Reviews for It Wasn't Sleep
TolkienScholar chapter 1 . 7/3
Whoa, this is so sad! Very well done. The character voices are excellent; Sticky sounds exactly like himself, and Kate's being so flippant even as she's dying ("Hey, that was almost slang. You going to start talking like a normal person now?"; "Kate snorted") is perfectly in character. I'm glad she told him she appreciated them at that time, too, though. It was just the right touch, still nobly keeping him from knowing while giving a last message.
I saw a couple nitpicky SPaG things. You have "radon" capitalized where Sticky explains it's the 86th element, even though it's clearly a continuation of the line of dialogue starting with "Kate." And this was jut word choice, but I'm not quite sure this is what you meant to say: "...but Sticky's identification skills were not to be faulted..." I'd perhaps have used "doubted" or "questioned" instead of "faulted"; I think that's more of the meaning you intended.
Beautifully sad piece of work. Good job.
MaraMania chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
So sad! T_T
BrightGreenNails chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
NOOO! Sticky that was idiotic.
Kool Aid chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
That was SO SAD!
So she got shot?
OMG I might start crying!
Imma read it again!
sparkles321 chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
Ohhhh. Oh, sister.
You are amazingly talented. You've got a great gift of writing, and your stories are perfect. I love them all. And I cried so hard at this!
catsinsuits chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Ooooh my gosh. Oooohhhhh my gbosh. Ohmygosh. I almost cried. That was so sad. Freakin'...
That was amazing. And no typos or anything from what I can tell. It was beautiful and oh so sad.
Goooooooooooood job.
fluggerbutter chapter 1 . 9/23/2013

MMJrox88 chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
It seems appropriate that Kate would die for her friends, and was so selfless that she didn't even tell them. I've always admired her.
Jane chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
That. Broke. My. Heart. Oh my gosh my poor, fragile little heart! That was beautiful, tragically so, and very well written! Good job!
NinjaReviewer chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Awww. :( Sadness. Anyway, that was reaaally good. There were no grammar or spelling errors, and they were most certainly in character. Kate would not have admitted she was dying to Sticky and would have definitely calmed him down by doing something like this. This is sooooo brilliant and it ended well, although I wouldn't mind another chapter about how the others would react on finding her like that. Loved the story!
claire97 chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Okay this seriously gave me major chills. Well done! I hope you continue!
readwritereview chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
You caught the characters quite well! Kate is definitely the kind of person who would hide the fact that she's dying so that Sticky wouldn't worry.
DramaQueen69981 chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Oh my, that gave me chills at the end. Impeccable grammar and spelling, as usual. That was so in character for Kate. She would definitely be the type of person to act okay even though she was dying to keep Sticky calm.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
so normally I don't like to read MBS fanfics where the characters die because I love them all too much to think about that happening to them- but this was really well done. I feel like if Kate were to die it would happen exactly like this. She would know she was dying and be too noble and brave to worry the others by admitting it, and here Sticky would be prattling on about radon and such. This was actually very well done, good job. I liked this a lot.
GreatKateZonkeyMachine chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
A lunch of mushrooms! That brings me back to the seventh Harry Potter book. Good times.

Wonderful, as always. I found zero typos (not that I was looking for them) and I really like how you left the whole situation unexplained. Everybody was in character. You didn't give any indication of their ages, but I feel like they're probably a few years older than they are in the books. Something about this whole story gives off that vibe. Maybe it's the mention of a gunfight; that's unusually grown-up for MBS. By the way, the summary of this story - does that text actually appear anywhere in the story? If so, I missed it.

This is just me, but I think K would be a more appropriate rating. Death and whatnot.