Reviews for Pilgrimage
Juddysbuddy chapter 8 . 19h
I'm so glad that you continued this story. I really loved learning T'Pel's thoughts and reactions about Tuvok's disappearance and return. I especially enjoyed the discussion after they reunited. Tuvok had a lot of bad experiences that could have contributed to his illness, including the TBI in "Riddles" and the brainwashing in "Workforce". I loved T'Pel's interaction with Tom. Great story - thank you for sharing!
tmtcltb chapter 8 . 4/29
This was a really lovely story a thank you for sharing it with us! It was nice to see the other side of things, as much has weekend anyway and get a glimpse the future. I really enjoyed the way you wrote T'Pel and turned her into much more than a shadow of a character.
tmtcltb chapter 7 . 4/29
T'Pel is very perceptive, although she does have the benefit knowing Tuvok's thoughts and memories and feelings about these people. I do think that he will struggle with being away from them more than he expects, similar to the way he misses Neelix despite not being a fan over the seven years they spent together.
tmtcltb chapter 6 . 4/29
Absolutely perfect reunion. The humor that you've brought into this story is a very nice touch and somewhat unexpected given that the focus is a Vulcan. Very subtle and nicely written.
tmtcltb chapter 5 . 4/29
What a terrifying moment to have Tuvok return and then learn that he was suffering from brain damage! The humor with the doctor was perfectly written and I really enjoyed the parallel you created between cultures when you mentioned the bond between fathers and daughters. As different as these cultures are, there is much that's the same.
tmtcltb chapter 3 . 4/29
Seeing T'Pel as a mother was nice, and the research she was working on interesting. Nice chapter.
tmtcltb chapter 2 . 4/29
I have to say that I had never considered this perspective. As much as communication opened up, the limitations on that communication would have meant that very little of a serious nature would be discussed, especially since other eyes would almost certainly be on all communications. Once the initial joy of learning that Tuvok had survived (and the confidence of learning that she was right to hope) passed, I imagine there are many days when questions like this would appear, or T'Pel would think of all the small but important things that happened over the past seven years that Tuvok was unaware of.
tmtcltb chapter 1 . 4/29
Although I watched Deep Space Nine sporadically, I am nowhere near as familiar with it as I am with Voyager. That said, I adored this story! The bond between Tuvok and T'Pel was so nicely set put without feeling out if sync with Tuvok and what we know of Vulcans generally. The humor at the beginning of wuth T'Pel's children telling her that she was being overly emotional was perfect.
framework4 chapter 1 . 4/16
Nice tale, please consider adding another chapter, after Voyager returns.
Luna12 chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
Well written! Please keep writing future endeavors.
Doralyse chapter 1 . 10/19/2016
I really appreciated this very unique perspective of characters from our ST universe. Thank you for imagining this version of T'Pel.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Excellent
TLWtlw chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
It should have won.
The Cheshire Cheese chapter 1 . 10/10/2015
I feel all kinds of idiotic for not having read this story sooner. I've seen it up here for a while, and for some reason, only decided to read it now.

This was so fantastically written. High-quality fanfiction as I would call it- meaning, this reads like a published story, and is far more interesting and fulfilling than most published "Star Trek" works. This scenario is now my head-canon.

It was gut-wrenching, to read about the Voyager crew as if they were all dead, and so uplifting at the end, when Sisko realized they might not be. You wrote him and T'Pel and all the other characters amazingly. I was amused by Jake being stunned by T'Pel's beauty, and Odo's grouchy irritation with Vulcans.

Finally, the Mirror Universe references! I love when fanfics tie in specific episodes, and I also think it was a great way to explore what possibilities those back home might be pondering for Voyager's fate. Given Sisko's experience, and the only place he's seen Tuvok, it stands to reason that the Mirror Universe would be the first thing he would think of.

I'm now sad that Sisko never "lived" to see Voyager return. Though, he may already know, given that he's now a super-evolved being or whatever.

My one and only nitpick is that I don't know if T'Pel should be a grandmother at this point; however, Tuvok *learned* of his first grandchild in "Voyager's" forth season, but she could have been born any time after Voyager vanished, so I suppose it's very possible that T'Pel could be a new grandmother at the point of this story.

All in all, great work.
wesleyehowell chapter 1 . 4/2/2015
Excellent! Should have won!