Reviews for Stepchildren
Arpad Hrunta chapter 2 . 9/21/2014
You write *extremely* well. Your Diane voice is pitch-perfect. Beyond that, this is a really sweet story, and a lovely scene of friendship and comfort. Well done!
Jessica Simpson-Bourget chapter 2 . 8/11/2013
Lovely Woody/Diane interaction, and good use of the kitten! I always wondered why Diane didn't have a cat in Boston, knowing her relationship with Elizabeth. It's such a strange time period in Cheers, and it's nice to see some exploration of what Diane was up to apart from Sam. Looking forward to your next story!
samanddianefan10 chapter 2 . 8/10/2013
omg you did it! You made me fall even more in love with Woody, which I didn't think was possible. I love the fact that you write for him on occasion, he was a special character with such big shoes to fill. The very first episode of cheers that I vaguely remember was Birth, Death, love and rice. I remember what a big impression WH made on me. I dont' remember coach at all, only becoming aware that a major character had died. thanks to syndication, I've had the pleasure of discovering Coach and falling in love with his character, as flawed and as simple as he was. Whenever I need a good laugh I put in the first episode of Rebound, where he creates a "my tie!". that laugh! That never gets old. to put it simply, I love Coach and Woody for varied reasons. coach represented a father figure, and for diane as SL put it, he was her only friend. But Woody, he was so innocent and adorable that what eight year old girl wouldn't find him appealing for her very first crush?

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the cheers fandom alive. this was a very thoughtful, profound story, and I thank you for sharing it with us. I am sorry it took me so long to read and review, but I knew it would be special (and you proved me oh so right!) that I wanted to find the right moment to savor it as thoroughly as I could.

I've tried to write several Woody and Sam friendship stories, but somehow they never came across just right. But for you to write this brilliant display of the power of friendship, well, my hat's off to you. Kudos!
JulietxJames chapter 2 . 8/9/2013
Oh this is soooo great!
This would be such a great explanation on how Diane 'suddenly' had a cat.
The way you wrote Woody and Diane was wonderful.
Thanks for asking me by the way!
Alex B. Goode chapter 2 . 8/9/2013
Fan-tas-tic!
Alex B. Goode chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Rock and roll as usual! But it always irked me that Woody didn't just call her Diane since they were co-workers.