Reviews for Combat is an Art form
Guest chapter 14 . 11/6/2016
lmao you turned T Hawk in a jobber
B.B.Wolf1 chapter 19 . 7/16/2014
Nice to see Makoto implementing her new technique in her match against Brock Lesnar. The poor guy didn't stand a chance against the Koji Clutch. Looking forward to James vs. Dudley.
Black Dragon of the Bayou chapter 18 . 6/12/2014
Very nice demostration of the Koji Clutch as far as a written form goes.

Was looking forward to an update and it looks like you have a lot still to get to in your story. I'm a big fan of the James character and how he explains things. The fact that you have him so apt to fighting without any formal training is interesting and opens itself up to all sorts of possiblities.

Looking forward to your next chapter and I wish you the best of luck as you try to deal with your Final Fantasy IX Online addiction lol.
Black Dragon of the Bayou chapter 17 . 6/9/2014
I honestly don't know where to begin with this fic. It's too awesome for words! I am not a huge Makoto player (on the new SFIV games I typically play as Sagat, Dudley or Juri...and now HUGO) but I've always been a fan of the character back to the Third Strike days. I love the direction that the fic has taken with Makoto taking on more than just fighting en route to her growth and self-discovery. I also found it hilarious what you've done with some of the characters in the universe of Street Fighter and beyond.

I also want to say I applaud the wrestling references, ALL OF THEM! I know a bit about Kanemoto (I was more of a Liger/Ohtani fan, but I respect him and his work) and Hamada (...I had a crush when I first saw her wrestle in TNA.) and of course I am a bit of a Brock Lesnar fan. I didn't grow up around wrestling, but I've watched it ever since I'm a small child and occasionally do a little research into the history of it and watch wrestling matches from back in the day with people like Harley Race, Tatsumi Fujinami, etc. As a wrestling fan at heart, I fell over like a fanboy when I saw those names come up in the story.

Very fun read so far and I'm interested to see what happens with this tournament and beyond and how Makoto continues to mature and evolve. You've actually helped inspire me to continue work on a story of my own that sort of fuses the worlds of street fighter and pro wrestling and I want to thank you for that. One last thing...everything you said about Louisiana/Southern guys liking the big posteriors...ABSOLUTE TRUTH! Being from Louisiana, I can't deny it at ALL. Again, keep up the good work and hopefully there is an update in the near future!
Kein Sylvan chapter 17 . 2/26/2014
Hahahaha, I love so much Elena. In a matter of fact, she helped giving a little shove to Makoto to just take James XD.

Oh, Makoto is so horny XD. In her point of view she is so nervous. For reading James point of view, I thoungh he maybe was just thinking something else and more simplier, I mean, women could think all of a drama, and men, can resume his thoughts iin one line XD.

Well, I'm not into lemon stories at all, but I guess that's a nice touch in this part. I won't miss it, thats for sure. I've already the follow notification. Good chapter. Makoto is so sweet.
B.B.Wolf1 chapter 17 . 2/26/2014
Love is in the air! I really liked the scene at the nightclub and seeing some of the characters hanging out together. I especially enjoyed the Adon and Juri bit, because, well, by now you probably know that I really dig those two. Loved the part between R. Mika and El Fuerte too!

I also really liked the part between Makoto, James and Elena. So Makoto’s a bit jealous, huh? It’s nice to see that Makoto and James confessed they like each other. Looking forward to what happens after that tasteful fade to black….
Guest chapter 15 . 1/20/2014
HAAAAAAAAA! Friggin Juggernaut! He doesn't quite fit with the story line except that he has been a fighting game character, but dammit if the laughs weren't good! Your cameos are good so far and the way you write gives the story a certain flow that works pretty well.
Kein Sylvan chapter 15 . 1/21/2014
I was like 'what?' on this chapter.
I mean, besides the what the hell is going on with Juggernaut, why is he talking like that and then one of the most powerful beings in the marvel universe is defeated by Dee Jay... just confused me a bit.
Then I googled it and found little about that but I guess I figured what happenwd in this chapter.
Well, as far as confused as I am now, I like this Juggwernaut, well, it disturbinly annoying, like Rufus, but likeable :P
Anyway, too good we saw more of Makoto and James (and everyones thoughts).
Kein Sylvan chapter 14 . 1/21/2014
I like how you tell the story and how you make every detail in the fight interesting and accurate. The only thing I disliked is that T. Hawk lost so easily ;O;
No diving Hawk?, No Mexican Typhoon? I know James is the sub protagonist here, but the likes of Hawk to be defeated that easily just breaks my soul.

Well,it's just that I'm a T. Hawk fan...
B.B.Wolf1 chapter 15 . 1/21/2014
I have to say that Makoto is very cute in her interaction with James. I liked the part where she pressed herself against him and the subsequent reactions of Koji, Ayako and Ryo to it quite a lot.

I also liked the fight between Dee Jay and this version of the Juggernaut (had to actually look up what My Way Entertainment was…). Dee Jay's all kinds of awesome in your story. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Fifty Foot Ant chapter 15 . 1/20/2014
Juggernaut? From the x-men?
Michael Rosen chapter 14 . 12/27/2013
*click* Noice
Jesstro chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
Dude! This is awesome writing, I definitely could imagine Makoto as she would be as a real life character. Great job.
Kein Sylvan chapter 12 . 12/13/2013
LOL.

It's like in some places, says men instinctively look for women with big hips for they bring em healthy kids. Maybe this is what happens to James XD.

Wow... Makoto has changed a bit. Go Makoto! It's so Makoto to give the first strike, or here... the first move
Kein Sylvan chapter 11 . 12/13/2013
Don't blame James for distracting for Mika looks. Hope you didn't get jelous XD. Another good fight. Too good James overcome his weakness and turned Mika into submission. I saw the link you provided. Looks Painful. That fight between those 2 female wrestlers, who are they?