Reviews for Rhyme of Another Autumn
Biting Fairy chapter 2 . 10/1/2013
3 3
Biting Fairy chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Why hasn't this got more chapters? It's brilliant so far! :D
Maxylicious chapter 10 . 10/1/2013
A very intriguing well written story, have yet to read anything fics quite like it...Great work :)
Celadonprisma chapter 10 . 9/30/2013
Great story, except for the epilogue. That was just BRILLIANT. I think that was the best ending to any story I've ever read. Just... WOW.
guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
does anyone care anymore that the surname of merlin is ambrosius? emyrs is a title
Merthur Dreamer chapter 10 . 9/21/2013
Oh MY HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THINGS FANTASTICLY MERCIFUL AND BEAUTIFUL AND CAPABLE OF... inspiring emotions and sensations sweet and tender with just a dash of tingling and nervous, excitable energy of the future...

This was absolutely gorgeous - I do not tell a lie.

Seriously - this prologue had my breath held and my eyes fixed to the words. They didn't seem like words to me - but keys of colour - they unlocked such vivid imagination in me - I saw EVERYTHING - the dazzles smells, the vibrant light, the sounds of many - just... I seriously felt like I was there.
Your writing also took an almost cinematic feel - no, I DID! They didn't seem like words to me - with such CLAUSE it was unravelling scenes within my mind and it was just incredibly stunning - JESUS CHIRST WOMAN! Seriously... *wide-eyes, agape smile* this was beautiful.
Never has magic seemed more joyous - and I say that with a true heart and sound judgement. I kid you not.
It was almost fairytale-like - I thought the opening scene was just amazing - amazing in the pace you chose and the structure of the writing - seriously - I tip my hat to you missy.
Merlin's incredible, he really is. I can tell this story will make me emotional - but when I was reading your Merlin - I imagined him to be the kind of child to play by the sea, because he likes the feel of the water; I imagined him looking out his window onto a forest, whether that be of trees or buildings, and just longing to explore it all. He seemed to me to be the kind of child just wishing to discover the world, loving every moment and every moment more. Oh! He seemed to take great joys in all colours, all sounds, and wish to break them down and see the core of them all. He seemed to me to want to touch the world with his bare hands and feel the magic of it all course through him. He seemed to me to be a very romantic figure, but with a horribly innocent and painfully realistic edge which made him appear like just that: a child with a heavy mind and an open heart. His powers also, oh Kit, what are you doing, I'm crying just now... Seriously, I don't know what it is, I think it's everything, but your writing inspires emotions of longing that every human feels - I believe - of dreaming to break chains and break though the water - of dreaming of skies blue and waters clear - of dreaming of fast-beating hearts and colourful promises. He's had many hardships, many guilts, yet still he wishes to see.
Your Arthur also... he did seem to me to be a most enigmatic little creature - and the moments in which Merlin met him, it not only bewildered me that Arthur would risk his life like that, but that he should react to Merlin's curious actions with such a concern and caring that was so very pure and distilled. His very description was touching, and I believe it was described through Merlin, how he thought of Arthur not only angelic, puzzling, curious in his own right. The train scene was so well done, SO well done. And how Arthur looked at Merlin with such a fond light, with Merlin's innocent confusion, it was so cute, but not cute as in fluffy bunnies - as in life-changing I actually wanted to aww cute.
And then, in waves of an oncoming storm, Arthur just showered Merlin in emotion. It was as if Merlin was transported to some sort of spiritual world when Arthur touched him - like a bubble filled with humid air, suppressed feelings he didn't know were there, then when Arthur goes, the bubble bursts, and so does Merlin's heart. And ARTHUR himself... oh what heavy thoughts are there in him. Then the ending - it was surprisingly powerful: powerful from the heavy, oh so heavy and real and true emotions, feelings showing... in such small, fragile bodies, bodies whose different parts are the same...
Beautiful, heart-warming, and soul-transporting...

Well... it seems there's also suspense in this too.
But it isn't - at the edge of my seat because the world could end and OH MY SHIT IS THAT A KNIFE IN HIS MASKED HAND?!
But the suspense of love - a quietly loud, subtle yet so obvious, intensity that runs through this story and your writing like a stream craving through a mountain pass... and at moments, I do say, it is chilling.
Again - it's hard to place normally, but the 3rd person characteristic which you've chosen allows an enchanting concept of 1st person detail yet still holds that storyteller emotion: the withholding of information, allowing a build-up and for the reader to think for themselves until the climax...
A hidden gift... It doesn't have the same ring to it does it? You try and make the reader relate to Merlin - he possesses something which, although seemingly good, must be concealed from other's eyes... and it hurts him. But he doesn't let it show, because he understands why, and proceeds to make everyday beautiful. But I believe a lot of that originates from his past - he knows the value of life now. So... that scar of guilt has bettered him in a sense, yes, but he seems incredibly sad in some of the motions he does.
For example, when he goes to visit Gaius, and the man is forlorn and a touch disconnected to him, going through a hard time, Merlin 'grew pensive' - and I believe he thought of Arthur; who he's been thinking about ever since that day; I believe he thought of Arthur and he meeting again, maybe looking after each other. Possibly, of course.
But then it was almost proved to me, later, as Merlin was looking through and at the box... it seemed to me then that his curious nature derives from a thirst from Arthur.
Anyways, more on that later. First there was the news... which just strengthened my opinion of Merlin being deeply sad. That flashback was intense, and I think he tries to master it downwards, however it always slips his grip, like a float on water as he tries to drown it.
Arthur's mother's died?
Oh what mirrors of pain Arthur must be feeling.
And then, now, that box.
I feel Merlin is curious, more than conventional means, because he feels, deep down, a need to be complete. He is alone in his flat, and lonely despite Gaius and friends... I think a part of him wishes for Arthur more each day, he just doesn't consciously realise it yet.
Poetry! Absolute Poetry!

This chapter was filled with detailed yet mysterious moments of fate and destiny. There was a mist of love, and everything was covered with a colour... shades of red and blue I felt - a hint of yellow here and there.
This chapter had a lot of brilliant lines in it - the type you quote in an English Literature exam to prove a point on love, nostalgia, acceptance and so forth.
'What might seem insignificant to one person might be vitally important to another'
How very enlightened! Not only is Merlin empathetic, but understanding, and I believe this from his past.
And while Merlin searched for the owner of the lunchbox... I think he was also searching for something else: let me explain...
I do now confirm my opinion of that Merlin is Alone and Lonely, however, he is of the disposition to try and conceal that, and drown out the pain with kindness, for while he is feeling happy, the sadness is overpowered... And with this philosophy, of course, Merlin being of a kind temperament too, he wishes to fill the world with sunshine, for sunshine sake, and to atone for his past sin, which I believe he feels it as such.
Now, in moments when Arthur is mentioned, or is seen but not seen, it excites strong, intense emotions in Merlin of dependence, and in these heartbeats we see a lost boy almost.
Incomplete. As it were.
While he was on the train, I thought of these lyrics:
It's so many miles and so long since I met you,
Don't even know what I'll find when I get to you,
But suddenly, now, I know where I belong,
It's many hundred miles, but I won't be long...
Merlin's just so longing, pining, in thought...
Anyways,
'"After countless years of experience, I know how to draw almost everyone now, from the details of their faces to the colour of the perfect landscape."

Merlin stood in awe and quickly moved forward to get a closer look at the wonderful painting. The Glass Man looked at him with a warm expression then went on to examine the image, looking around until his eyes rested on a particular spot.

"Almost…that is—with the exception of one," the elder finished shrewdly, placing a finger on a specific area on the canvas. Then he turned and walked to his study at the opposite side of the room.

At that moment, Merlin narrowed his eyes curiously at where The Glass Man had briefly pointed.'
It seemed to me that Merlin saw himself in the image...
NEW MOTIVE!
I think Merlin does what he does, from the goodness of his heart, but also because he feels like an outsider. His magic plays a heavy role in that, so to then allude to the idea that it belongs not to something, but to someone, I think Merlin was sincerely grateful.

And then the whole Edwin thing, which actually got me surprisingly emotional - it furthered how lost Merlin felt in his magic sense - he has all this power, such a great 'gift', yet he has no found purpose for it... so being honest and kind is a good release for it. It's what he wishes - to be accepted, trusted, and to heal.

Then Freya - placing Merlin on a high, only to come tumbling, free-falling, cart-wheeling down into a motion, an emotion, so basic, so simple, yet so complicated, yet so potent... in seeing the image of his recalled dreams of old before him...

IT'S SO SUBTLE AND INTENSE... BE STILL MY HEART! WEEP NO MORE ;) xx
...
So many songs came to mind in this chapter.
First things first though - I've had a really shitty day - one of those subconsciously horrible ones, so reading this really perked up my spirits, even if the ending was a bit ambiguous to make me want to just MAKE EVERYTHING RIGHT FOR THEM!
Anyways, the first scene made me feel a bit heartbroken of sorts. At first I thought that Merlin would jump at the idea of seeing Arthur again, maybe find out more about him and try to be friends, close th
alleygirl24 chapter 10 . 9/14/2013
That was absolutely BRILLIANT. Well done!
Midnight Phoenix chapter 5 . 8/28/2013
Very similar to the French movie, Amelie. But still interesting.
Kiki1770 chapter 10 . 8/8/2013
That was a lovely story! It was a bit difficult to understand at times, but I loved it nonetheless.
Magpie1600 chapter 10 . 8/6/2013
An absolute joy to read and wonderful to behold. Thankyou
Jace chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
I love it! There are really no words I can think of that describe it, except 1. . . . . . . . . . . . beautiful .
TidusGT chapter 10 . 8/4/2013