Reviews for The Other Side of Darkness
Summer of '69 chapter 9 . 8/21/2013
This is really good, but I don't know if you're gonna finish it or not.
Guest chapter 9 . 8/19/2013
Fantastic! Please update soon as this story is really incredible. I stumbled across this story only a few days ago, it's one of the best ones I have read! More please!

Thank you so much for sharing!
SpaceGirl13 chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
Love it he would definitely deserve the honor for saving earth! Can't wait for next ch. Thanks!
numom1 chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
Hmmm... interesting chapter. Obviously Kirk isn't too happy about receiving this medal as he feels he did everything wrong and got a lot of people killed. It could be argued though, that in the long run, he saved a lot of lives that would have been lost as the result of a war with the Klingons. I liked McCoy's perspective and how he saw life through Boyce's point of view for a short time. I'm enjoying this story and looking forward to reading more.
Sass Trek chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Well that was mildly depressing. Great plot bunny though, I'm definitely proceeding to the next chapter.
PhoenixFeatherz chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
Awesome, please post more soon! I'm addicted
AngelPanda3 chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
I don't like Komack... I never have...
Nobs chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
love the story-sorry to see it almost coming to an end or will you go beyond 11 chapters?
royalpinkdogs chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
wonderful

I love being inside the heads of all these people-even the ones with headaches...
Tishbing chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
I'd feel the same way. Maybe Starfleet wants to try a put a positive spin on such a big tragedy. To win favor with the public after such a huge messup-
Guest chapter 8 . 8/15/2013
Wow what a great story! I feel this story has been overlooked by many. Which is such a shame as this is one of the most mature, well thought out and well presented stories that I have read on Fanfiction. - I do not say this lightly, as mostly stories of this nature are a rare find.

I personally feel that this is the best written fic and most realistic dealing with the events after STID. I hope that you continue to write this story beyond 10 chapters as I feel that you have a lot more to say.

Your Spock/Bones/Jim interactions are brilliant, the plot is thought out and has a good rhythm (although I am not sure how you are going to complete the story in 10 chapters). Charataraistion is spot on, as is your dialogue for all the characters, I especially enjoyed Scotty's piece in this chapter.

I would love to see you write Jim going home with Bones and his steady progress towards taking the Enterprise on the her five year mission, squeezing in some examples of James Kirk The Great leader. I know this may make it a bit of an epic fic but I think that this fandom could really do with a story which covers it. I think you would do an amazing job of that as your style and plot planning are to be envied!

Thank you for a great story, I look forward to the next update!

PH
HappytheExceed chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
So sweet of Bones to be massaging Jim. What's right & what's wrong, there's no telling to that. If we being put in Jim's shoes, we won't know if we deserved to be commended too.
TheDeductionist chapter 9 . 8/17/2013
Whoa! I love it! Update soon :D
anonymous chapter 8 . 8/14/2013
Wow! What a way to end that chapter! I felt just as proud of Kirk receiving the medal of honor as if I were a member of his own crew! Anyways, awesome job and keep the chapters coming! Your story is probably my favorite out there! (Oh, and one tiny request? I love all of the Kirk angst with Bones, but could you also maybe throw some Kirk angst in there with Spock as well? Spock just always manages to show up when he's sleeping or okay. I'd like to see how Spock reacts/handles when Kirk is really suffering and Bones isn't around or available immediately. Don't know...just a thought!) Once again, terrific job and update soon!
Mandy chapter 8 . 8/14/2013