Reviews for The Other Side of Darkness
hollow-ambitions chapter 3 . 8/4/2013
I saw Into Darkness with a group of friends opening day. While we all absolutely ADORED the movie and sobbed like babies when Kirk died, we all agreed that the ending was way too rushed, not detailed enough and way too wham, bam, thank you ma'am-ish. My friend Rebecca and I were like, "Dude, McCoy, you rock for saving Kirk... but how the blazes did you DO IT?!" And, of course, the movie was all, "LOL, you can not has such information! XD"

*laughs* Anyway, I've read a crap ton of stories documenting what happens in the year the movie conveniently skips, but without a doubt this is my absolute favorite. :) It's emotional but not unbelievably so, and your characterizations are fabulous. Spock's struggle with how to handle the situation is great, and I love love love how protective he is of Kirk. And McCoy. Hopelessly devoted McCoy. It's all so, so good.

Plus you SOUND like you know what you're talking about when describing all the medical stuff, and that's a welcomed change. :P Medical stuff is hard to figure out and so damn tedious to research, but you've got it down, my friend.

Your writing's lovely, heartfelt and genuine. I cannot wait to see where you take us from here.
royalpinkdogs chapter 3 . 8/3/2013
MARVELOUS
THIS IS EXTRAORDINARY
SpaceGirl13 chapter 3 . 8/3/2013
oh poor Kirk. He seems so pitiful. Glad his buddy is there!
Tishbing chapter 3 . 8/3/2013
Didn't the vengeance crash after Kirk went in the warpcore? Doees he know about the damage to san francisco?
SpaceGirl13 chapter 2 . 7/31/2013
very detailed and interesting medical stuff...like watching a medical show! I enjoy the McCoy viewpoint on it all. Thanks and keep going!
Bebedora chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Great! I'm a big fan of fics that deal with the "in between" time after Kirk's death. So far...very, very good. Looking forward to your next update.

B