Reviews for Sword and Shield
I sobbed.
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Great fic
Aranel Mereneth chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
This is so beautiful and sad and heartbreaking thanks for making me cry.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
Hooomigosh wow. Love this!
starkobsessed247 chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
I think its safe to say that I went through all the steps of mourning in this. I felt Thorin's denial and then his and Fili's anger along with a few shakes of the head from me where I (yet again) wished that the book didn't end like this. And then I cried when Thorins acceptance came. This, like all your other pieces was magnificent, well done. You can sleep well knowing that you are wonderful. I love how you get into their heads and I've never thoughy that Thorin could regret his quest but it seems blatantly obvious that guilt would come with his and his nephews' death. This is utterly fantastic and I, for one, will read any other one-shots you post. Thank you for that wonderful trip inside the Durins' head. I couldn't have got it quite the same anywhere else.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
You painted this scene beautifully (if such a word can be used to describe such tragedy). To be the cause of his beloved nephews dying... I can only imagine what Thorin feels...
MagicMoonyx chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
I'm not crying. Who would cry at this? I mean, I only listened to a sad song when I read the last part, not sad at all... right?
Okay, I'm crying. Everyone would cry at this! Unless you don't have a heart. I doubt you have a heart, thought. You meanie! Okay, kidding. I love you. But I am crying.
So... thank you! and why? Why?
TolkienGirl052 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Darn it! I wasn't supposed to cry until the movie! :'(
JohnGilbertVampirehunter chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Good job. I can only hope that part 3 is as good.
Arlothia chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Why? Why did you do this to me?
This just broke my heart! I'm literally crying! Tears are streaming down my face all because of these three fictional characters! How?! WHY?!
I was actually really able to connect to this piece becuase of that one line: "and he would never again hear Kíli's voice, and he couldn't live without his little brother..." I feel this way about my sister and I can't imagine a world without her. She is the Fili to my Kili and reading things like this always makes me think about how I can't live without her.
This was uterly beautiful and if PJ doesn't make something half this good then he's not worth his salt! December 2014 is going to kill me!

Keep it up!
Arlothia
emmabeesamuel chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
SO SAD! I cried so hard... still am! Your one shots are so good, I was really impressed. Freaked out when I saw you had written another story! :D
-UE
ilovevollyball chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
hi! I'm Ilovevollyball's other half. I'm writing this review for her becuase she has just died of a heartattack .
happy?
she said that there is no way to describe how horribley wonderful this is.
even though I'm not dead, (yet) this has not left me uneffected, at. all.
and to desribe my feelings well...
you have just chopped my heart up into little peices and fed it to a warg.
you have just skinned and sliced my heart and put it into a stew for trolls.
you have just burned my heart and thrown it into the ocean to drown.
you have just crushed my heart with a boulder.
happy?

great job. *sniff*
world-classgeek chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
*bawling* this is the reason I an dreading the third movie! *wail* Fili and Kili and Thorin are all gonna die... If they do it right. I don't want them to die, but I want the movie to follow the book!
seriously though, you made me cry...
good job!