Reviews for To Trust Again
Guest chapter 16 . 11/2/2014
So there is so much I would like to say, after finishing your story but Im typing via a cell and i fear it would take forever. So i'll be blunt, i suffer depression. But your story through Merlin's struggle with his own, has...i simply cannot convey how important and moving the moment is, when against the two morganas real an unreal he is able to push and move forward beyond them. I felt that moment. I think I'm feeling that effort and breath of determined air even now. You have given me a total stranger a rare gift of hope, empathy of a kind, and a sort of example of a reminder to keep trying in life, pursuits etc. Thank you for such a gift that is this story. I only wish it was Canon. And i love Aithusa. a fellow magi.
ravenclaw13athena chapter 16 . 9/22/2014
Excellent pair of stories! I haven't started the third installment, but I will soon. First I want to say I loved the way you characterized Merlin and his demons. It all fit very well, and nothing was out of character. I thought this story gave a really cool perspective on his character. I also want to say, I wish the directors and producers of the show had consulted with fanfiction writers when creating magical fight scenes. Your writing is a great example of fight scenes that are better than in the show. The action was creative, captivating, and incredibly easy to follow. I'd say action and fighting is your strongest area as a writer, with angst being a close second.

Now, if you'd like, I want to give a bit of constructive criticism. You had a good deal of grammatical errors. Many were clearly just typos, but there were several cases of tenses not in agreement and sentences that didn't exactly make sense. You also had a tendency to leave small holes or to repeat yourself. You would introduce something and then fail to mention it or even disregard it later, or you would have dialogue repeated differently when showing a scene from multiple different points of view, which could be confusing. I think overall you should make sure to keep track of what you've written and consider it as you continue to write.

Aside from these few things, I really loved these two stories. Your writing is compelling, thrilling, and creative, and I'm definitely going to read more of your work. Keep it up!
Moon Fox chapter 16 . 9/20/2014
Wonderful story! I don't know how I fell behind on reading it, but the ending was well done.

Off to start reading the third one now!
Moon Fox chapter 15 . 9/20/2014
Love the way he came to terms with himselfand the battle was awesome.
Moon Fox chapter 14 . 9/19/2014
awesome chapter. Morgana is truly evil, but I like the way Merlin took charge and found his strength. Just like in Loyal, despite all that's happening, he still manages to push through. I think that's why I like these stories. You have the whump and angst, but you also allow him to maintain his BAMFness.
Moon Fox chapter 13 . 9/18/2014
So, I started reading the next story in this series tonight (just been so busy I hadn't had a chance to get to it) then I realized, I somehow had not finished reading this one *gasp*

Sorry about that, but now I'm going to finish reading this in the next few days! I am biting my nails about whatever spell Mordred cast on Gwen, and glad to finally see Merlin pulling out of his darkness a bit!
wryter501 chapter 16 . 8/10/2014
oh no, my poor dear selfless merlin... he took the wound on himself, didn't he? :(
i worried about him taking that wound, as he'd already suffered the cuts etc. from morgana attacking him with those splinters, but i gather he more shared it than assumed it entirely... much better.
i do find in this type a/u (arthur as king, merlin as court sorcerer, golden age begun) i rather enjoy the pairing of merlin&mithian... :P
well done altogether, a great read!
wryter501 chapter 15 . 8/9/2014
hoo boy, and now arthur's dueling mordred... although, mordred doesn't have a dragon-breathed sword this time... but arthur's is, and i'm always afraid it could be turned against him in this type situation...
so merlin's got to defend himself, break gwen free, then kill morgana? and all in his condition... :(
yay, that arthur's insults serve to dispel the insults of the armband! he's an idiot, not a monster! :D
and i love that you made morgana's death scene mirror the scene when merlin poisoned her, that was so well staged and acted!
but now arthur's dying? what?
wryter501 chapter 14 . 8/9/2014
it is interesting seeing another sorcerer face morgana (aubrey) and wondering what merlin would have chosen to do differently? take out all seven of the servant/sorcerers at once?
all it takes is for arthur to be threatened, and everything in merlin's life (soul, heart, magic) falls in line... i know he's not perfect, but when does merlin ever not rise to the occasion, when arthur is in danger? ;P
wryter501 chapter 13 . 8/9/2014
oh, dear, and now we have gwen enchanted... :(
and is kara now added to the cast of demons haunting merlin? :(
through the meeting scene i keep feeling like gwen's a ticking time bomb... what has she been enchanted to do, and when?...
ooo, what a gamble, arthur! and bring odin's threats to a head for once and for all! get past it!
and now i'm thinking of the dragon's warning, that mordred's destiny would be to accomplish arthur's death... does it count if mordred is the one to enchant gwen to stab her husband in the back?... *cringe*
wryter501 chapter 12 . 8/9/2014
lords, morgana is manipulative. and cold. maybe it's dangerous to be her enemy, but from what i can see, it's more dangerous to be her friend. that b*tch.
it's too d*mn bad merlin and mordred never talked more. that mordred didn't know exactly what morgana was capable of doing, even before she knew merlin had magic, or that he was emrys. that he didn't know about freya - mordred's not the only one who's wept by the body of the girl he loved, then stood by his duty and loyalty to the king anyway...
okay, now see what you've done to me? i hardly ever use pr*fanity in my reviews. (:D)
in retrospect, it seems kind of stupid for arthur to think he can gather all the rulers together to discuss the laws on magic, and expect morgana not to show interest or meddle...
wryter501 chapter 11 . 8/9/2014
find myself hoping kara might have a change of heart also... with the proof right in front of her of arthur's motives and work for magic, and morgana's blatant disregard even for allies... the differences in the way they treat her ought to to be eye-opening!
i have this suspicion that the activity in the villages is just to keep their attention away from whatever morgana's really planning...
crap. i wonder if kara's death is part of morgana's plan, or whether kara attempted something on her own... but there is no way mordred's not going to try to murder merlin, or go right to morgana, or something.
wryter501 chapter 10 . 8/9/2014
when morgana says, mordred will learn which side is truly good and which truly evil, i find myself hoping she's actually right (though she seems to have gotten them mixed up...)
yay, mithian! one of the truly perceptive people in the whole series! she'd have gotten his secret out of merlin in half a month if she'd been from camelot instead of nemeth!
wryter501 chapter 9 . 8/9/2014
once you get past the whole 'you killed me' unpleasantness, conversation between arthur and freya isn't hard... they both love merlin, after all. :)
i'm a little skeptical of merlin's agreement to accept help... sometimes an appearance of cooperation can disguise the opposite decision... hope i'm wrong, that's all...
wryter501 chapter 8 . 8/9/2014
ah, the one who wants to talk to arthur about merlin is freya. i got the feeling that her image particularly haunts merlin...
this type conversation between mordred and kara reads so much differently when the ban on magic has already been lifted, arthur actively working on restoring magic... 'i just came here for you' - omg, i want him to recognize that the bandit attack was a setup! she wasn't surprised to see him, she intended on seeing him!
you know, seems to me that's the crux of the question - for morgana, for merlin, for mordred (for kara?) do you look at the big picture and do what's best for everyone? or do you only think of yourself?...