Reviews for Trust
Maddie Rose chapter 19 . 3/2
Okay so, I'm a big Pacific Rim fan, and I went through this fandom and thought I would give your story a go. You're a very good writer, don't get me wrong. But what I have a problem with, on the whole, is your OC.

Audrey Vaughn is the ONLY person who can pilot a Jaeger solo. Simply because she's "wired differently". Which really means "just because". That's not a really valid reason, considering even the strongest of Jaeger pilots struggle to pilot solo even for a short amount of time - only Stacker and Raleigh have ever done it AT ALL, but Audrey can just casually do this all the time. And "not even break a sweat". Uh, okay. Although I am glad that Audrey does become "normal", what exactly is the reasoning behind this, so that she can pilot with Raleigh? It just doesn't seem realistic that she has been piloting alone for years and suddenly when it's convenient for the storyline, she can't for no real explicable reason.

We're meant to see Audrey as this strong and confident pilot. But to be honest, I don't. From the beginning, she makes it clear she has no intention of even attempting to get along with the pilots like Chuck that she obviously has bad history with. She's even rude towards Raleigh, for no particular reason other than he tells her to pull her head in. Why does Raleigh even care what happened with Audrey so much that he decides to grill Herc about it, and then interrogate Audrey herself?

As for Audrey...wow everyone is really either out to get her, or just adores her. Raleigh quickly becomes a big Audrey fan and is already wanting to "save" her early in the story. I feel like you're pushing their relationship too much, it's obvious that they're going to be the major pairing of the story, but it doesn't seem as though they're falling together naturally. I feel that Audrey is meant to be a strong female character, but she comes to rely so heavily on Raleigh for support that this no longer becomes the case.

It seems a bit extreme that Audrey also has a "dark secret" that we spend half the story wondering what it is, only knowing that it involves Chuck. I was kind of disappointed by the twist that Anthony raped her, to be honest. You've portrayed Anthony in such a villainous way, with the way he treats Audrey and the fact that he still seems to have a thing for her. If he was toned down a bit I would find him a bit more believable, but right now he just doesn't seem like a credible character.

Other than the points above, I do think you have a good writing style and a solid plot. Your characterisation of canon characters is quite well done. It's just your original characters who don't really seem to fit into the Pacific Rim universe.
Conorr22 chapter 16 . 1/24
Fabulous story! Love your characterizations xx
30kchekov chapter 19 . 11/11/2014
This story is amazing in all the ways that matter. The writing is impeccable, the OC is definitely believable, and the relationship between her and Raleigh feels natural and wasn't forced.
thebeezekneeze chapter 19 . 10/29/2014
THIS IS SO GREAT I LOVE IT
AND YEEEESSS SOA X OC STORY DOOOO ITTTT
Lina Marie 02 chapter 19 . 9/10/2014
I hope those assholes are dead -.-
XenomorphHuntr65 chapter 19 . 5/11/2014
Hey man,
CONTINUE THE STORY! ITS SO AMAZING!

!UPDATE!

-Xeno
Guest chapter 19 . 4/16/2014
Hope you update soon and that you do a sons story aswell
Kristinmw chapter 19 . 2/17/2014
Cliffhanger! I can't wait to see what happens!
Kristinmw chapter 18 . 2/17/2014
Aww Raleigh is so sweet! Loved this chapter and I love them together as a couple :) they're just getting better and better :)
Kristinmw chapter 17 . 2/17/2014
Loved this chapter as usual! Can't wait to see how New Years goes and what plan they come up with to stop the kaiju attacks!
XRaiderV1 chapter 19 . 2/17/2014
well done on the battles.
wabi-sabi1090 chapter 19 . 2/17/2014
Talk about action. I mean non stop. The whole time I'm thinking 'please let them make it out safe'. Hope the others made it out alive. I'm interested in your SOA story.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 19 . 2/17/2014
Update immediately, please!Update immediately, please!
Ant9472 chapter 19 . 2/17/2014
Well done
NL92 chapter 19 . 2/17/2014
So glad you updated!,missed your updates and yes to the sons of anarchy story!