Reviews for To Belong
BoomPowMina chapter 13 . 7/15
I'M COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY AND IM SO SORRY FOR NOT REVIEWING EARLIER. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS SO PERFECT AND I CANT HANDLE IT. ELIZABETH IS SO BADASS AND COOL AND BOOKER IS SUCH A LUCKY SON OF A BITCH. I ALSO LOVE REED A LOT HE'S A VERY INTERESTING CHARACTER AND I MEAN HE'S HOT. HONESTLY. I DISLIKE LILLIAN A LOT AND SHE ANNOYS ME AND I JUST WANT HER AWAY FROM BOOKER. I KINDA LIKE THE IDEA OF ELIZABETH AND REED TOGETHER BUT THEN I THINK OF BOOKER AND IT'S LIKE NOOOO WAYYYYY. AND SEEING REED AT ELIZ'S MERCY LIKE THAT IS AMUSING TO NO END. YOUR WRITING STYLE IS SO GOOD AND THIS CHAPTER MADE ME LAUGH QUITE A FEW TIMES TOO. I REALLY LIKE KARL AND STEFANO TOO, THEY'RE BOTH HILARIOUS. AND ERNEST IS SUCH AN INNOCENT GUY I WANT HIM TO BE SAFE AHHHH PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE UPDATE YOU'RE KILLING ME HERE THANKS
NecrOphelia chapter 13 . 7/2
Please please please update soon! This is an AMAZING read!1231!1
sliceshadow chapter 13 . 6/15
Awesome story so far plus update. Can't wait to see if Elizabeth survive or is she starting to fade away.
shtoops chapter 13 . 5/5
Holy fuck. I am an AWFUL fan. It's been nearly a YEAR since I said anything. I am SO SO SO sorry. What the hell is wrong with me? I mean, I've been hanging out in the Elsanna part of the Frozen fandom, so more trashy incest ships ftw!

But bollockwaffles it's been awhile. Where to start? I owe you a dissection of this chapter, where I tell you all of my thoughts and ideas. Although I feel as though even that would not be enough. I could say so much! But I can't!

I really am sorry. This is one of those fics that I've experienced since its inception, and I don't deserve your appreciation. I honestly don't know what to say. Did I love the chapter I read when it first came out? Yes. Did I review it then? No. But here I am.

And it's possibly the best chapter left. So much stuff coming together for the first major climax. I say first, but a lot of people have had those in throughout this ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡). I expect a bit of a lull following this, followed by a buildup to Burial at Sea. But I don't want to get ahead of myself. For now, let me just say I love this story, and I love you.

Until next time my friend.

Shtoops, King of Tildes, Defender of the ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

P.S. Do you happen to have a tumblr? I have made myself a nook there under the name "spooths" (shtoops backwards, I'm very clever) so yeah. Seeing you there would be convenient.

