Reviews for Truth Hurts
Blabidybloobidy chapter 1 . 5/9
Oh man, that was intense. My favorite part was when Cho finally gave Draco the reckoning that he was owed. It was ruthless. But something tells me that it wasn't entirely Cho who was saying this, if you know what I mean.
Philaria chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
This was honestly chilling and beautiful at the same time. I know this is old (published 12 years ago, oh my) but I thought I'd leave something here in case you happened to see it.

This story had the intense realism I've come /not/ to respect from Harry Potter fanfiction (because it's, after all, a children's story). It stunned me. That Cho could say something that honest and cruel, but still be a good person - that she treated Malfoy's feelings with such clinical precision - was such an interesting stance to take. The way you deal with character motivations so skillfully was amazing. Malfoy's development was also very realistic, and while I am a firm Dramione shipper and fan of fanon!Draco, in all honesty, the Draco of canon would only have been tolerable if something of this magnitude had happened. Both Hermione and Draco were in character, and while Cho was OOC (like you warned), I prefer this version to canon!Cho.

I really don't know what else to say at the moment, so I'll leave it at that.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
oo nice oo
JDominique37 chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
That was an excellent story. It was really amazing what you wrote; everythign was laid out so perfectly, it all just fell into place smooth as could be. You certainly have a talent for writing.

I, personally, liked your OOC Cho; it kind of fit her, in a different way, of course.

This was such a moving story: I've usually never really felt bad for Draco, but you just made me feel so sorry for him. And now I think I understand him more, all because of your beautiful writing. And I think you protray his character wonderfully, I can totally see all this happening in my mind. I liked how Hermione defended Draco, it definitely sounded like something she would do.

So, all in all, that was an absolutely brilliant story. It was sad, sweet, but had a very good moral to it. Congratulations!
talk-ape chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
interesting...lots of hints about home
Musette Fujiwara chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
I loved it...
DragonGirl323 chapter 1 . 8/2/2009
Absolutely loved it! The truth is an ugly thing indeed.

KJS X-OVER chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
I am at a loss for words... in a good way... It was heartbreaking to read how malfoy was told the truth about himself... I felt so bad forhim, but truly loved how hermione stood up for him. This is a great fanfic!
Muria chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
That's a unique view of what could've been... I almost wish it was cannon!

I like the way you have Draco and Hermione develop. I don't know how you got the piece to flow so smoothly over so much time, but you did.

I think I cringed when Draco "went very still, and looked up at her warily, as if he expected a blow." Violence portrayed subtley enough to not become disgusting for the audience, and yet vivid enough to add that much emotion... I want to hug your Draco and your Hermione.

I'm honestly not sure what I think of Cho, but she's a character, for sure. I don't know if I've ever seen her with so much personality.

Your writing style's beautiful and clear throughout this whole thing. I really enjoyed reading it.
Hanabi of Seireitei chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
i like it... it has a good plot line and i really liked HOW Cho broke him. I think back to all the fights i've had and i do think that the truth hurts more than insults...
Gwinna chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Wow, that was really painful to read. Probably the most emotional I've gotten over a fic in a while. What Cho said was really, really cruel, a hundred times worse than anything Draco ever said. And honestly I don't think it even was true, because I don't believe *any* human being is without value. And besides, Draco a bully, and prejudiced, and nasty, and an all-around unpleasant person, but compared to say, Voldemort, his faults are trivial. Furthermore, she hardly knows Draco so how can she presume to say he has no good qualities, or that his parents don't love him? I also believe that all human beings are flawed and therefore have no right to judge one other (self-righteousness bothers me like nothing else), so yeah, I'm really angry at your version of Cho right now...

Needless to say, though, the fact that your story evoked such a strong reaction from me proves what a good writer you are. Yes, Cho was out of character, but you needed to have someone play that part, so it's understandable. And Draco and Hermione were perfect - I really like Hermione's behavior throughout, just like her, and the same goes for Draco. Anyway. Great job on this.
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 2/25/2006
Wow. Your fic was tottaly beleavable.

First, was Cho really out of character. I know for a fact that some people who are ussually nice and sweet like that will go off on someone for bieng mean. Look at my Grandmother. If she had been of the Wizarding communitie, she would have not mut up with the word Mudblood at all.

Second, I actualy do beleave that Malfoy wouldn't tell his father about the wand.

As for my opinion on Malfoy himself, he is trying to act like his dad because that's how he thinks you get friends. That's how most bullies are until someone shows them the light.
GoethFisheth chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
wow, that was really good! haha, i've never liked any HGDM fanfics but this was great!
snackfiend101 chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
*jaw drops* Holy sheet! I think I'm gonna go cry somewhere now. Does VMorticia know about this story? Thank god for random boredom and isomnia! Otherwise, I probably never would have read this. I don't really do HP fanfics, other than VMorticia's, but I was bored. Wow.

Okay. Now for the slightly more coherent part. Hoo. Beautifully written and (no small feat) believable. Everyone's in character (or within spitting distance thereof) with the exception of Cho. But that's okay. You needed someone to bring it up, and Cho was handy. Whatever works, you know? Are you going to do a follow-up?
Rhiannon Uerch Llewelyn chapter 1 . 10/17/2003
Very,very powerful fic! Cho Chang is like Mara Jade from Star Wars in this fic...brutaly honest,unflinching,clear sighted and old beyond her years with scene between her and Malfoy, crystal clear imagery that brought it right 's reaction is also dead on and someone actually did confront him like that,I could see it happening exactly as you wrote it...though I don't know how Harry would react?(Yeah...I like Draco/ .