Reviews for Devolution
Eien Michi chapter 1 . 6/10
Disturbingly lovely.
Athena's phoenix chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
O_O
This...is different... The beginning was veeeery creepy, and my mind went to disturbing places while trying to figure out just what was going on. Ech.
Anyway, it's also super creative, and I do like where you went with this. It's an interesting concept for sure, and I do believe that Voldemort would have taken more measures to ensure immortality beyond the horcruxes. Whether they would have worked with every bit of his soul dead and gone, however...that is where we seem to differ in views (though, maybe you just said "meh, this is how it needs to work for the fic" and went with it).
Still! Awesome! It really is strange that as Voldemort became less human, he also seemed to become more human in some ways. He has more depth of emotion, for one. That he can even perceive love is a sort of advancement!
Really, really, interesting, and the writing really draws you in. :D
Guest chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
Is this tragic? Actually, he got off lightly.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
I don't usually review, but I just have to say that this masterpiece made me cry.
I find it endlessly tragic that Tom Riddle can only find unconditional love as the 'family pet' of his nemesis, and that in the end, 'Special the Basilisk' is a perfect summation of all of Tom Riddle's childhood fears and secret wishes.
He is immortal, the goal he so sought in his fear of death, and yet he has lost everything else (his power, his magic, his ambition, his past and his sense of self as human) in exchange.
He is loved (I think that deep inside, pre-Diary Horcrux, some part of Tom Riddle sought the unconditional affection he was denied, but chose to eventually scorn it when he felt that it was an unattainable and thus, worthless (since he's egocentric like that) goal), but only by the family of his fated enemy.
He is unique and special, a desire born from his ostracized childhood to justify his solitude, but he's ultimately just a spectacle and will never be acknowledged as a person.
So in a way, this is a very just punishment for his transgressions, and part of me thinks this is a more fitting end for Lord Voldemort than even Rowling's decision to just kill him off. The rest of me just wants to give child-Riddle a hug.
And I'm still crying.

You are an amazing writer.
Taly-chan chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
Hah! I don't know whether to feel horror, pity, or awe. Somehow, what the story certainly has is ironic spirit.
Also, that beginning was the height of ick.
Awesome.
12333forever chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
ur strys prty god. bat whre is he romnace? my stry hus a lote of it
urs neds sum i thenk. thx, matey.
jonh73 chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
Wow, just wow. a bit disturbing at first but I could totally see that happening in canon. Very nice atmosphere.
Moka-girl chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Oh, so sad.
smilingcrescent chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
This is such a sad story! It is terrible to enslave a person like that, but I suppose it's the best that Harry could think of...

...on the ohter hand, Voldemort changing his name to Special is fun. :D I like how you write it. :D

So. Very good job. Now I'm off to read your other stories...or bookmark you so I can do so later.
Reviewer chapter 1 . 12/11/2013
Enchanting.
Akua chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
This was strange and brilliant and there was even a happy ending. That is fantastic. I really do love how the story progressed. And the povs that you did were well selected for the story. Very beautiful writing and awesome planning. Love it.
readerboy7 chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
nice story. sad but nice. congratulations on thr moroseness.
GeMerope chapter 1 . 9/30/2013
Oh merlin, that story was absolutely gorgeous... Really moving as well, and unlike anything I've read before...
I hope you're doing well Don't know if you remember me, username used to be elfinmyth.. might know me as Hikari or Lydia as well :)
Megii said you were good but that was quite some time ago. Anyways, happy writing, sorry for the rambling

xx
BlazeStryker chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
"Some say he died. Codswallop, in my opinion. Dunno if he had enough human left in him to die."-Rubeus Hagrid, on Voldemort.

This story explores that nicely. The horror is losing your humanity,but the quote above should point out that Voldemort had managed to lose most of it already between the Horcruxes and the things he'd done in life.

The tragedy is that Harry quite possibly saved the soul that was once Tom Marvolo Riddle. Rather, that an blind, undying basilisk had more capacity for love than Tom ever managed in human life is tragic beyond my ability to describe.

Thanks for writing this.