Reviews for An Opening Door
Pineapple Angel 14 chapter 27 . 9/6/2014
Wow... this story was absolutely amazing. It took me about 3 days to finish it all, but it was well worth it! the idea and concept was quite brilliant and your descriptions of the character's inner emotions and depths were immaculate. :-) I love how you incorporated the "real" characters' back-stories in with your own plots! :) Overall, the story was absolutely fantastic! Some bits were A BIT predictable or at least I predicted them.. (ex. Cuddy recognizing Greg/House, the last chapter being House becoming free, etc.) but they were predictable in a good, perfect way. -the predictable moments turned out for the best! :) They had the desired effect! :)
Aaaaaanyway, great work! Brilliant story! It's quiet evident that you are a superb author.
:D
Keep 'em coming!
Robin chapter 27 . 5/23/2014
Great read. Many thanks.
Robin chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
I've been avoiding this story as I usually don't go for tales, but on MissBates' rec, here I am, and I have been missing a wonderful read. You're very good at making this sound probable, Wilson is totally in character, and I can't wait to hear what Greg's story is. Glad I was led here. I'll keep reading and commenting!
JDow71 chapter 27 . 5/11/2014
I think it is not a just slave story, it is allegory. It is allusion to our fears and nightmares, hopes and expectations, metaphor of our freedom and our chains.
It is helpful.
Thank you.
CacauHousemaniaca chapter 27 . 5/4/2014
Loved the end, pretty cool.
gatesmasher chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
Oh so good and oh so sorry it's over! Is it possible to get too much slave!Greg? Um...no, not really.

Thank you for the wonderful story! Now write another one! ;-)
Guest chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
I'm a bit sad this story had to end. I really enjoyed it. It was wonderfully original and well written. Kudos.
ViolettBlack chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
You gave this wonderful story a beautiful ending.
House asking Wilson to come with him was so touching that I got tears in my eyes.
Too bad that this story is over because I could read new chapters of it forever.
HousesHead13 chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
Well I needed to be awake to review this )...What can I say about this story? A lot of things I guess...
It was the first story of the collarverse that I read, firstly when I started reading the first chapter it was so weird...I thought like "what the fuck" and closed my iPod, after some weeks I decided to give this a chance and you know very well how I have became a fan of this weird world!

I loved each chapter of this story, I loved how you capture the characters in bit of their personalities, the reactions, the psichology you created here...there s lots of sensibility in this, and that must be you, that s why this story is unique...

I remember this ending and I smile..."come with me"...I wasnt expecting that, this story was so enjoyable that the only thing I know is that I will miss it so much!
MissBates chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
Bwaah! House worth all of 500 dollars! The distinction between 'having' a choice and 'being given' one is an important one. One could niggle that Wilson isn't really giving House a choice, but as a matter of fact he is, because House has a history of making bad ones. He's quite capable of going out without a collar. It's interesting to see other people's reactions to Wilson's decision: Nolan's clinical interest, Cuddy's 'not my problem' attitude, the fellows' vacillation between admiration and resentment.

The end was brilliant, a cross between setting 'Moving On' right - House doesn't dump Wilson out of his car and his life, he comes back to pick him up - and the series finale. They're not moving towards an inevitable end, they're moving to a new beginning. House has grown up, but in your fic he has learned to make responsible choices, because Wilson trusts him to do so.

An insightful fic about how the society we live in shapes the way we act and how we see others. (I think you could safely have posted it under your other account.)
OldSFfan chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
Well done and well ended. Great job.
KKBK2 chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
Perfect ending! What a wonderful story this has been. It is a testament to the friendship and trust between two extraordinary people. Slavery is so wrong and it takes brave and committed people to change things. Wilson was a hero in this story. House was also a hero in facing his situation and learning how to change to protect not only himself but Wilson during this journey.
Thank you so much, I hope you will continue to write for us.
linda12344 chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
The last chapter was too fast and now no more. just wished you wrote more from the time of the last chapter instead condensing in one chapter. The growth of House the friendship with Wilson and Cuddy
glenlivet19 chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
Bravo! Awesome story! Really enjoyed it. Hope Wilson goes with him!
Brighid45 chapter 27 . 4/27/2014
This story has been so enjoyable, I hate to see it end. But the ending is exactly right, and what I'd hoped for-House and Wilson becoming real friends, with Wilson finally understanding what House needed was choice, genuine choice, at least within their household. We get to see that through first Nolan's and then Cuddy's point of view, and finally from Wilson's, as House grows in confidence and strength. I love House coming back to Wilson and asking him to go on the trip with him. That's such a great take on the ending of the canon storyline, but so much better too, because it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship instead of the end of a sad and bittersweet one. Excellent story! This is going right on top of the Favorites pile :) Well done.