Reviews for No Impact, No Idea
DKLC chapter 5 . 2/19/2014
I really enjoyed the interaction between Miranda and Traynor in this chapter.

The scene between Ash and Miranda was lovely. Miranda battling both her emotional and physical fragility, and then finally giving up and slumping in a heap, only to have Ash there to break her fall. Very well done.

And whew! The sexytimes were, once again, decadent!
DKLC chapter 4 . 2/19/2014
Whew. Those were sexytimes indeed.

I'll admit, I haven't read the main fic, so the rest of this chapter was confusing as balls.

Vega's dead, Miranda is indoctrinated, and the Catalyst is nt the Citadel, but is something on board the Normandy? I think I might be up-to-date.
DKLC chapter 3 . 2/19/2014
Your take on Miranda as some sort of sexually frustrated deviant is interesting, amusing, and awesome, all in equal parts. She doesn't let you see much below the surface, so the idea that she's a predator sizing everyone up is just as valid a take as any I've seen to date. I love it!

I loved the flashback scene, it was so good! Ashley's temper flaring, and Miranda rising to the occasion. I can envision it in my mind's eye! I also think Miranda using and discarding people as sex objects (Jacob, for example) is very in character with her objectification issues.

"Of all the ways in which I could die, I was almost stabbed by a fucking sword." I don't know why, but this line just sat so well with me. The ridiculousness that someone would use a sword in the year 2186, combined with the unluckiness of Miranda in getting struck by it.

Ash was just great. Protective Ash, embarrassed Ash, flustered Ash, stubborn Ash, confused Ash, I loved them all!

I was sitting on the edge of my seat that Chakwas was going to walk in on that! Great chapter!
DKLC chapter 2 . 2/19/2014
Really interesting peek into Sanctuary from Miranda's POV. I liked your new take on it (no Oriana, Kai Leng killing Henry.)

Miranda riling up her father was delicious. I didn't think I could hate that man anymore, then he called Miranda a slut, and it went to a whole new level.

Shepard eyeballing Ash while she's looking after Miranda was too funny. Lots of awkward conversations to come, no doubt.
DKLC chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
I had this recommended to me a few weeks ago by the lovely wyles77, and have only just gotten around to it.

If I fail to review the rest of these chapters, please assume that I have simply died of a stroke brought on by the combined awesomeness of this coupling, not that I've lost interest. These are two of my favourite Bioware babes, and seeing them shipped together is beyond amazing.

As to the content of this chapter. First of all, great start! The emails had me laughing out loud! Loved Ashley's potty mouth, I always suspected her of being much more coarse than the game was actually able to show.

Secondly, I love the premise of this, Ashley being (falsely) blackmailed into helping Miranda get in touch with Shepard. There aren't many other authentic feeling ways I could imagine these two having anything to do with each other, so well done.

Thirdly, your writing is great. It flows well, the characterisations are tight (and THANK YOU for not being one of the bajillion fanficcers to portray these two as bitches!), the dialogue flows well and there are no jarring grammatical errors.

Onward I go!
ctking78 chapter 8 . 1/31/2014
That was so awesome. I loved every bit of this. I am now going back to read the other fate stories, but may find it hard to not want to focus on Ash/M. Wish this wasn't over with just focusing on those two.

Either way this was great and your writing is amazing, keep up the great work.
Alpenwolf chapter 8 . 1/23/2014
Quite an interesting look into their relationship. Once again im saying Good work!
Alpenwolf chapter 7 . 1/23/2014
'Stims are only used as a large resort'? Shouldnt it be the last resort?
Nyan anon chapter 8 . 9/13/2013
Love your Ash/Miranda pairing. And every other. Just perfect story.
wyles77 chapter 8 . 9/15/2013
Hey Alcy,
great way to round off this part of Ash and M's story - nice cutback to the first chapter with the emails. Ash's insecurity about the pictures is very sweet, as is Miranda's admission that she made a mistake in not talking to Ash about her decision. Sets them up nicely for the development in AoF.
And as for sweetcheeks - you spoil me rotten ;o)

Great job pal, thanks for going to all the effort and sharing this!
JestaAOK11 chapter 8 . 9/14/2013
Fantastic.
BA Tanglepaw chapter 8 . 9/13/2013
Tremendously hot little side trip Alcy! Loved it. Looking forward to more of these two in AoF! Thanks for the story!
bluemarlin chapter 8 . 9/13/2013
Wonderful ending to this story. Looking forward to more in Architect of Fate.
sherryE chapter 8 . 9/13/2013
Hey Alcy, awesome story. Sorry to see it end, but glad your going to continue it in Architect of Fate. Miranda and Ashley's story beautifully done.
Corentin IV chapter 8 . 9/13/2013
An incredibly sweet, funny and surprisingly funny end to this wonderful companion story. I love your word choice in this chapter in so many ways - your characterisation of Ash as stoic, the clash of something smelling soft. All excellent and clearly very carefully selected. It bridges your two stories perfectly and convincingly. The pics and Miranda's matter of fact, grunt-like response made my crows feet crinkle. And I absolutely LOVE Carol Ann Duffy, so that's a win too! Thanks so much for sharing this, and in particular (from my own individual perspective) bringing out a softer and more patient, forgiving side to Ash that is clearly implicit, but rarely seen. Can't wait for the next installment of AoF!
83 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »