Reviews for Straw Man
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
...dear lord.

This feels like something of a deconstruction of Swinging Pendulum and such. (Because really, what use would something ancient and other have for a child, no matter how powerful?)
laughingspider chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
I just found this story. May I say, WOW! Totally twisted and totally amazing. I'm really looking forward to going through everything else you've written. :-)

Thanks!

Shawn
skepsis66 chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
Wow, there's an amazing sense of gravity that starts to weigh ever heavier as your story progresses. Loved it!
UNTensaZangetsu chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
This is a really awesome story with the whole thing being like one huge sucker punch to the gut.

I really loved how Ichigo grew, broke down, and eventually grew apathetic. The reader can really empathize with Ichigo’s suffering and he spirals further and further down.

Ichigo becoming the Spirit King at the end was a nice touch and it was made even more horrifying by the implication that the Spirit King also went through this and that Ichigo may eventually end up having to do this to someone else to make them his replacement so he can finally rest.

This story works very well on its own as an one shot. However, I would really love it if you could create a full story out of this. It would be great to read the details of the various fights and events that were described here. It would also be great to see the point of view of the other characters during these time loops as well. Finally, it would be really interesting to see what happens with Ichigo as the Spirit King – what Ichigo does and how everyone reacts to the new king.

Please, please, can you make a full story of this?
calypso tchaka chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Really a depressing story, but what's not to like. I liked how he "grew" - -I suppose you could say. It really must be incredibly lonely and aching, and then probably just a feeling of numbness. Would it be better to feel this apathy if you are a ruler? I liked the concept as a one shot. Thank you. :)
Titiaredhead chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
THIS is reeeeally good! :3
Galaxia chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Damn, this is one hell of a emotional sucker punch. Time travel gone wrong? No, it's time travel gone so badly off the rails the end result is almost unrecognizable from the beginning situation. Just as you think it cannot get worse, the next timeline repeat ruthlessly stomps that naive hope into the ground. Even as Ichigo figures out how to defeats his enemies by breaking the pattern, the very pattern he breaks causes him to lose the original reasons he fought for. And the end of all things, he stands alone on the throne, without a single person to call family, friend, love or ally. For Ichigo, who is driven by the will to protect, what fate could possibly be worse than this?

So much more horrifying is the implication by the spirit king that *this* was the best he could do. That he too had gone through something similar to Ichigo's timeline loop, losing all connections to the world he now rules in an attempt to save it. How is Ichigo supposed to do better? Ichigo thought he'd lived through hell, but what is his new crown but a new form of hell?

This is a brilliant one shot which stands alone very well. There are hints of other stories buried within, like what Ichigo's nakama are thinking when they fight him, how the relationships with Byakuya, Lisa and Ulquiorra happen, and why Ichigo ended up fighting Unohana. But, those stories and explanations are not necessary; sometimes backstory is better hinted at than fully explained.
KPheonix chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
In summary, It's lonely at the top, and the Spriti King needed someone to understand. As he shuffles off to his eternal rest (finally he thinks), Ichigo is there to replace him. How long until Ichigo does the same to another poor schmuk. In fact, how long has this process been happening. Really bleak future there.
BukkakeNoJutsu chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
Wow what an ending
Guest chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
OMG do you have a sequel? I certainly hope so. If not, please write one

I loved this story, very good job. Poor Ichigo.
irezel chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
wow...very sad...:(
Mugen23 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Great one-shot! I would love to see everyone's reaction to the new king.
FantasyFreakLover chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Ok. Wow. I really don't know what to say, other than that was...amazing. I loved it, though it was just a little disturbing. Great work!
chrnno chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Perhaps it is just because I haven't kept up with the manga(dropped it somewhere during the fullbringer arc) but the end caught me completely by surprise well done.

More importantly I like how you portrayed Ichigo through his time travel, I can even see the path spiralling down faster and faster...
Nessule chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
OH MY GOD. Please, please, PLEASE turn this into a long story? I love time-travel fics, but this is such a unique spin to it. I would love the chance to read in more detail the process of Ichigo going through all his "lives" and of course what happens after he replaces the king. OMG. This was so good!
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »