Reviews for Ashes
Joebug chapter 1 . 2/15/2017
Good. Really. That is acually the way veterans wright war to be (I've red a few biographies)
Sergeant Sargent II chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
Damn...

this is powerful. everything was beautifully written and very well tied together. it painted a perfect picture.

i love the cat.

-Sarge
Cutthroat Drummer chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
You did an amazing job doing this. I'm impressed. You should do more of this.
There were a couple errors, but screw those-you should be proud of this.
The way you described the battlefield was spot-on; reminds me of the Civil War. War is not a pretty sight.
Well, overall, I almost cried when I read this-it was beautiful.
This is going in my favorites.
Have a great day and keep on writing!
Cutthroat Drummer
Quaver Ava chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I don't remember ever reading this but damn it was good. I love it when people make little fics like that after a battle or something to show the horrors of war. There are no good and evil sides in a actual war, every side fighting for even the smallest cause and hope of something. Sometimes that cause might be stupid to us, but to the other side it's all the world.

Great fic here Ferret, glad to be getting back into the game. I'll stick around for a few months now before taking my next giant hiatus. Goodness, how many months was that? Four, five? Six? O.o (laughs) I dunno, but I'm back for now man, and it feels good.

Another thing to say about this lovely fic is the lack of anyone talking and the detail alone. God, I know I've stressed that on you man, and look where's its gotten you. Even though its a short one-shot it was a wonderfully written one at that. Did anyone help you? I'd like to think you got this all down by yourself. :P

I did enjoy how you transferred from one deceased to another, using their deaths to explain a little of who they used to be. The last part with the bow was very touching and from a normal woodlander's point of view is exactly how things would go down. Reminds me of how Redwall was like in the first book where Cluny /did/ draft near by vermin settlements into the throw of his mad desire for Redwall. Shame in the end that it just got everyone killed... As it did here. There's a pattern, don't you see, and it'll never end so long as life lives. Sadness...

OK, with this darker and glum thoughts I'll end my review of your fic here. Lovely done once again and I enjoyed the writing very much. YOu're at that point where confidence and loyalty are your best friends when writing a story.

Quaver Ava
The Universe Within chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
This was beautiful and held a strong message.
Crystal Silvera chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Amazing! 8D One of the best one-shots I've ever read, and probably the best Redwall fanfic I've come across! Will be going into my favorites!

Very deep, just the kind of stuff I like to read. :D I loved the little details about individual creatures' lives! So I'm not the only writer who actually has a theme and a message in my stories . . .

Keep up the great work! :D
Silenthunder chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
This collection of memories within one scene of death shows the feelings of those who we thought could never feel, the ambition of both vermin and goodbeast, and the true, blunt point that there is no good or evil side to a battle, but merely those who want to get the battle over with and to live. Well done.
Anne O'Nimmous chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
... Wow. That was beautiful. You're really eloquent, and this story is... simply amazing. Thank you for writing it.
Lustig Morder chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Holy f*cking sh*t! (Sorry, Kegs doesn't like typing out curse words cause he's a prick.)

Anyway, where the hell has this ferretWARLORD been! Great job woozle. Holy damn!

Keep up this writing and... well I got nothing to finish that sentence so just keep writin good, k?
Nashog chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
This was a great story ferret and maybe you should try continuing it
Lord Vrel chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Excellent. Thoughtful and touching... I'm surprised.
Thomas the Traveler chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Excellent description. It portrayed a seriousness that made the scene more realistic, making itthis one of the best after battle depictions I have ever heard. Great work. Good night.