Reviews for No Impact, No Idea
Rex Minaku chapter 1 . 1/10/2018
I love this ship! Ashley and Miranda! Too hot!
galpinre chapter 8 . 1/6/2016
Love Miranda, didn't love bioware's Ash (I love your version though), and of course (how could anyone not) love your stories (thank you, thank you ) ... now I'm eagerly on to your next provided adventure!
total-rand0 chapter 3 . 9/18/2015
ji77er chapter 8 . 4/21/2015
Really good fic fleshing out the early relationship between Miranda and Ashley in your canon. I think the format of starting and ending the story with the emails was creative and set the tone nicely (besides being hilarious). You've crafted a perfect mix of humor, angst, romance and smut in this one, but that's to be expected having read your other works. Everything was well-balanced and not overpowering each other.

And not to mention a great pairing. For me, as much fun as the Jack/Miranda relationship can be, this one is more plausible. Ashley has a chip on her shoulder when it comes to all things Cerberus but I don't think it's as big as the boulder sitting on Jack's. That and despite being a grunt, she's still a bit brainy with her love of poetry. Jack is the type of girl who uses her head to smash beer cans. So unless you go for the 100% opposites attract mantra, this one is more likely to be a long-term relationship. Well done!
Spaar chapter 5 . 9/15/2014
Ya know, I'm not gunna say that I bought it, emotionally speaking, the emotional trains of thought didn't connect with me on this one, and it most definitely wouldn't have turned out the same way were it me in that situation but hey! that's the point of a story, after all. But for a chapter of trademarked sexi tymes, I think I can overlook it lol.
This pair is definitely carving out a little niche in my brain though, it's gotta be said. Perhaps still not as strong as Jack/Miri, but it's in the ballpark.
Spaar chapter 4 . 9/15/2014
Ah at last, something I don't know for lack of knowledge in terms of CoF. I'm confused as to what the Catalyst was that it could be stolen by Miranda from the cargo bay. Then apparently sent to Cerberus, after which point it was ascertained that Shep is the Catalyst? Me not know.

Either way, things suck for Ash right now. Like hardcore. Like Madball, Agnostic Front, Biohazard, Maximum Penalty, Sick of it All, Skarhead, Blood for Blood, Gallows hardcore. I suppose it was never really stated in canon whether or not you can reverse or cancel the effects of indoctrination. Secondarily, since it was apparently the Catalyst itself that 'made her do it' in the first place, now that Shep's the catalyst, would she be able to undo the effects on Miranda? You know, before she's goes off to die and nullify the reapers for good?
Spaar chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
Well... that was probably the most awkward way to end up at an, ultimately, fairly adorable state of affairs I've ever seen. Well done!

Props btw for using the word 'drunkard'
made me chuckle

also:
don't get dead. most romantic phrase ever.
ashley williams -2014

I'm going to go to sleep now before my grammar suffers any worse-ly than it already has. good lord im tired, but i dont want to stop reading :(
APrettyPossum chapter 8 . 6/17/2014
I love this. I love how it started, I love how it ended, I love the characterizations of Ashley and Miranda, and I love that I'm now a Mass Effect fan/shipper. Having only watched gameplay and never actually played, I'm only vaguely familiar with the plot and characters. This fic will definitely change my mind on that stance, and I'm certain I'll permanently wear Mir/Ash goggles regardless of how non-canon it is when I get around to playing the series.

Thank you for writing this, and please write more! I don't even care from what fandom!
Yuri-hime chapter 2 . 4/18/2014
Wow! What an interestingly fabulous new (to me :p) ME pairing I've stumbled across :D
RheasHelm chapter 8 . 2/28/2014
Sweet.
Your Ashley/Miranda pairing was quite unexpected in Catalyst, so it's nice of you to delve into this some more. I still can't quite see it happen, however, not with Ash, it's just so out of character, at least the initial steps. Was she that starved for human contact?
That blackmail scheme of Miranda's was priceless though.
Ash pleading with god while carrying Liara was hilarious, although I would not call sleeping with one woman "promiscuous" sex. It's just very very sinful.
You keep messing up your shes and hers: "Miranda almost smiled at the earnest expression on her young face." - Yes, context tells us that "her" must be Samantha, but still. :)
Zurrick chapter 8 . 2/27/2014
This story was very good but the one thing I'm not understanding is the fact that Miranda was indoctrinated. Was it the Catalyst that indoctrinated her or was it the reapers? If it was the reapers I understand why it stopped because you know there friken dead and all. But the catalyst was technically never alive and such. Reapers are the ascended species so... Yeah sorry for being like this. Very good story by the way though and I wish there were more stories with this pairing. I just think the relationship is friken hilarious because on Horizon if you look at Miranda there when she's like "typical alliance attitude" she is checking out Ashley (or Kaiden) depending on who you save in ME1 so it's funny and all. Especially because Ash hates Cerberus because there... Terrorists. Though they aren't so much terrorists as they are human supremacists. Once again very good story.
alexis payton chapter 8 . 2/25/2014
I love this pairing, wish there were more fics about them. Hint hint nudge nudge ;-)

Great story!
DKLC chapter 8 . 2/20/2014
I loved the way you finished it the way you started, with another hilarious exchange of messages.

I always headcanon that Miranda would end up in the Alliance somehow too. Cerberus is gone, and civilian life is just not for her.

I really, really enjoyed this. Not a pairing I ever would've thought of or gone searching for, but you made it work well.

Thank you for writing it!
DKLC chapter 7 . 2/20/2014
Chakwas banning Miranda from sex was hilarious.

I thought your characterisation of Ash was particularly strong in this chapter. She strikes me as someone who would become quite cruel in her grief.

Ashley being crazy and overtired was very funny. It was a nice opportunity to display a softer side of Miranda as well.
DKLC chapter 6 . 2/20/2014
Oh wow. Shepard and Miranda erm... "went there"? I didn't realise that! Liara would have been... unimpressed, I imagine.

Good capture of the realistic post-war landscape. Miranda and Ash's reunion was nice.