Reviews for 108 to the Power of 108
AngryNazar-correction chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Correction: it's not 3e19, it's 3e16 (which is even smaller). For all what's worth, at the rate one death per second I mentioned on my first, signed review, assuming that the end of the universe scenarios affect Gensokyo as well, by the time the end of the universe came, they have yet to get rid of one percent of Eirin's huge number.
Goldstein-Izayoi chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Yeah, if the Hourai Elixir grants you that many resurrections, you're effectively immortal.

For a clue of how much 108108 truly is, for fellow reviewer (I trust the script's author knew how much is it about), if they somehow can kill each other once a second 24/7/365, after a billion years Kaguya've mentioned, they have used ... oh, about 3e19 (hopefully correct to one significant figure; for those unfamiliar with the notation, it means 3 times 10 to the 19th power) resurrections. A lot? Absolutely. Yet it can't hold a candle to Eirin's big number. It's nowhere near one percent of the number. Get rid of 4e217 resurrections, and THAT is one percent.

In the other side of the story, does the elixir prevent aging? I mean, either immortals doesn't look much older than our top protagonists despite the age gap.
Sonanoka21093 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
That was kinda cute, honestly. A sick sort of cute, but cute none the less. That was... a surprisingly creative premise. I never actually expected such a theme from anyone, let alone you - not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I mean that as a neutral statement, really. No good, nor bad, in those words. It's been some time since I last saw you write anything. I missed you, you know. You shouldn't make your fans miss you. ...Then again, I suppose I'm a hypocrite, as I abandoned my fans for months at a time at one point. Was it three months I had vanished for? I'm not sure, in all honesty. ...Sorry about that, I just kinda went on a spiel there, didn't I? One that should have little to do with you, besides the message that you shouldn't abandon your fans. But who am I to- Wait, I said something like that already, didn't I? Not quite like it, but not unlike it, it was... This has been my longest review given in some time, and yet what exactly am I saying? I'm just blathering on to you about things that you probably already realize to some extent... Sorry about that. I just kinda said things I should say to myself to you, and that was rather uncalled for. Anywho, I quite enjoyed that little story! Keep up the good work with churning them out! And if I was wrong, and you have been writing but I simply missed that? I'm sorry. I have memory issues, so I'm not perfect.
Psykoakuma chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Enjoyed the story.
Good characterization and all that. Bit of a dark speculation. Perhaps rooted too heavily in current scientific understanding of things and it assumes magic as governed by natural forces. Still, not inappropriate given the model is reasonable and provides an anticipated outcome.