Reviews for Into the West
AAAAAAAAAA chapter 1 . 9/19/2013
I hate it when people say "Frodo has never been one of my favorite characters" in Lotr. Pardon me but LOTR is Frodo's story. It is the same as "i love pizza but i hate tomatoes". Simply ridiculous!
Good story though.
Aria Breuer chapter 2 . 8/1/2013
Just to warn you, when one messes with Frodo's mind, Frodo will catch on sooner or later (actually, he may catch on sooner than you think or expect).

Well, when does Frodo ever not brood? However, I do know this isn't the only thing Frodo does, but yes a lot of this pondering happens inside his own thoughts. That's beside the point.

As for the story itself, you did well keeping Frodo in-character at this point. I'm finding it hard to imagine Frodo spending the rest of his days relying on his memories and recovering by reminding himself all the time of the good things in life. Not that that's a bad thing, since it is a good idea. Of course, this can't be all he does with the rest of his life. Some of this paragraph is towards him and not you. The only part I spoke towards you, the writer, is in the first sentence.

In a way, I'm glad Bilbo gave Frodo some advice, but it seems strange that he should give Frodo this advice after they've left Middle-earth for the Undying Lands. Bilbo's last dialogue reminded me of Aslan's dialogue he gave in the book, 'The Last Battle'.

Overall, you did well writing this story. I'm favoriting this story and putting it in my community, A Hobbit's Comeback. I hope putting the story in my hobbit community is all right with you?

Aria Breuer
Daeril Ullothwen chapter 2 . 7/29/2013
Frodo has never been one of my favorite characters, but you have changed my mind. This story is simply beautiful.
dreamflower02 chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
I like this very much! I've always thought Gandalf must have felt guilty for his role in Frodo becoming Ringbearer. A very necessary conversation that must have take place at some point. Why not after the ship sailed?
katybaggins chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Poor Frodo. I know we say that all the time, but the dear hobbit just didn't seem to get a break anywhere, did he? Looking forward to seeing what is next, and I still think you write Frodo wonderfully.
Daeril Ullothwen chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Wow... just wow. Thank you for a most enchanting read.
Silenthunder chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Oh my word... That was just so beautiful! I was drawn into Frodo's words immediately. You know him well, and Gandalf... Again, perfect! They said and thought just what I thought they might. Flawless!