Reviews for Your Life
StrawberryDuckFeathers chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
You've definitely captured the ideas of Tyler very well in this story. I like the personalisation in this, almost as if Tyler is threatening the reader or domianating them with his ideas. I think that there's somewhat of a dictator-like feel, if I'm using the right word- the way that he's trying to almost force his ideologies onto the public. I think that the 'money is everything, love is everything...' part is effective, especially in the repetition of 'everything', almost as if he sounds fed up with these, in his opinion, wrong ideas. The piece definitely has that 'ditch what you knew and think like me' tone to it. It's intersting how you make all of the things that mankind assumes to be 'everything' seem fake and worthless, by reducing 'money' to 'paper' and 'love' to a mere illusion. I think that the restriction on humans that you imply here is very true; no-one can be what they want- only what the restraints of society allows them to be. I like the crashing-down of the essence of hope in 'how do you change the fate of your future? Well, you won't.' This references Jack so well in the way that he was previously too afraid to stand up to anyone who was irritating him- such as his boss. I like how Tyler urges the person he's speaking to to fight back, and tries to make them see themselves as the ones that will change the world. I also notice that this has a very Marxist flavour to it- the idea that the working classes need to rise up and do something about the higher powers, as well. I have no concrit for this. Keep up the good work. :)
scarlett the seachild chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Nice. Totally captured the Fight Club vibe and I love that last line. Good job :)

SF