Reviews for A Better Life
WarLock571 chapter 8 . 8/18
Great work. I look forward to you getting it and all the others updated. You have a great imagination. Something I do not possess, I joined FF so I could read the restricted stories. I am a bookworm but that get expensive.
mmat chapter 8 . 7/25
Would like to see more of this story.
Good story , keep up the good work! Sorry about your grandfather.
LillianAsterPotter chapter 8 . 5/26
Loving this story! I do hope you continue it! Also when is Harry going to have his makeout session with Regulus?
Olaf74 chapter 8 . 2/1
Poor Poor Dumbydumby :)
sinnercharly chapter 8 . 1/20
Nice story so far, I'm looking forward to read the next chapter.
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 8 . 1/18
You have my deepest sympathy for your Grampa's passing.

I was in my late teens/early twenties when he died. We were very, very close.

As time has passed the sorrow of his loss has become muted and I can treasure the times we spent together. I remember one very special memory: I was about 8 or so and my Grampa gave me a knife he had gotten when he was about that age. I carried it through out high school (and never even stabed anyone with it!) Now *I,m* the Grampa and have alread decided that when my grandson get's to an age where he can be responsible with a folding knife he'll be gifted with it. It'll end up being a 6-generation knife. I'm planning on having the little metal piece on the outside of the knife engraved with my Grampa and my birth dates to make it something special for him.
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 6 . 1/18
Just a thought on the 'dyke comment from Ron': As the author you put that word into his mouth and while it is a derogatory statement I would think that it is only used as a plot device. Sort of like making someone of the deep South in America speak with poor grammar and maybe be supporting of Klan-held positions.

I had the privilage of working with a scientist a few years ago who was (as the bumper sticker on his car said:) "Out and Proud".

While I complemented him and his former partner on their handling of thier seperation on their son I was not then, nor am now in favor of that particular lifestyle.

I would hope that as (supposed) adults we can disagree without being disagreable.

I remember a line from a Jake Grafton novel I read many years ago: 'someone can honorably hold an opinion different from your own'. The other quote I like to apply in a situation like this is: "I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it".

Soap box mode OFF.

YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 4 . 1/18
This has a nice dynamic going. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Thanks so much for giving in to your muse's urging on this story idea.

Cheers (and happy belated birthday)

YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 2 . 1/18
Cool start. It'll be nice to see how the wizarding world progresses without moldyshorts.

Cheers!

PensiveProsperity chapter 5 . 12/24/2014
If Dumbledore is suppose to be missing since the closing of Hogwarts then why is he still headmaster and in the great hall welcoming incoming students? Makes absolutely no sense!
redwolf23456 chapter 8 . 12/19/2014
Great story so far
Jonn Wolfe chapter 8 . 12/8/2014
This is a fantastic fic that I shall be following with much excitement.

Wondering just HOW Dumbles got his job back. Also wondering how long it will be before he's either outed or killed.
ahylmn chapter 8 . 12/4/2014
amazing fic. take your time. it must be very trying for you specially after your grandfather
Vegasman59 chapter 8 . 11/25/2014
Damn what a place to abandon us I love this story, Please continue it!