Reviews for A Light in the Darkness: Refracted
Cowboy-4-Christ chapter 21 . 11/3/2016
Last chapters CLIFFhanger, that was funny.
an old friend chapter 29 . 7/26/2015
Currently at chapter 29, and if you haven't ended this story by making sure that this blockheaded idiot of an English male has agreed to let himself be fixed, I'm going to be severely annoyed with you.
Hi. Its Hunted Daughter of a Ranger.
Miss mia chapter 18 . 6/6/2014
Love Peter's eloquence here (with a nod to the Bard of course!). Truly poetic.
Samuel La Flame chapter 33 . 1/30/2014
For future stories I would prefer Kat to be the main character. It just feels strange not to have her the main character and I miss her. No one else grabs me like Kat does. So please have her the main character for future stories.
dreaminsapphire chapter 33 . 1/19/2014
Yay! I love the cute little conversation about dates. Lol I'd almost forgotten about the wolf pups, that should make Ed's life plenty interesting. I like that Kat was a background character for this one, but I'm definitely up for more Kat centered awesomeness. I think that a mixture makes it more interesting. This has definitely been an adventure!
As always keep writing,
-Dream
dreaminsapphire chapter 32 . 1/19/2014
Okay, I couldn't not review. I love everything about this. The way you subtly built up Peter and Thalia's relationship at first as a minor plot point until they were courting until I found myself absolutely rooting for them and now even though it was marred slightly by Peter sticking his foot in his mouth they have this fitting engagement. I think it just works so perfectly. And then more Knock Out goodness. I love that Oreius does understand that Kat simply isn't ready just yet, but I think they're plan is absolutely adorable. Okay now on to the epilogue. This is one of my favorite chapters you have written in a while btw. Great job. -dream
dreaminsapphire chapter 29 . 1/19/2014
AHHHHHHHHHHH! I thought that Edmund might be the first to find out, just because he's the only one who wouldn't tell everyone whether by accident or not. So much fluffiness, and then back to Peter. Haha "I'm a noble nitwit." Nice. That's exciting though. Can't wait to see the conclusion of this, unfortunately it'll have to wait until I finish homework :P
dreaminsapphire chapter 24 . 1/18/2014
...This was weird. I get where your coming from and I do like the way it went as far as different things for Peter to be suffering, but it was weird none the less. Anyway I do hope they are getting through the Wilds soon, they have suffered so much already. I think that Peter is truly about to reach a breaking point if he's not careful, because while he still clings to Aslan's laws, at this point he doesn't seem to have much hope which is sadly realistic. Anyway good job.
dreaminsapphire chapter 23 . 1/15/2014
I cannot believe it's been two years! I like the way you play with such a small scene of Peter being asked to be the man of the family, and yet it is really an important moment. The way it becomes his consuming fear is so sad, but as the eldest son left with so much responsibility it is little wonder that Peter would be so haunted by this sense of failing his family.
-dream
dreaminsapphire chapter 20 . 1/15/2014
I knew the Queen of Angst would return! AHH! You are truly mean, and why! Okay okay moving on now...
dreaminsapphire chapter 19 . 1/15/2014
I am sure I'm headed into more drama simply based on the number of chapters left in this story. I think that the Shark almost let them go too easily although the duel itself was well-written and challenging. I think the Shark may have further plans. Anyway even if not there's bound to be at least a bit more drama before too long since you are forever Queen of the Angst. :)
MCH chapter 33 . 1/13/2014
I finally read the whole story, sorry your only getting one review. But I find powerful story's like this one I prefer to read in one go. Never very good with serious cliffhangers.

Anyway this story is well written and you really know your characters and show their weakness and strengths weaving them into your story. Love the ending with the engagement of Peter and his Flower after she'd told him off for not thinking she'd still have married him even if his legs hadn't healed. Peter can sometimes be a self sacrificing idiot.

Love the ending with Edmund and his new guards I can just see so much accidental trouble coming Edmund, Remus and Romulus. Peter must have had a brain storm well he'd just got engaged so he probably wasn't thinking straight when he agreed to give him his new guards.

Great story.
dreaminsapphire chapter 14 . 1/9/2014
Hello! I'm back again. I know that I still have a long way to go, so sorry this is so late. This story has gotten freaking dark. Anyway I think that the Shark is a weird villain, in that he is deeply psychopathic but he doesn't seem to have a reason, which makes him scary. I think that the way this story approaches being different from the others so far is good (as in it's not currently centered around Kat's past). Anyhow I think this is interesting and I can't wait to get to read more. I think you're doing really well with the writing though (as always)
-dream
Guest chapter 33 . 12/19/2013
Wow! I have not been able to review for a few days due to the fact that the monster RL crawled out of the closet I stuck him in and I've been trying to put him back. Since I don't have much time today either, I'll review all the latest chapters in one review.

Chapter 27: Yeah! Oreius and Peter are back!
Chapter 28: Peter, you have lost your mind (again). You need the cordial; you'll be bedridden for life otherwise! Edmund (my personal favorite character) totally rocked in this chapter, by the way.
Chapter 29: I thought the idea of Linus "chewing off his hooves" is rather amusing...and painful. This chapter was sweet and the end was priceless: I cannot wait for the scene in which Ed announces that he's known about Kat and Oreius's relationship all along
Chapter 30: I don't mind it being Thalia who ended up talking sense back into Peter; I was thinking it would be the General or Kat or Edmund or Susan or Lucy, but this works too. And everyone tangled in bed like kittens was cute, as was the fact that the girls were immune to the boys' antics even in sleep.
Chapter 31: I have to agree with Edmund here: Peter is being a bit of a baby here. But still, this was a sweet chapter. Are Edmund's socks really smelly? (Ick.)
Chapter 32: Sweet! Peter and Thalia are engaged and Kat and Oreius will announce their relationship after the wedding of the former two. And Peter ought to be careful about inviting Murphy's Law again. A lot can go wrong, mate, a lot can go wrong.
Chapter 33: It was great to see Ed complaining about mornings again (I missed that), and Peter is in so much trouble when Edmund finally gets around to getting revenge. I fell apart laughing, quite honestly.

This story was great (all the Biblical references were awesome), and I really look forward to seeing Edmund and Lucy's adventures in the Islands. Since we haven't been there yet, this will be interesting in many different ways. As for having Kat in future main stories, I think having a bit of both works perfectly. Having her out of the way of Murphy is safer, but court life can be dull, so maybe future stories could do both. I'm patiently and eagerly awaiting the new stories, so keep up the great work. Merry Christmas and God Bless!
Lady Hannah
quarterhorseranch chapter 33 . 12/19/2013
"Oh I suspect he's up by now and he'll have discovered my surprise for him." Oh, Peter, what did you do. XD ...And poor Edmund.

Actually, I missed Kat in the latter part of this story... More Kat! More Kat! More Kat! ... :D