Reviews for Half Agony
iKiohri chapter 15 . 9/8/2015
Wow. I think you've written the best portrayed Chichi I've ever read in fanfiction. Your Chichi isn't perfect by all means, and at times I even found myself hating her actions and thoughts, but I think you've done a great job of portraying what the experience has been from her point of view (all the grief, loneliness, and pain she felt all those lonely years without a husband). I think that's the Chichi most of the people don't understand, they don't get what it's like to be the wife of glorious Goku, the hero of the universe. And it's freaking difficult. I like Chichi as a character, but I can't say I was fond of her during most of the Z timeline when all she did was yell, nag, and complain about her family. I liked her later on when Goten came along and like your fic here, I think it's because by that time, she's come to terms about what it really means to marry a Saiya, Goku for all that matters. The Goku you depicted here is also amazing. I love how you brought out his flaws and quirks. Again, most people don't see that because they are so hero-struck with the guy. I like the idea of dark knights and I think Goku had the very potential to be one, but he was written off as a happy-go-lucky guy, which I lessened the charm of his personality in my opinion. It almost felt like he was underdeveloped because of that reason. I mean he can't be all smiles and goofs, right? Anyway. Sorry for the rant, I just love how deeply you delved into their home life. This fic is definitely a gem. Thank you for writing this masterpiece. Best wishes.
S.V. II chapter 15 . 1/16/2015
Wow. This fic was a whirlwind of emotions. I'd never been a big fan of cc/goku stories, but this one was done right, and of course the epic writing brought it to a whole other level that has all but ruined fan fiction for me. Lol. Thanks so much for writing (and finishing) this marvelous atory. I'll be prowling your profile later when I'm in search of a good read. Night. ;)
S.V. II chapter 12 . 1/16/2015
Oh hot damn. I did not see that coming. It was awful and hilarious at the same time. Tsk tsk, Goku. You only have a few nights left with ur wife. Hehe!
S.V. II chapter 11 . 1/16/2015
Aww. That was touching. Ugh! Goku! Does he have this secret thing for Bulma, cuz it sure seems like that's what he's hinting at with his comments. Can't wait to keep reading. :)
S.V. II chapter 6 . 1/16/2015
Oh shiz. Poor chichi. I'm sure she didn't mean it.
S.V. II chapter 5 . 1/16/2015
Loved that last sentence. ;)
S.V. II chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
Hello, it's me again. Somehow when I'm bored at 0400 I somehow manage to stumble upon your stories. This first chapter was intense. You're wiring is beautiful; I never find myself skimming through chapters when reading your work. Each sentence just reads like perfection. Nice job. Can't wait to read the next chapter.
c83gilles chapter 15 . 9/28/2014
Your writing is incredible. I really enjoyed reading this! Great job!
alexanaxela chapter 15 . 8/22/2014
yeah, looking at things from chi chi's perspective really shines a new light on dbz and all the heartache she had to go through for her family that nobody ever seems to care about
LadyKhaiju chapter 15 . 8/21/2014
I was literally tearing up during this story.I usually dont read Goku/ChiChi fan because I dont like the pairing. I really dont mind it BUT its just so weird because I never see them really interact with one another. However I think you did a wonderful interpretation of their relationship. Anyway, the story was so well really gave me a more fleshed out version of Chi Chi's character. Or maybe its just that someone finally explored her feelings. I think Chi Chi gets the worst of it from the DBZ fans because she's always nagging Goku and they are so busy riding Gokus imaginary 'diz nieezz'(lol sorry) they dont realize how awesome Chi Chi is and how flawed Goku is as a character.
Anyway, thanks for this. I was really craving some angst but I got more than that.A much deeper understanding of Mrs,Son.:3
NyxLied chapter 15 . 7/19/2014
What a great story, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent work!
NyxLied chapter 3 . 7/7/2014
I'm already hyperventilating w this story. It's so eerie and dark
Shailly Keshari chapter 15 . 7/2/2014
This story was the finest of all I've read. I'm talking about the whole story. You finally explained the relationship between Goku and Chi-Chi to me. Thank you for that. I can't help but cry after reading this chapter. This story has stormed my heart and filled it with tremendous amount of emotions. I have always thought of Goku and Chi-Chi as my favorite couple, but I never understood their relationship to the fullest. But somehow, I knew that an infinite amount of love existed between the two. You described their relationship in a perfect way. I HATE the real ending of DBZ as much as you do, and I am very happy to say that yours was a happy one! I know that I must be sounding weird to you as, according to me, the extraordinary relationship between Goku and Chi-Chi(people who NEVER EXISTED), stirs my heart and brings tears to my eyes, but I can't help it. According to Sir Akira Toriyama, if I'm right, he wasn't sure if he could write romance, but he created the greatest love story (that is obviously of Goku and Chi-Chi) I have ever heard of or read. I wish Toriyama ended the tale of Goku happily. You wrote so well; I don't have words to appreciate you. Thank you for giving such a great story. Thank you so much.
Gothic-Angel342 chapter 15 . 6/6/2014
I wander how this would be in gokus p.o.v
vidanime chapter 15 . 5/24/2014
Wow! That's a side to Chi-Chi's nature I don't think anyone would have thought off. I thought I was one among the few who actually truly values Chi-Chi and din't think of her an an overbearing, controlling lady who put down Goku and Gohan but I take all that back today. You are depicting the Goku that I saw back then many years ago and even better than how I could have ever expressed (This will be my new proof for future arguments while I am trying to convince people Chi-Chi is awesome). You have truly done justice to Chi-CHi. This is a fic all Chi-Chi lovers MUST and SHOULD READ! Beautifully written. Bravo Bravo! *Gives you a standing ovation*