Reviews for Recovery
Elsie girl chapter 4 . 1/9
Oh no! Imagine my disappointment to get to this having discovered your story later. If ever you do happen to log in and see these reviews, I hope you consider picking this bask up. This story is exactly what I and probably loads of other Broadchurch fans were looking for and it has real potential. There just aren't enough! As a writer, I think you are at very interesting place. You can really carry a plot (most people cannot), are good at physical description, and seem to make few errors. Clearly, you're not new to the game. I do think certain directions could take from strong to superb, but that's just my opinion. Do consider revisiting this. I'd love to read it. May check out some of your other stories.
-Elsie
Elsie girl chapter 3 . 1/9
Surprisingly, I like that happened quickly. The way you started the chapter- which was a real attention grabber btw!- made it so realistic. Their interactions were still very believable, but having that gnawing at him, it made more sense for him to make his move than draw it out pretending not to be attracted to her. It's not as if he's confessing his undying love or anything, so I found myself pleasantly surprised by the realism and excited about the pace. I don't know if this was intentional or just came out as good writing, but the murder plot suddenly and unexpectedly picked up in speed around the same time with the second murder-parallels. Delightful.
Elsie girl chapter 2 . 1/9
I quite like this idea. It's good that you have an OC for him to fall for AND a murder mystery going. The pace to both is also nice and gradual. The strongest part of the writing here was your description of the Clara. Very good and very well placed. I've also noticed few errors-well done and refreshing to see.
It may be helpful to know that this can be very confusing to read, though. Sometimes the dialogue is confusing because you will put no indicator behind the quote (that's okay by itself) but then put a sentence of what the other person is doing next to someone else's words. I get it, but have to pause and re-read it. Spacing matters. It also jumps from scene to scene without telling me, so I don't know what to picture or who is speaking until I've read a little while, like at the end where it happens twice. Since you are so good a physical description, you could try describing more of the physical action or using page breaks or introductory phrases to indicate a change in scene. These types of things are hard to catch as the writer since we know what to picture. I really am enjoying it, but I think you would engage us even more if it were clearer.
Happy writing!
Bilbo Baggins Is My Hobbit chapter 6 . 4/2/2014
Ugh this was awesome.
Bilbo Baggins Is My Hobbit chapter 5 . 4/2/2014
I loved this
Bilbo Baggins Is My Hobbit chapter 4 . 4/2/2014
awww
Tinymentbien chapter 3 . 3/30/2014
Oh my god. You have to update this. Or I'll find you and I'll force you to do it. x)
No really, please, it's very good :)))
DTfan10 chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
Are you going to keep writing? I love it so much! I really enjoy Alec being so shy and unsure of himself. So cute. Thanks for writing this! You've done such a good job at bringing in a different sister and giving Alec something to be happy about.
babydake93 chapter 3 . 12/27/2013
Really loving your story so far please update soon x
gmmig chapter 3 . 11/22/2013
update please
Mary chapter 3 . 9/19/2013
Oh, I like it very much. It is lovely, "so high school"...
When are you going to update? Please...
Bilbo Baggins Is My Hobbit chapter 3 . 9/14/2013
cant wait for more :3
Bilbo Baggins Is My Hobbit chapter 2 . 9/14/2013
hehe i do love this
sonotalady chapter 3 . 9/7/2013
Really amusing chapter, I love it! Please update soon:)