 chapter 49 . 2/26/2016
I'm not sure if I should be angry or crying over the ending... THEY WERE SO CLOSE *sobs in a corner* anyways this was absolutely AMAZING I LOVED IT SO MUCH! ️️️ I'm still waiting for the alturnanate ending so yeah don't leave us hanging
Guest chapter 49 . 12/16/2015
Can someone tell me if this is correct? The story was too long so I only read the first 3 chapters and the last 2, but I think the story is mainly about dick, who loses his memories, and is in arkham asylum. He finds 5 others who shouldn't be there, who are the superheroes. Bruce has also lost his memories, and he doesn't remember anything? Bart sacrifices himself, and dick's parents are alive again? Very confused at the moment. Can someone just tell me if this is correct because I'M TOO LAZY to go read the story. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a great story. But it's SO LONG! I can't read rwally long things unless they are super interesting, and I'm not saying this story isn't interesting, but it just doesn't keep my attention.