Reviews for Cages
DovahDoVokun9 chapter 1 . 2/25
Make a sequel pls
Love it
TidePoolDevil chapter 1 . 11/10/2016
Nice. There should definitely be a continuation of this.
Maya Chain 23 chapter 1 . 7/2/2016
Nice fic, I love the parallels between Toph and Zuko
Elf Kid2.0 chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
This is really, really fantastic.

The characterizations are great, I like the story, and everything about this was very well done.

Thank You for writing this.
Data Seeker chapter 1 . 1/7/2016
Hi

Interesting. It appears to be an AU.

The basic plot with Toph and Zuko is good. The various references to culture, concepts, style and such are excellent.

Much of the narration, interaction, storyline and such are good, though some of the writing and details need work.

The wholesome standards are high.

The language is clean.
Nothing is suggestively offensive.
No extreme violence or any other vile content.

I hope this review brightens your day. God bless

Data Seeker
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
This was amazing!
Always-Striving chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
I love it. I really, really love it. The world needs more of these two!
Thimble chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Lovely story.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
This story is truly a well written work on an interesting topic. I loved it and would be greatly interested in the continuing adventures of our two intrepid heros/runaways. Please add more! :)
Lucy Stremer chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
Good fic, are you gonna write part 2? pls?
anyway thank you for the good story see you soon :)
Writingathing chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
D'awwww.

Everything's better with Toph and Zuko, and you have their voices nailed.
Shinnypichu88 chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
sequel?

maybe you can make this into something like an AU?
Lunatique chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
Nice story! I liked the comparison of Zuko's imprisonment to Toph's, but the deeper insight was that her escape to the Earth Rumble arena was no escape at all, just an illusion of power in a prison of exploitation and brutality. Good job showing Zuko and Toph being in separate prisons at first and then moving them into the same cell, as it were, in the system of oppression. It doesn't matter that she's at the top of that system and he at the bottom; there's definite privilege in her position, but she's still not free if she has to pay in her humanity to stay there.

It was particularly profound that the strongest bars of all were the belief that she didn't deserve any better, which reminds me of vumzic's preface to her Fruits Basket analysis that the essence of abuse isn't hitting or insults but making you believe in your own lack of worth. I've had it directed at me loads of times, being told I was too incompetent and immature to make it, that my feelings and instincts and perceptions were all wrong. Breaking free of that hurt because I did have to tear at bonds I genuinely valued, but it was the only way I felt I could live an intact life.

Also, good image of Toph's blindness. I'm used to seeing her PoV in complete blackness and find it realistic that she has light perception but can't see details. Great, pointed descriptions overall.

I like how this story wraps your strength with action and wit around a truth about the human condition. Your stories have really been gaining in depth lately and it's a joy to see you grow as a writer.
Proto chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
That part with the orange-colored sand was so cool that I spent a few minutes just imagining what it would have looked like in the cartoon.