Reviews for Reboot
mumphie chapter 16 . 14h
Thank you for Sev's expletive being 'crap'. So much better than in so many stories. ;)
Kai chapter 25 . 7/3
Previous review entered before I was done...

- Why are the Wizarding oaths punctuated with Expecto Patronum? It's not a Light-only spell, it's a Defensive one that requires a great deal of power, will, and a happy memory. A strong, Dark wizard could probably pull one off so it's odd to use it like an exclamation point at the end of an oath.
- I enjoyed the extended epilogue, it's nice to get a general view of how the characters used their second take at life. That said, why was there so much focus on Hermione redecorating? I'm going to meme here, but the mention of decals was way too high!
- Hermione was really OOC. She was still quite bright (academically and with spell creation throughout), but from the get-go in S-H's office, she was in Harry's lap or crawling all over him. Kept thinking she was channeling that cat animagus too well.
- Speaking of animagus... Do the patronuses (sp?) always mirror the animagus (animagi?)? I think Minerva and Sirius both had matching ones but wasn't sure if that was standard.
- Cho's mini character arc was really silly. Why would it occur to no a wizard to physically try to fight someone when they've got a perfectly good wand handy? There was no indication that she was a physical bully to Luna either so her morphing into a jealous attack ram came out of nowhere.

Ok, I'm done rambling. I did enjoy the tale overall. It was a unique twist on an oft-abused trope that featured a decent plot and a good range of original characters. You came up with great - and usually well deserved (Umbridge!) - endings for all of them, too.
Kai chapter 25 . 7/3
I like the idea - returning to the past to correct wrongs - and I appreciate your take on this common trope. That said, there were a few things I found weird... Why are the wizard oaths described
Hawke Nightblade chapter 16 . 6/27
You could have called hermione’s spell caecos which according to google translate means sightless eyes.
Carolyn Ohlmann chapter 25 . 6/19
One of my all-time favorites! Thank you for writing this!
delmar.alani chapter 25 . 6/21
great story! didn't really bother with the epilogue, but the rest was wonderful
deathelk chapter 25 . 6/19
this was so good. thank you.
Wyrmridr chapter 25 . 6/17
Damn fine read. Thank you for writing it!
Rafsolo chapter 10 . 6/13
the scene with all the babies made me smile. good job. Hermione's exit from that scene was funny and cute
cagzclarine chapter 25 . 6/10
Assurément un gros travail d'écriture. Merci !
Globalement, j'ai beaucoup aimé votre histoire mais il m'a manqué ce supplément d'âme qui fait qu'on vibre avec les personnages, qu'on suspend sa respiration à ce qui pourrait leur arriver, qu'on pleure et qu'on rit avec eux... Là, rien : c'est magistralement écrit mais, en ce qui me concerne, l'émotion ne passe pas et je suis restée détachée, comme de l'autre côté de la vitre. Peut-être le manque de suspens joue-t-il aussi ; tout se déroule trop sur des roulettes (à mon goût), et la connaissance qu'ont Severus, Hermione et Harry de leur vie antérieure empêche in fine toute surprise : on sait qu'ils vont tout arranger (et réussir) pour le mieux et certes, les quelques péripéties restantes sont là pour montrer que tout ne leur est pas donné, mais cela m'a paru assez artificiel.
sunshine.katz chapter 19 . 6/6
Hermione's Patronus and Animagus form is perfect!
sunshine.katz chapter 11 . 6/5
Ooh. I now see why it had to be Susan. Great tie-in to the Discworld canon!
sunshine.katz chapter 10 . 6/5
Very much enjoying your reboot (though I'm not sure about Susan S-H at this stage - but will see how she's utilised further on!) Sev tried his hardest but James - and Lily since she didn't stop him - was just too stubborn. Each Peach Pear Plum is a brilliant kids' book and of course Hermione would love it :)
PascalDragon chapter 25 . 5/31
This was a great story and I loved what you had done with the idea to send not only Harry and Hermione, but also Severus back to earlier parts of their lives.
So thank you for writing this and seeing it through to the end. :D
today's sentence of the day comes frommmmmm SEVERUS SNAPE!
1,831 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »