Reviews for Mother
Tojin chapter 1 . 2/16
Wow, great story! Your writing is great, and the ending actually made me tear up a bit. Well done. )
Thomas chapter 1 . 2/16
I... I don't... There are no words to describe how this makes me feel. I just... Thank you for writing this. That's it. Just... Thank you.
Chopped Bread chapter 1 . 1/4
Hello.

I like simple words, simple phrases that carry a lot of weight. The idea that saying very little can mean so much has always fascinated me, and I love reading stories that manage to convey deep emotions and themes through 'normal' language.

This is one of those stories.

Your clever use of parallel situations, repetition, and flashbacks really build this story well, and make it extremely interesting to read. Combine that with the fact it gives closure to Thomas Was Alone - my favorite video game short story - and you've built an incredible story.

Thomas sounded a bit different here than he does in my head, I don't know... He's older and wiser here, but he feels tired. He's not the same as mine, but his voice fit him perfectly.

I also liked meeting Mary... Hm. Mary. Mother of Thomas, who gave his life to save AI's. I see what you did there. By the end of the story I could hear her too, which made her final bits of dialogue with Thomas at the end that much more meaningful.

I really liked this one-shot, and I think I'll hop over and read some of the other stories at some point in the near future. Be prepared for long-winded reviews!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
Okay, wow. That was beautiful.
ratchetthe1s chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
This is good, love what you added to the story!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
the feels.
Kendoka Girl chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
I read about the whole thing before I realized is was not ME. But this is a deep and engrossing story, full of emotion. The interplay between Thomas and Mary was riveting and showed a great sense of humanity. I enjoyed how the conflict was in the background of the story and how you fed it to the reader just enough to give context, but not overwhelm the interplay.

Just one note - I believe it is "plane" of existence and not "plain".
Kimminerd chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
l love you so much for writing I love Thomas was alone