Reviews for The Albatross
Christina chapter 13 . 2/22
Your writing is amazing! The voice is perfectly in line with the characters. The story progressing in a mesmerizing way. You should have written the last season. Thanks for keeping this on line!
JB Hawke chapter 30 . 1/31
Excellent. Very well written.
brynn chapter 30 . 1/12
this story was absolutely flawless. thank you SO much for writing it! you are a brilliant writer!
Tom chapter 30 . 10/23/2014
I know I’m late to the party but I just read your story and think it might be my favorite Debster fanfic. You have seen into all the dark corners of their complex relationship and yet understood how it doesn’t have to be doomed and tragic but can be affirming to the both of them. It even made me tear me up at certain points. I feel like you have extended the life of these great characters from the TV screen to the written word with this work – we got a little more Dexter and Deb! – and I thank you for sharing it with us.
gangling freak chapter 30 . 7/6/2014
Uhg, such a lovely story. I loved all of the quotes at the beginning of each chapter as well! Thank you for letting Deb live, and letting them keep the child. I needed a happy ending after how devastated I was to watch the finale (Especially since Deb was my fav character since the pilot ep!) Loved the depth of the characters in this as well, and the complicated web of Dexter and Debra's relationship evolving throughout this story. It was one of the best parts of the series as well for me, I loved their relationship (whether as a couple or just family), they had the deepest, and most intimate bond out of all of the characters. Overall, I am completely satisfied with this story, and I wish you well in your future ventures as a writer! :D

Vema chapter 30 . 7/5/2014
Holy shit. This was delicious. It's the Debster fanfic of my dreams.

It had the perfect level of angst and denial from both parties. I like that Dexter was the one who seemed to come to terms with it first, too. Seems likely, what with Deb being so stubborn. I just love her in this, foul mouthed and confused and adorably preggers. And Dex rubbing her tummy made me melt.

You also didn't shy away from the Dark Passenger part of Dexter's personality either, which I loved. Too often, fics gloss over the violence and need for blood and death that he has and replace it with a sticky-sweet version where love has somehow "cured" him (lookin' at you, writers of the actual show!). Not only is this drastically unrealistic, it seems to have really peeved off a majority of fans. Part of the reason I love his character is the strange combination of moral and immoral behaviors and thoughts he exhibits. He's fascinating.

Vogel was a nice touch too, I liked her in a less antagonizing role. Very motherly, and it worked. I thought her subplot with the sons was just filler because they weren't sure where to take Dexter's character.

Let me just say, I hated the way the show ended, and this ending would have been infinitely more satisfying. It's too bad they didn't hire you on for the last season. 3 Thank you so much for sharing your lovely story!
Guest chapter 20 . 2/27/2014
This story is able to thoroughly depict the characters as they truly are, well done
IOException chapter 30 . 1/11/2014
Great story! Stayed mainly Debster-centric throughout with good dialogue and characterization. Kind of went off the rails when your paedophile-OC hijacked the story, resulting in some messed up Debster moments (e.g. Dex blabbing his life story and Deb sparing the guy.), but thankfully the story recovered with the return of the big bad. Intense scenes, a happy ending, and a fun, appropriate twist. Thanks for this!
Writingisfunlol chapter 30 . 1/7/2014
Aww Lou this was wonderful :) One of my favorite Dexter fics out here. I'm glad you wrote it. I would've enjoyed more baby time, more of a cementing of Deb and Dexter's relationship, but I was really really happy that Dexter is focusing his darkness on only Yates and his timeless torture :) Dark, I know, but its a constant on Dexters character.
It has been a wonderful journey to be on with you for such a long time! Thank you so much! I love the darkness it maintains while also allowing for that wonderful comedy we missed so much from earlier seasons.
I want to ask you for something :)… I know the muse was wavering a little bit there towards the end of this fix, but let me know if you fins the prompt interesting.. I would love, for one final session with Vogel :) For both Deb and Dexter, just because I want to put these characters to bed, I want to see them off happily, just a thought :)
Plus, your image of Vogel was always pretty darn amazing! I'm sad we didn't get to hear from her before it ended. And epilogue would be awesome for this! ;)
Again though, thanks for all the magnificent cliffhangers! Laughs and anxiety atacks! Those all constitute wonderful writing :)
xsilver-galaxyx chapter 30 . 12/22/2013
I get the feeling that keeping Yates alive could backfire on dexter...but that was a great end to the story :)
JNonato chapter 30 . 12/22/2013
It was amazing to accompany this story! I loved the ending, the plot, the everything! Haha. Congratulations! You really are something else (:
soodohnimh chapter 30 . 12/22/2013
Thanks for the story. I really enjoyed it. :)
Tomas chapter 30 . 12/22/2013
That's wonderful! Magnificent end. I derived a lot of pleasure. Thanks! :)
Guest chapter 30 . 12/22/2013
What a great Christmas present to knowing that Dex and Deb are happy and together. They both have everything they need and want. It was a very fitting mix of happy ending and Dexter's darkness with what he did to Yates
Santanella chapter 30 . 12/22/2013
What a pleasant surprise - three chapters in one day! Thank you for this gift!

I read your story all over, thanks to Kate ( /readfic/1060400)/). Катюш, если читаешь это – спасибо тебе за действительно качественный перевод и то, что заставила меня влюбиться в этот фанфик. И не только в этот, ну, ты знаешь! :)))

I wish love & happiness for Deb and Dexter and I hope they’ll be together! And Yates got what he deserved! Hooray! :)

Lou, I want to thank you (yeah, again) for such a wonderful story! I was afraid to write a comment. I don’t know why. Yeah, I guess it's strange... :)

I look forward to seeing your new stories soon!

So I wish you inspiration and happy Christmas & New Year! May all your dreams and wishes come true! :)

Elena :)