Reviews for Leviathan Rising
PaC chapter 1 . 8/14
For a DEEP sort of Lake slash fjord, as depicted in say, the Potter movies.

Or just a pretty big DEEP lake, dropping the entire water volume it from even a few centimeters might get you 20 foot waves or even much taller waves.

NOT like this is a brand new fanfic, that I'd even have any reason to bother to work out the physics. Imagine or try to google up for small to medium size meteor impacts, or probably a better demo, an ocean bottom earthquake, or waves IN DEEP water of a BIG ocean from a big chunk of glacier breaking off into the sear, an earthquake which only shifts a few inches movement shove of the ocean BOTTOM ONLY, NOT the entire volume above, in DEEP water, and creates HUGE ass TALL tsunami waves when the energy and that DEEP water wave pulse reaches shallow water.

A smart muggleborn trying to do say, some correspondence school, to continue their muggle education. Might even provide a gag, say Harry "DROPS" the lake from only an inch or two high, NOT putting it every so slowly back into place. The near the shore water will have some waves, like a small boat wake might create. A Harry tsunami would be delayed, the muggleborn might cry out a warning, that everyone better flee to high ground AWAY from the shoreline. Might be wrong or reasonable without calculations, that HUGE numbers of interferring waves, some reinforcing near show, other's overall as a "group" cancelling [trough plus crest equals flat no wave no wake, crest plus crest equals sum of crests arriving near shore near the same time.]. One might imagine, first, smaller waves, dozens or hundreds from the water dropped near the shoreline, the DEEP water and waves striking the other side, say of hills or mountains would reflect and remix with the rest of the mess of turbulance wave actions. But the DEEP water drop [TALL mountain or huge hill of water mass and volume, of only centimeters drop, would arrive pretty quick ... ? dunno, for big ass lake, maybe fifteen to 40 seconds a WILD guess. I've been away from physics and engineering for a LONG time, and never did this sort of calculation, a geologist combo oceanographer might even have a good guess.
I would be fairly certain, that you've dropped the lake from FAR TOO GREAT a height to not end up with a quickie sort of tall tidal wave crashing over anyone not say, dozens if not several dozens of feet or meters HIGHER than the shore of the lake, to not be capped over with a huge wave. Perhaps rather like giant surf breaking wave than a surging tidal sort of wave, cresting, breaking, falling from above on top of the running crowd. If anti apparating wards extend that far, alla4re in deep shit.
Awesome story!
geetac chapter 1 . 5/24
I loved the story it's so exciting.
SlytherinLegacie 338 chapter 1 . 4/23
well I would say that even Percy Jackson would be stunned by what Harry did, maybe even a little jellies

Grate story. I am very intrigued to read other story's from you... KEEP ON WRITING :)
Order and Chaos - Qui Iudicant chapter 1 . 4/23
O.O That was totally frin'-frackin' amazing! Really, I've never even thought of something like this! Going into my favorites for sure! And I bet old Mad-Eye Moody was going wide-eyed (and possibly his magical one popped out) at the sight of this, and best of all, for once Harry did something of his own accord! :D

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Interesting.
Tcolt chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
An interesting premise. Will check the author's page if there's more. Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
I really liked this story. Sad that nobody considered stopping the teen bleeding all over the ground and clearly possessed.
NarutosBrat chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
I shudder to think what Hermione's reaction is going to be when she finds out; especially after the promise he made in the first task.
Random number generator chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
You may want to mark this as complete.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
I don't suppose you intend to explain what that actually was, do you?
Lewis The King chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I rather liked the way you portrayed Dumbledore, the magic was impressive. This is extremely well written for a one-shot, This is a genre definer for on-shots which are written well.
LunarCatNinja chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Sweet, this was cool!
Toby860 chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
What. I thought he was going to summon a type of sea serpent that have that help him along with the task and why would you just raise up the water.
Mythological Stories chapter 1 . 8/23/2012