Reviews for One day, you're innocent
electric gurrl chapter 1 . 10/10
The ending with Cinna was a beautiful twist on a heartbreaking story.
this was great, Estoma
Ibbonray chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
I liked these pieces- particularly Cashmere's and Mags'. Most don't peg Mags for a sex slave, even though it is perfectly plausible.
Your view on Caesar Flickerman was disturbing. Personally, I cannot imagine him so corrupt.
Great writing, all the way through.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
This is definitely interesting. I knew Finnick was forced into selling sex, but it does make sense for others to have been forced into it as well.

I think you handled this nicely. You keep it very clear that they all didn't want it; they didn't want to have sex with the people from the Capitol. And that's very important. It shows the true evils of the Capitol.

The fact that Gloss was willing to show Cashmere what it was like to have sex with someone they cared about is great. Because Gloss knew what it was like to have that innocence stolen from him. It just shows how much Gloss and Cashmere cared about one another, despite their coldness from the Games.

Johanna's was the worst. But it is very believable for her. She's a very strong-willed person and she wouldn't have taken to that very well. I wonder what type of punishment she endured for that.

I like the fact that Cinna didn't do anything with Finnick. I don't know why, but I did.

Overall, this was nicely done. Great job!
PrincessBlonde chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
I liked the end
RootsOfAHotelWindow chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
This was amazing. I love that you kept Cinna kind even though he got a little bit corrupt by asking for Finnick in the first place.
M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 6 . 12/25/2013
It makes me happy to see Cinna change his mind. I know what he was thinking, though. He was probably thinking that now he's at the Capitol and can pay for such things, why shouldn't he? But Cinna has a conscience and can see Finnick's pain.
M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 5 . 12/25/2013
That makes me want to punch that scum gamemaker. Mags is so pure and sweet. :(
M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 4 . 12/25/2013
Well damn. I read one of your other fics first and... that's not what I expected. Damn. That's all I can say.
M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 3 . 12/25/2013
Surprisingly, I had actually thought of something like this before. They always seemed so connected in the book, though we only caught snatches of them. And I could definitely see this happen. Especially in Panem. Who better to take care of you than your own kin?
M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 2 . 12/25/2013
This would definitely explain much of Johanna's bitterness. And it's interesting (yet horrifying) to see the victor experience. To see a glimpse of what their lives became after the Games.
M-dog14NCISgeek chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
What a little monster. Jeez.

Nice work though! I've never thought about Snow's family.
Loverofallthingsmusic chapter 6 . 12/14/2013
Wow! Very nice job!

I like the quote at the beginning: "Innocence is never given, it is always taken."

The last chapter with Cinna and Finnick is perfect :)
Johanna Odair chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
I love your story and I wanted to ask you something: Can I Translate it in German?
HybridsRose chapter 4 . 11/10/2013
Wow, for me it was so hard to imagine Caesar Flickerman this way before I read this chapter, especially in the positive light that Katniss describes him compared to the other capitol citizens, but than again. It was from her point of view, so it's not 100 percent, and other characters may feel differently about him.

I thought this chapter, was the perfect portrayal of that. Gloss' indifference and acceptance of Caesar Flickerman really showed the type of person he was, how his sadistic pleasure must've been so evident to Gloss that he's not really surprised Caesar is doing this to him.

The whole concept was really tragic, but really well written. You did a great job with this, especially the tone, which linked the reader to the character even more as it was in second person. Up until now, I thought second person was useless apart from these choose-your-own-adventure books, where you have to turn to a certain page based on your decision, but this chapter broke that stereotype for me. So, good job!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »