Reviews for The Play
LadyOfTheUnderground chapter 4 . 11/24/2011
This is a very well written story: you give a good amount of details without over doing it, you kept everyone pretty much in character (I'm just not used to seeing Roger being affectionate, but you still managed to keep him sarcastic and, well, Roger-like and Judy's speech was spot on), and you have good spelling and grammar. Personally I think this pairing is pretty far fetched, but your story made me want to give it a chance. Here's the only problem I had: the ending.

Yes, Doug was being nosy, but he was also just trying to look out for his big sister, and Roger too. Judy does find Doug annoying at times, but I seriously doubt that she would allow Roger or anybody to beat up her little brother like that, and the fact that she was so nonchalant about it makes her even more out of character. It was one thing for Roger to beat Doug up, but to spit at him too? That is the absolute lowest thing he could have done. I think, if anything, Judy would have just waited until Roger had left and started screaming at Doug at the top of her lungs and then told their parents. Doug's outburst was rude, but I find it understandable considering all the crap that Roger puts him through on a daily basis, which Judy knows about. I can handle the slap better than that (I guess it was warranted, even though what Doug said was true).

I hope I didn't come off as rude, for that wasn't my intention. All in all, it was a pleasant read, I just don't agree with the ending.
thomas chapter 4 . 3/19/2009
in the next few chapters Doug & Skeeter & Thomas was sitting in his room jut reading Man -O- Steel Man comics that's when Doug asked me he said So Thomas what do you think of Man -O- Steel Man Comics are really really cool and he said thanks Thomas said Doug well Can I tell you something Doug sure bro what do you have to tell me huh Thomas asked Doug well this is my firist time reading Man - O- Steel Man comic really Thomas said Doug you mean to tell me that you never ever ever read a Man -O- Steel comic before no Doug never have I told him but Doug don't you think it's a little weird that your Sister Judy & Roger are going out I mean that's just a lil weird to me but think of it this way and Doug said whatcha mean Thomas asked Doug and I said look with Roger spending so much time with Judy he won't have no time to bully you & Skeeter around if he keeps spending sao much time with your sister Judy he won't have anytime to bug you and you can spend your time drawing Quailman or talking to Patti I told him and Doug said since you put it that way thaks bro
Harmonic Friction chapter 1 . 11/12/2006
I love Roger. xD. And Judy would so go for him, too.
ark chapter 4 . 8/15/2006
very nicely written. your characterizations were wonderful, especially judy's. i didn't like the ending so much (guess that means i'm a doug bleeding-heart fan), but everything else is right up to par. you're a good writer :]

ps~ i completely agree with yo, the kissing scene was awesome ;D
Digital Damita chapter 4 . 5/13/2003
hehehe wootie wo oto you
Digital Damita chapter 3 . 5/13/2003
THIS HAS TO BE MY FAVOURITE CHAPTER EVER! its so beautiful and passion and oh my god it was great *grins*
Digital Damita chapter 2 . 5/13/2003
woot go roger
Digital Damita chapter 1 . 5/13/2003
Love it love it love it you have them down perfectly
darkraven10 chapter 2 . 4/20/2003
very good story, finally that little chickin got what he desvied for a long time coming, I mean he is aways sticking his big nose ( no pun intead),

in other people bussnes. good job, i would like to see a sqeual to this
yo chapter 4 . 9/27/2002
Kissing scean well written!
Denise chapter 1 . 9/27/2002
This story is like the beginning to the Judy story in her journel, how she later realize the love she has for Roger. I think it is great, well written and thought out. It could definately be turned into animation. Good work Take care and God bless See ya! :)
Ladybird Gribble chapter 4 . 9/9/2002
Woo hoo go Roger! bout time someone shut that snot nosed punk Doug up for once! You only did to him what Im sure many people wish they could do too but seems like you roused a bunch of Doug BleedingHearts here. Well wrote and I saw you post this on the Doug Message thing on Yahoo. I hope you got more in the works here.

To respond to the BleedingHeart people I think if Roger or judy for that matter were p.o.'d enough anything would happen. I mean Rogers been sore at Doug for a while and whos to say it was easy for him to stop clobbering Doug once he started? Reminds me of eating potato chips you cant stop at just one HA HA HA! Guess you didnt read well enough your little doofy boy Doug threw the first hit. Rogers just acting in self defense.

Bring more on miss Kitty you captured the judy spirit well. Any thoughts on other charries in other exploits like maybe a silly story about skeeters brother Dale and Dougs sister Dirtbike in some kind of adventure?
FrankWS chapter 4 . 9/8/2002
I don't like the ending. The way you wrote it Roger and Judy are on their way into deep trouble. Theda would notice and quickly get the truth from Doug, and would approve neither of the beating nor of the kind of relationship between Roger and Judy. Edwina would know next and react.

Patti would end the friendship with Roger and try to argue Judy into submission - after all, when has Judy ever respected Doug's privacy? (Of course, all of this might drive Roger and Judy closer together, preparing for even greater trouble)

I also think Roger really wanting to beat up Doug is out of character for him - he plays pranks and pushes people around - unless Doug would have caused him to lose Judy, which is obviously not the case. And I think Judy would rather punish Doug herself - he is her brother after all.

I think if Roger just pushed him around, and Doug then fought back and insulted them both, and then Judy hit him real hard, the result would be Doug in submission and Judy in the stronger position when it comes to explaining what happened (if it is noticable).
FrankWS chapter 1 . 9/7/2002
Great story, especially since it shows both the characters' up- and downsides.

One thing I wondered when reading it the first time is where the assistants went until I noticed that they've been rehearsing quite some time before Judy noticed Roger in (as) the audience.

Also keep in mind that Roger is 3 years younger than Judy, and she knows the likes of him very well, so Roger needs a lot of his individual qualities to bridge that gap.