Reviews for To The Death
Mishelle20 chapter 16 . 6/8
Great story.
SeverusSnape'sLove chapter 16 . 6/20/2014
Interesting. Please update soon.
klu chapter 16 . 5/29/2014
The arrival of Cas and Kacey's being saved was obviously expected; Kacey's mom not so much. With Cas right there, I would think that even were the woman a demon, the fight or warning would be short-lived.

I would have liked to see a private moment where Dean and Kacey got to make their feelings known and have a brief heart-to-heart (because Dean's not one for big chick-flick moments) and maybe a hot kiss, at least.
klu chapter 15 . 5/20/2014
I think Dean admitting to Sam that he loves Kacey wasn't too far from his character, although his direct wording to his brother may have been more than Dean would have said, Dean's follow-up comment about it being the last thing he says to her, that was VERY Dean... Sam's reaction and Dean's blunt statement to Kacey did seem like him, though.
klu chapter 14 . 5/10/2014
That was so not what I expected in terms of Kacey's sacrificing herself. I didn't expect a spell that would kill her slowly, with her completing it just moments before they got there and her dying in Dean's arms, while Sam, Bobby and Ethan watch. Now they have to find a way to reverse it? Wow - I was just thinking that there would be a 'Dean gets to her before she completes the spell' kind of moment... You like to keep us guessing huh?
Kudos! Looking forward to more.
klu chapter 13 . 5/4/2014
Ethan has the ability to stop her... Just take the damn dagger and lock it and himself in the truck for Pete's sake... Or overpower her and tie her up... Don't just go along with her to this point... What gives?
Now Dean has something happening and someone is going to try and stop HIM from getting to her...
This story is compelling; looking forward to more. Thanks for writing.
klu chapter 12 . 3/18/2014
Kacey did not make a good decision here. I am not sure what she's planning to do, but going off on her own is not the right call; especially in the world of 'Supernatural', it never is.
I am glad that Dean doesn't know she's up to something or his head wouldn't be 'in the game' as they're off fighting at this battle.
I look forward to more; thanks for writing.
klu chapter 11 . 3/18/2014
I think that you did a good job of making Kacey seem very 'lost' here. She really feels so betrayed by both her parents and she doesn't trust herself or, more specifically, her ability to trust people who wont betray her. John isn't giving her any room to prove her worth him and she's doubting a way out for herself. You've done en excellent job of writing a character that I feel really protective of; I just want to give her a pep talk or something (and nut-punch her dad- and maybe John- on her behalf).
klu chapter 10 . 11/16/2013
I really like that Kacey asked Dean to go, but she should have also asked Sam directly. Sam would have gone without any delay. Even though it would have caused Dean some problems with John, he would have probably been happy to see Sam go with her.
good transitional chapter. I look forward to learning more about Kacey's relationship with her father.
klu chapter 9 . 11/8/2013
What a great reason to hate her mother! I did not see that coming. The demon making that deal with her mother... wow... It means the demons know she is important or they would not have wanted her in the first place... excellent plot twist and a good place to build a strong overlapping story arc.

to the reader it was clear that Dean wanting to come with her was not because of not trusting her, but wanting to protect her, he trusts her - both in general and trusts her to take care of herself. He just wants to protect her because he cares for her... That is something he'll have a hard time admitting, and you did a great job of him just letting it drop when she made the comment about trust. It was very 'Dean'... What a great job of making me go "dammit! just say you like her!" as I was reading...

way to go, can't wait to see what's next.
thanks for the shout out.
klu chapter 8 . 11/3/2013
Now I'm very intrigued as to what John has against Kacey's mother and if there's more to what she might have against all Haywoods, not just being mad at her mom for leaving her dad... please write more.

On a side note: You might want to consider using less exclamation points. They are really overdone here, making few points actually seem important. When every other sentence is 'exclaimed'. you end up with dialogue where nothing is actually 'exclaimed',,,
Be especially wary of this when the men are speaking, They are rarely so enthusiastic unless sh*t is hitting the fan or they're p*ssed and genuinely yelling at one another, so consider that as you write their dialogue.

Kacey is your own character, therefore, she may simply shout and be extremely bubbly, over-the-top enthusiastic to the point that every single statement is exclaimed like she's singing. As a reader, I can say if she's really that perky, she's the kind of character I would tire of... too darn perky at that rate; kind of like an overly enthusiastic TGI Friday's waiter who just keeps pushing more drinks and appetizers and desserts on you... But she's yours and you should write her exactly how you want... She has a lot of potential, but I just don't see her as a believable seasoned Hunter if she talks like a bubbly sorority girl! It's not what she says as much as how she says it! Note the irony, please (!).
tigereyekum chapter 8 . 11/2/2013
short chapter, but keep on writing
caz21 chapter 5 . 9/11/2013
Love it well done.
klu chapter 5 . 9/10/2013
great lead in to their next adventure. looking forward to more. Thanks for writing
klu chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
Good Chapter; well written and it was a good way to close the story arc on their first joint case.
Thanks for writing; keep going.