P.P.S. I am really sorry. For the next update, I'll review immediately
ccaston114 chapter 13 . 4/2
When's the next chapter being released, because I am on the edge of my seat waiting to know the rest of the story. The story just so good so far and can't wait to see what you do with it (hopefully there will be a happy ending)
Marcus Deleon chapter 12 . 3/26
Enjoy reading your stories . I can't wait for more chapters to belong. Suggestion- maybe they should move to Paris and start fresh there. As well Booker has to know the truth that Elizabeth is his daughter maybe adding some love scenes and probably Put booker in a struggle to love Elizabeth knowing shes been his daughter all this time. Ps love your story .
Marcus Deleon chapter 13 . 3/25
Can't wait for the next chapters _
Marcus Deleon chapter 7 . 3/25
Booker is intense filled with discount and anger. I think it be absolutely charming they moved to Paris? I loved this chapter. Booker is strongly attached to his Elizabeth so adding the jealously just proves he wants her. Loved bioshock infinite.
LattyDatty chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
i hope you havent forgotten about this story :( Im really missing it, please update pleaaaasssssseeeee
thisisharderthanitseems chapter 10 . 10/11/2014
I liked the Booker-centric chapter :/ Continuing in my lazy-vein, I'll speak to highlighted elements. Though in this case (cause I'm on a plane and can't load up the reviews) that's just the concern I have over the permanent damage Elizabeth has likely inflicted on Noah. Hypoxia is no joking matter, and can very easily cause permanent damage to muscle tissue and (more critically) the peripheral and central nervous systems. She needs his mind functional and his spirit bent, not broken. Crippling someone can very easily do just as much damage to their psyche as their body, so she'll need to be a bit more careful (I feel).
thisisharderthanitseems chapter 9 . 10/8/2014
It's hard for me to describe what I like about this chapter without regurgitating the whole thing. I also can't review something as a reader and a critic simultaneously. I don't know why. As such, I'll take advantage of the items highlighted in your shout-outs to repeat reviewers.
1: I vote for interweaving the two plot arcs (I know the voting is long past at this point, but why not?).
2: I had felt that Elizabeth and Noah's relationship was evidencing an anime trope that I've never cared for: the juxtaposition of loathing an individual whilst still blushing/responding with anything other than disgust to their flirtations/advances. While instances of such interactions were far less frequent in this chapter, I'm still worried about that. However, I think that might be influenced by the fact that Noah's character profile uses and anime image.
3: This portrayal of Elizabeth is much more in line with her end-game/DLC self. I'm not sure when this chapter was published, though I'd be surprised if it was after the release of the first DLC. So it';s impressive that you've extrapolated her end-game personality in a manner that's rather accurate to her DLC (Ep. 1)/dark-side portrayal.
4: I do like the contrast between Ernest and Noah, however I feel like the combination of drama and comedy your seeking in Ernest's character needs work. Comedy and drama can be intertwined, but not really presented side-by-side. The combination only really works (in my experience) when you use brief moments of humor to emphasize a bleak situation, or when the scenes of humor and drama are separated by what amounts to a resting period. Also, I (and it may just be me) feel that Ernest's pause during his confession to Noah (about his failure to save Noah) was a tad bit melodramatic, and thus stole from what was otherwise a very serious scene.
5: I have a number of issues with the portrayal of Elizabeth powers in the game, and their portrayal here is generally in-line with the issues that I feel any mortal would have with the kind of powers she has: a human mind can only perceive/comprehend so much, and that volume is (I apologize for the truism here) infinitely less than infinity. With an ultimately human mind, Elizabeth could never continuously perceive all the information available to every version of herself. She can only perceive what she thinks of, and so so she wouldn't know about any possibilities that she does not first envision. This ultimately comes back to the game's butchery of the Many-Worlds Interpretation of quantum mechanics: either there is 1 universe, and every probabilistic event that occurs has only a single outcome; or every possible outcome of every probabilistic event occurs, and there are a neigh-infinite-if-not-infinite number of Universes. So, for instance, there are at least as many universes in which Elizabeth did not kill Booker as there are probabilistic events that did not effect that decision (i.e. every electron jump ever).
X: One thing I did notice going back through the chapter is a lack of consistency in the use of present vs past tense in X places [para. ]
thisisharderthanitseems chapter 7 . 10/6/2014
My only comment to the angry sex is that (imho) it is properly just as aggressive from both sides. In this scene we have Booker fucking Elizabeth, rather than the two of them fucking each other. That said, I get that such was not quite your intention with this scene. As to the the development of Elizabeth's character, I agree that this chapter is more in line with her end-game/DLC self. One thing I do wonder about though, now that I think about it, is how Elizabeth managed/manages to reconcile versions of Booker still existing despite the whole point of murdering her Booker (the one that rescued her) being to somehow imprint his choice to accept the baptism and then die across all versions of him. Which is admittedly an outgrowth of the game's lack of internal consistency at the end rather than any plot-whole of your own creation, but is still a quandary effectively highlighted towards the end of this chapter.
thisisharderthanitseems chapter 6 . 10/6/2014
Gotta say, wasn't expecting her to turn them on one-another. I do like the development of Elizabeth's character, although i feel like it's retracing some of what was developed over the course of the game (Elizabeth had gone rather dark by the end of it).
thisisharderthanitseems chapter 3 . 10/5/2014
This chapter hurt to read. I know that, realistically, Booker is too flawed a character to not fuck up like that, but it still sucks to read it. I can only hope that he doesn't do too much damage to himself before his better aspects shine through (assuming they ever do).
thisisharderthanitseems chapter 2 . 10/4/2014
I approve of fact-checking. Proper research is one of the keys to good writing. Also, really liking this so far.