Reviews for It Wasn't Sleep
humanatee chapter 1 . 8/8
Wow. Nice writing.
And I love all of the understatement and casualness. :)
lilwoodb chapter 1 . 4/17
Sh*t. Sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t sh*t. It took me waaaaaayyy too long to figure out what had happened. Oh my gosh, this is so incredibly sad and yet so beautiful, and just the sort of final-final sacrifice Kate would make for Sticky. Great work. :')
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 2/4
Oh. That last line, it says so much.
Pick me as your beta chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH WHY IS THIS SO WELL WRITTEN IT IS TOO BEAUTIFUL AND SSSAAADDDD
TolkienScholar chapter 1 . 7/3/2015
Whoa, this is so sad! Very well done. The character voices are excellent; Sticky sounds exactly like himself, and Kate's being so flippant even as she's dying ("Hey, that was almost slang. You going to start talking like a normal person now?"; "Kate snorted") is perfectly in character. I'm glad she told him she appreciated them at that time, too, though. It was just the right touch, still nobly keeping him from knowing while giving a last message.
I saw a couple nitpicky SPaG things. You have "radon" capitalized where Sticky explains it's the 86th element, even though it's clearly a continuation of the line of dialogue starting with "Kate." And this was jut word choice, but I'm not quite sure this is what you meant to say: "...but Sticky's identification skills were not to be faulted..." I'd perhaps have used "doubted" or "questioned" instead of "faulted"; I think that's more of the meaning you intended.
Beautifully sad piece of work. Good job.
AdventuresInTheSueniverse chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
So sad! T_T
BrightGreenNails chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
NOOO! Sticky that was idiotic.
Kool Aid chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
OMGOMGOMG
That was SO SAD!
So she got shot?
OMG I might start crying!
Imma read it again!
sparkles321 chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Ohhhh. Oh, sister.
You are amazingly talented. You've got a great gift of writing, and your stories are perfect. I love them all. And I cried so hard at this!
catsinsuits chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Ooooh my gosh. Oooohhhhh my gbosh. Ohmygosh. I almost cried. That was so sad. Freakin'...
Just.
That was amazing. And no typos or anything from what I can tell. It was beautiful and oh so sad.
jeez.
ow

ow

/ow/
MMJrox88 chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
It seems appropriate that Kate would die for her friends, and was so selfless that she didn't even tell them. I've always admired her.
Jane chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
That. Broke. My. Heart. Oh my gosh my poor, fragile little heart! That was beautiful, tragically so, and very well written! Good job!
NinjaReviewer chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Awww. :( Sadness. Anyway, that was reaaally good. There were no grammar or spelling errors, and they were most certainly in character. Kate would not have admitted she was dying to Sticky and would have definitely calmed him down by doing something like this. This is sooooo brilliant and it ended well, although I wouldn't mind another chapter about how the others would react on finding her like that. Loved the story!
gryffinclawesome chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Okay this seriously gave me major chills. Well done! I hope you continue!