Reviews for Into the Light
Persephone Price chapter 32 . 9/9/2014
Ahh! Such an amazing end to an amazing story. I appreciate when there's closure at the end, and you certainly managed to do that here, without leaving it *too* tidy. I love the descriptions you used at the beginning, especially the train imagery. I've used that sort of thing before too, and for some reason it just speaks to me. I also loved that you mentioned the hosts that the demons took, because that is so so easy to overlook but also so so important. In sum, bravo! You should be really proud of this :)
Persephone Price chapter 31 . 9/8/2014
I love the descriptions at the beginning - the language you used was great. And Dean's comment about the Ducati was too funny! That said, poor Adriella :'(
Persephone Price chapter 30 . 9/7/2014
That was such a good twist! The angel blood and demon blood mixing, Sam having special abilities - very creative! I'm so glad Cas is okay - that scene was rough, but I think it's totally in character that he came back to help.
Persephone Price chapter 28 . 9/5/2014
Ahhhh that was cruel! I was laughing at Crowley (you write him so well!) but then it got so sad! The thought of both Sam and Dean going down together is so symmetrical but so horrifying. And the scene where they pass the Impala on to Cas and Kevin broke my heart. It just seems so wrong to have anyone else driving that car.
Persephone Price chapter 27 . 9/4/2014
I loved the paragraph after the break - "They are humanity in its rarest form, it's ugliest beauty." That sentence was just so eloquently put. I'm curious to read more from Adriella's perspective because she's a good stand-in for the reader since she's not so personally embroiled with the Winchesters just yet. It's interesting to see a neutral point of view. As always, looking forward to more!
Persephone Price chapter 26 . 9/3/2014
Lmao at Crowley: "Haven't gathered enough acorns for the chilly season yet?" I looove Crowley and I hope to read more of his sass!
Persephone Price chapter 25 . 9/3/2014
Ahh so intense! Thankfully I don't have to wait for the next chapter lol. You're great at getting Dean's voice right. He's tricky, and the balance between macho-Dean and sensitive-Dean can be a tough one, but you pull it off. I'm also looking forward to learning more about Adriella - she seems like she could be an interesting addition. Great chapter, once again :)
Persephone Price chapter 24 . 9/2/2014
I loved this chapter! The side-effect of Sam drinking angel blood (or at least that's what I presume his new ability is from) was such a great and unexpected touch!
Persephone Price chapter 21 . 9/1/2014
Sorry I've been slacking on my reviews lately! I love the Kevin chapters because I always love the insights you give him. Kevin is one of my favorite characters and I love that you portray him as being so observant, because it's easy to forget that, underneath all the gloom and doom, he's still a really sharp kid. I loved the "I wonder if he knows he does that," and I love that you portray Dean as so easily moved by his brother's emotions - I think that's something that often gets ignored, but you show how a lot of Dean's mood swings are directly correlated to Sam's. So again, awesome chapter!
Persephone Price chapter 19 . 8/26/2014
This was a particularly excellent chapter - you can really feel Dean's pain at the beginning and the style of writing suits his mindset well.
Persephone Price chapter 16 . 8/26/2014
Ugh this is such a great story. "And suddenly I wonder when I become my brother." That line was so unexpected and so simple but so powerful.
Persephone Price chapter 15 . 8/14/2014
Ahh this was so heartbreaking! I think this chapter does a good job of showing how Cas has solidified himself into their lives to such a huge extent, to the point where he's **almost** one of them, but not quite (as you pointed out in one of the previous chapters). I loved the part where Dean realized that Sam was also affected, and the part where Dean says "We sure taught him well." I think this was extremely powerful, not only because he means that they literally taught him well, but also because Sam and Dean have always set an example of self-sacrifice, which Cas is now following.
Persephone Price chapter 9 . 8/11/2014
Oh my goodness that ending! "An outsider looking in on something extraordinary." That just captures everything so perfectly, but it's so heartbreaking for Cas.
Persephone Price chapter 8 . 8/11/2014
It's so interesting to read this knowing what actually happens in season 9, but I honestly think your take on what could have happened might even be better because it creates sort of a 3-dimensional conflict. I also love your descriptions and the vocab you use (I'm a sucker for good writing). Sometimes I find 1st person a little jarring to read, but that's totally not the case with this. The language you use flows beautifully and I think the POV changes work well and enhance the story as a whole. I have to say though, I really love the chapters written from Sam's POV.
Persephone Price chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
This is so good! You write beautifully, and you capture Sam and Dean and their mannerisms really well! The scene where Dean goes from "despair to determination" is spot-on. It might take me a while to get through the whole story, but I'm definitely looking forward to it :)