Reviews for The Silent Song
Fanfic Lurker chapter 19 . 4/15
I promised I wouldn't do this. "She's probably busy with school," I said. "After all you've been up to your ears in work," I said. "When she has some spare time again, she'll put up the next chapter, so don't be annoying and write a pestering review asking when there's going to be an update."
But right now I have eaten 28 sugar sticks. And I have nothing to do except work, but I don't wanna. And all my inhibitions took off on a lovely tropical cruise. So in this case: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US MORE SILENT SONG! THIS IS MY FAVORITE PROCRASTINATION MATERIAL AND I NEED MOAR!
Ahem. Thank you. Looking forward to chapter 20.
Anonymous Fellow chapter 8 . 4/2
...If I didn't know better, I could SWEAR you had Mace drop a Young Justice reference! Then again, since Asgard's here... ;)

Anyway, I'm very much enjoying what I'm reading so far. My guess for Obi-wan's muteness is that it's somehow related to possibly repressed psychological trauma (especially as this is AU).
MuggleCreator chapter 19 . 3/31
Ahhhhhh! I. Love. This.
Brilliant stuff, the story. And the past few chapters! Eep!
The emotional stuff is great. Especially Dooku.
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 19 . 3/31
... hello? We're still waiting on the next installment here... ;-P We're only pestering you because we love this story so much!
MuggleCreator chapter 13 . 3/31
Awwww. The last sentence was my favourite. The second-favourite was was Palpy took Maul in. All it took was a name...
MuggleCreator chapter 12 . 3/31
Should've known it was referring to Xanatos.
MuggleCreator chapter 11 . 3/31
Wow. I could *feel* that song... Beautiful.
martinannamartinanna chapter 19 . 3/25
Please update soon I am hanging on the end of my chair wondering what will happen next Pleasjpepoye please
kitkatritrat chapter 19 . 3/22
I really love this story. I love the concept of Obi-Wan's muteness being intentional, purposed by the Force. I look forward to reading future installments as you uncover that reason. I'm fascinated by the character of Huei Tori. He seems so easy to hate; he's aloof, apparently perfect, and cold. Yet he longs to have the connection to the Force that Obi-Wan does. And now he's blind. You have certainly incited my curiosity.
Laurelindorenan chapter 19 . 3/22
I absolutely love this story! Obi-Wan is so bright, so in tune with the force...It's beautiful. It reminds me of Christianity, a little, if you are familiar with the Christian doctrine of the Holy Spirit living within followers of God. I am really looking forward to updates; I especially look forward to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon hashing out Obi-Wan's escape. Also, poor Huei!
bdet chapter 19 . 3/14
loving it! keep it up!
Amazing! Please don't stop!
Starkaster chapter 8 . 3/7
I was really into this fic until you had Qui-Gon give a totally nonsensical lesson.

As far as I understand the situation, Obi-Wan wrote a report about a mission in which Qui-Gon participated. That report contained incomplete information, so the conclusions Obi-Wan came to (which Qui-Gon says agree with the lesson the Council wanted to impart by including the mission report in the archive in the first place) were erroneous because Obi-Wan lacked critical information that would have obviously changed his conclusions.

Then he tells Obi-Wan that he should learn a lesson from this and glosses over the entire encounter while Obi-Wan is in some sort of mysterious psychic shock.

But what is the lesson he was trying to impart? That the information in the archives is not to be trusted? That the Council regularly censors information to indoctrinate younglings more efficiently to their philosophy and Obi-Wan should be more cynical? That he should have verified his research with the unnamed Jedi Master involved before even writing the report - supposing he could? Qui-Gon ended the whole encounter without really saying anything about what Obi-Wan should have done differently. He basically sounded smug about being in the right about the effectiveness and necessity of aggressive negotiation in this specific instance, even though Obi-Wan couldn't possibly have come to a different conclusion without Qui-Gon's censored knowledge of the incident.

I mean, I've had terrible teachers before that I couldn't respect, but this kind of lesson really irritates me. And the worst part was that Obi-Wan didn't rise to the occasion and defend his position and the reasons for his initial conclusion. Since you've gone through so much effort praising Obi-Wan's intelligence and studious nature - this was all one big flop of characterization and story logic. This felt like a momentous occasion where their intellects and ideals would clash and it would be their first real test as master and padawan and then it just...ended. I read this whole chapter twice just to make sure, and I felt even more dissatisfied the second time around.

Whew! Okay. Vent, complete. Thanks for writing.
Fanfic Lurker chapter 19 . 3/6
I hope this one-chapter-a-month trend isn't going to be a regular thing. I've been trying to be patient, but I've finished my Fanfic Reading List and I can't afford to buy any more books till summer, so I need more Silent Song! Please? I miss Obi and Qui and Ezhno and all the rest of them.
AgentSandsLover20 chapter 19 . 2/27
Found this yesterday and I love it!

Can't wait for more!