Reviews for The Farewell
patrickstumps chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
I teared up, really. This was written beautifully, there's something about the writing I admire a whole lot - I think it must be the fact you wrote Ziva to be so in context, and that she hesitates, she thought through about what they would be, she thought through everything. "I mean, we're best friends, Tony. We have been for a long time—how could I ever see us as anything else?" - This line got through to me, my heart just crumbled - it was something Ziva would say, and you wrote it perfectly. The thing is, this one-shot has shown clear and deep character analysis and thought, everything Tony and Ziva replied to each other is in place, nothing is out of place, nothing seems odd. I don't know how to describe but I know that this took time to think and write for the character thought process is well written and it blew my mind away I just. Basically, in a short one-shot, it portrayed Tony and Ziva's feelings heart-wrenchingly. It is beautiful. - Sharmane
Celestrial Moon chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Come on Ziva do not let this get away.
conservativegirl chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
My heart just SNAPPED! This is not okay they CANNOT end like this! It was a great strody though:)
diana teo chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Well, that ending very much reminded me of Rhett and Scarlet's in Gone With The Wind! Or Han and Leia's farewell. Whatever. This scene could actually play out on the show. ...
naTIVAlu chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Will you forgive me if I choose to remain in denial about this whole thing? :P but I still loved it very much. The idea of them being on the same page but in opposite places of it at the same time still sits well with me. I like it, and it's something that can really happen, emotionally, and it's definitely a good enough cause to freaze what they were trying to build. It doesn't *have* to end this way, with Ziva choosing to leave, but it does make sense.

It made me really sad he had to pick her lock. Just so you know.

"I imagine you in the role of something m-more, and I end up seeing someone else there as your partner, as the woman you share your life with … and it hurts."

Oh, boy. I can't even. No.

"I love you," she whispered, sniffling. "I'll miss you."

Nope. *shakes head*

And the end just feels so *alone* :/ very well written, though :P
middawn chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
nooo (sobs) why is this happening? i feel crushed!...but ah well :) never give up hope
alwayshisninja chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
This is nicely written, as usual. My feelings though.
JustGrace13 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
This could've ended so happily too :( Still, wonderful job
TrinityFlower of Memories chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
THIS WAS SO BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN! Well done! So bittersweet!
never-give-up-hope2 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
I'm going to cry... It was so beautiful in a very, very sad way. Why do you have to do these things to me! Still, I don't think I could live with out them. (Oh, Tony: I can't live without you. The feels, the feels!)
nando2k50 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
As far as an explanation of Ziva departure very well done... The mess the writers did is kind of difficult to deal with and I think you did a good job coming out with a reason...

Sadly I do not think is consistent but Tony and Ziva history, but that is not your fault...
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
OMG

I AM CRYING.
greeny13 chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Whew. Really took a lot out of me to read right now. I'm still allowing myself to live in a denial bubble where we wind up with an off-screen cannon relationship for them. That said, this was so well-written and there were parts I absolutely loved - Tony putting his arm on the suitcase (his physical attempt at preventing her exit), Ziva fumbling her words and not making eye contact. Best was the English/Hebrew in reverse this time. He almost certainly has learned another phrase or two since then and "I know" is only fitting.
Ryalin chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Painful, but, at the same time, real, and very well done. It's a logical explanation, but part of me is still hoping for something more.