Reviews for Candle in the Dark
Blade8821 chapter 30 . 5/19
An excellent read, from start to finish. I cannot say enough good things about this story, and I've only one issue with it: Please try to separate different speakers into different paragraphs. Break up the dialogues between two or more characters, to keep from confusing us simple-minded folk.

And those of us with tiny computer screens and horrible eyesight.

Regardless, I cannot wait for the next chapter, and I truly hope you'll be willing to follow up with the story of the Jedi Exile Meetra Surik, in KOTOR 2.
Zexs chapter 30 . 4/18
I have no idea how this story has so little reviews but its the best KOTOR story i have ever come across. You might want to try re-posting in the main star wars category.
Finish this story soon...no, seriously
Shadowapple42 chapter 29 . 3/1
This is an amazing story that deserves a lot more attention than it gets. Good Star Wars fiction is hard to find, but this is one of them.
I wonder... Will you touch on the events of KOTOR II at all? I would love to see your novelisation of Kreia.
0118999881999119725.3 chapter 13 . 1/9
The way you've written the characters, HK especially, is so very satisfying to read. I loved how he spoke to Calo - genius.
WhoeveriAm chapter 29 . 1/1
An excellent, very well written story. Loved new chapter! You, my friend, are a very talented writer. This ranks up there in the top 10 best stories I've ever read on this site. The lack of (noticeable, to me at least) spelling and grammatical errors is a huge plus as well! Great work and keep it up!
Erak chapter 3 . 10/9/2014
Very nice writing, however Trask Ulgo is not Mandalorian. Ulgo is an Alderaanian noble house, not a Mandalorian Clan.
Raenyx chapter 27 . 10/3/2014
Wow, I have to say that this is the best KotOR fic that I have read in recent memory. The characterizations are pretty much spot on, the interactions between said characters are great, the OCs are surprisingly enjoyable, and your take on the KotOR storyline is really interesting and realistic. Revan is characterized especially well: the story clearly conveys that he is still "human" and has his faults like everyone else, for all of his power and intelligence. Also, your writing style is not flowery in a sense, but it still expressively presents the characters and subtly draws the reader in; I like it very much!

The only negatives I can see are the odd grammar mistakes here and there, the separation of the dialogue lines, and this current arc's pacing. I sometimes get confused when I read the next line of dialogue in the next paragraph only to realize that the same character is still speaking. As for this arc, I feel like a few parts (like the interactions before the first major engagement by the rakatans) needed to be a bit shorter to keep the story at a good pace. But all in all, nothing major detracts from the overall enjoyment.

Also, (and this is just me) I miss the bonds that were slowly forming and blossoming between the members of the Ebon Hawk's crew before Revan is "resurrected". Now that he's returned and become a leader reborn, there has been a distance or wall between them - which is understandable given the circumstances, but it still makes me almost wish he wasn't revealed as Revan. And good job with that! I haven't felt this emotionally invested with characters for a long time.

Anyway, really really awesome fic. You have earned yourself a fan, and I hope that I can see more from you to come!
carlitos1025 chapter 26 . 8/24/2014
Too many characters that I forget who is who... Lol it be better if I had read it all in one go enjoying the story a lot update soon. I enjoy your revan a lot!
anon chapter 26 . 8/17/2014
Good story so far it is a shame that more haven't reviewed it so keep up the good work.
Wargamer08 chapter 25 . 8/5/2014
This is pretty incredible. It's a crime that this story does not have more attention, because it's likely the best Star Wars story I've ever read.

As to the fact that you're fabricating, instead of adapting. The latest story arc has been the strongest one. The fact that it's separate from the base story lets you fit in a whole lot of interesting character development. It's great.

As to the Mando speak. I'm not having a problem with the context the words are used it, but perhaps a glossary at the bottom of the chapter, in an Author Note, if you feel the need.

Great story, going to recommend to some people. I look forward to reading more.
Creen chapter 25 . 8/5/2014
About the mando'a, should I keep providing translations right after it, or are the contextual clues around the sections enough? I'm just afraid of tripping up the flow/pacing of the sections, since a lot of it revolves around action sequences in this chapter.
exiled-druid chapter 24 . 6/13/2014
This fix has its ups and downs. Overall, its been enjoyable.
Alek chapter 24 . 5/27/2014
This is fantastic. I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to see how it ends!
DemonicK chapter 24 . 5/15/2014
Whoo, love it. Man, seeing how well you to do justice to the land (and even sea) battles makes me anticipate the upcoming space battle all the more... Great interplay between all of the characters. Excellent writing. Keep being amazing!