Reviews for Gym Class
Kayla2175 chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Opening: The opening was ok. It didn't quite draw me in but it was funny, what with Delly lunging at Peeta.

Ending: the ending was quite good. I liked how you tied gym class into the hunger games.

Spelling and grammar: unlike most stories I've read, you had rarely any spelling and grammar mistakes which makes it easier to read.

Enjoyment: I liked the story. It was very fun to ready it had an interesting setting and the way you talked about gym class and the hunger games was very cool.

Pace: the pace was good. It wasn't too fast or too slow.
turtledoves chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
I don't think I've ever read something that you've written before, and you're absolutely fantastic! I should've read your things earlier ;) You're great at dialogue and your descriptions; the story feels so real. And this oneshot in particular was really cute. I loved how you portrayed the characters in this particular scene and setting. And, ohgosh, the setting! You must have a strong sense of your headcanons to pull something like this off (:

Though, I do have a few issues. The first one being that your headcanon is so different from my headcanon that I was slightly peeved while reading this, but that's got nothing to do with your fabulous writing; it's just a warning in case my other issues are a little biased.

The way you wrote out [Mister] was kind of strange. Wouldn't [Mr.] be fine? And actually, his characterization confused me a little bit. He seemed friendly, but I don't know, kind of... unlikeable? Maybe that's just me. But also your symbolism. Man, you tied the Games and dodgeball together so well I almost couldn't believe it. It just seemed a little overdone in the first section.

Great job! ;D
li'l fat necrosis chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Did you know that I loved this one-shot? Like love it? I mean, it perfect, Gabbie! I don't see any spelling mistakes so good job on that! :D I love the fact that Peeta didn't try and get revenge, which in my mind made the story even better. ;) And the fact Delly turns into a bitch when she plays is awesome.

Good job.
AllegoriesInMediasRes chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Love, love, love this story! I like how you avoid focusing too much on the romance and more on other things- Peeta/Delly friendship, his game piece philosophy, his abuse. I found this story incredibly fluffy in some ways but also sad in others- his abuse, the way they become pieces in a game so easily, the way their games are contaminated by the Capitol, and Peeta's poignant unrequited love. But on a larger scale, I found the story heartbreaking in the way that it's so refreshingly *normal* to see these kids playing dodgeball in gym class yet there is also the unspoken knowledge that some of them are going to be Reaped and what is going to happen to our heroes in a few years.

On a completely unrelated note, I like how Peeta isn't a complete spineless wuss pining away over Katniss and swooning over the fact that she hit him in the face. He doesn't let her off for falling into the Games mentality, and when he does forgive her, it's as much about the fact that she is striving not to be a pawn of the Capitol as his undying love for her.

FuneralCricket
lydiamartins chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
argh gabbie you are a very nice writer and this is absolutely perfect, :) i thought that it was going to be really sad and depressing since i've been reading a lot of angst lately but argh FLUFFY FEELS LET MEE EMBRACE THE FLUFFINESS! everlark is really nice and i'm absolutely in love with this; /definitely faving! [This could be the chance for redemption but he doesn't want it.

It's just a game.] best line, :)

x clara
Thargelion chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
that reminded me of when i had to play dodgeball in gym class :D i really like this, the characters are like i imagine them to be. :)
bye123456789 chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
#sniffle
Aw, that was so cute!
I'm not quite sure if this counts as fluff but it gave me like fluffy feelings, so. And yeah, previous statement probably didn't make sense.
Okay, fluffy funny cute bits aside, I love how it still has those Hunger-Games undertones, with the dodgeball vs. Hunger Games references. And it's kind of sad, being unrequited love and all... but still hopeful, if that makes sense.
All in all, a really excellent piece of work! c:
Last note: Delly as a competitive witch. XD
team effort chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
At first I thought this was a real-world AU, but then I saw the line about President Snow. And before that I thought that it was going to be comedic (completely disregarding the genres listed) and then it turned out to be kind of bitter at the end (even though humor is actually a genre listed).
Overall, this was a really nice, sweet, kind of tragic fic, especially Peeta's line at the end. I don't know why I think it's sad, but... it just IS, y'know? Ah, Peeta. Taking a ball to the face can't be very comfortable, can it?
Ellenka chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Hot damn, this was some devastating fun. The parallel with the canon was just perfect in all aspects. *speechless applause*
ArrowAssassin chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
You should defiantly continue this story! It's really good!
ForFutureReference chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
An enjoyable story you have here. All in all a fun ride with undertones of relevant commentary on the "other" Games. Concurring with the other review that there's nice forshadowing with his last thoughts.

While I recognize the unfortunate implication of her transformation in the game, it's still funny to see friendly Delly go into "cutthroat bitch" mode.
It's nice in general to see an uncomplicated friendship from Peeta/Delly, especially with Delly's playful ribbing and (on a less cheery note) her concerns about Peeta's physical abuse (another relevant topic).

All in all, nice work.
Estoma chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
I'm so glad to see this one published after all the drafts. I think it paid off, and you've got a nicely polished, mature bit of writing. I like the foreshadowing to Peeta's opinion about being a piece in the games when he is reaped. It's interesting to see him developing the opinion here.

Really nice piece of work.

Cheers.