Reviews for Clemency
PippaFrost chapter 1 . 7/1
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! DAMN RIGHT ARTHUR! YEEESSSSS DAMNIT! NOW GO FOR GAIUS AND BRING MERLIN BACK BECAUSE HE OBVIOUSLY ISN'T DEAD! AND HAPPY ENDING WILL BE!
GaaraLove4-ever chapter 1 . 2/28
Awesome job!
The Black Forest chapter 1 . 2/11
I LOVED this!
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 1/12
And so Camelot fell to pieces at the next magical threat and was never heard from again. You did an excellent job with the drama and description of the pyre, although it is perhaps unrealistic for Merlin to not escape from such a fate, particularly if it is Uther causing it. You can't really blame Arthur for immediately gutting Uther upon getting back, even if he will likely regret it later. Thank you for posting this.
FudoTwin17 chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
There are tears in my eyes right now. I love it, though.
Unformal Sorrelle chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Wow. The death scene is so calm its really creepy, it's like distanced but tragic, so it's more of a- well, it's a situation that somehow you know it's a forgone conclusion so there's no hope, no fear- no even looking for it. The scene was like inescapable sadness. Then cutting to Uther's callous disrespect to Merlin's body and enlightening the readers to his plan... It's just... No wonder Arthur killed him.
In a way, this fic seems very poetic. I can explain why, but it just does.
Anyways, thanks for writing this! You did a great job!
musicalgirl4474 chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
Oh, well, violent ending, but very deserved.
Palimpest chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
The descriptions of Merlin's death were strangely calm, it set the surreal tone and made Merlin's execution less of a loud horror and more of a heartbreaking passing. When I read that Uther had done the execution while Arthur was away, I immediately shut off my reader for a moment to sit in my horrified fury. And I turned it back on only to have the anger and bitter disgust build- I could almost taste it on my tongue. Arthur's strike came with surprise, but also a grim, sick, satisfaction.
Val-Creative chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
With how rage Arthur showed about the thought of Uther being responsible for his mother's death, I could see what had been done as a fit of passion. Maybe he'd regret it later, since more death follows, and killing Uther never guaranteed Merlin's return-but I see it as IC.

This was chilling and heartbreaking. Worth several reads in one sitting.
Ddiwerth chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Loved the creepy distancing from the characters emotions - almost like they were watching the events happen to someone else. Egads but Uther is such a cad in this...pretending to be okay about Merlin's magic and then murdering him as soon as Arthur's back is turned. Can't say I blame Arthur for his extreme reaction after such a betrayal. How could he ever trust his father's word again (or even look at him for that matter, with such a callous heart)?!

As always, I absolutely loved the nitty-gritty details of the Merlin whump, as he slowly succumbed to the smoke and flames. Interesting that Uther would put the fire out as soon as he died - I always thought they would let them burn until there was nothing left but ash and bones (and make it easier to bury him). I suppose in a way this is kind to their family, to have something tangible to bury and mourn.

Very very very nice...nothing wrong with a bit of depression therapy now and then. I'd love some more too :O)
StormQueen6711 chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
holyyyy... dark but nice :D
ImaginationInk chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Great one-shot, really sad and I loved it. While I would've liked more (by that I mean it being longer) it's also great that it's so short, you understand the main points and it makes you think and imagine the rest. Well done(:
yay chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Wow, this was depressing. But really nicely done!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Wow! I hate depressing Merlin stories but I forced myself to read it-I was sucked into reading this- And I am so glad I did. Hurray! Arthur kills him. Never saw it coming and it was perfect.
Definitely favoriting this! Great job.
huntersandhalos chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Wow... this hurts. :( But it was incredibly beautiful and I love your writing.