Reviews for Devolution
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 1 . 2/18
Awkward ending. Loss of freedom, of self, of thoughts, of life. Continuously sedated, trapped, and even Obliviated (once, by Harry?). Spectacle for most, but prisoner in fact. He would be lonely, if it wasn't for Parselmouth visitors.
I hope that sometime in the future, when a catastrophe befalls Earth - say, attacked by Borgs - Voldemort will be free of sedatives, recover magic somehow (Basilisk is magical snake, even if eyes are the only visible outlet), and, with or without Borgs assistance, find a way to use his magic. If his mind is strong enough, to hold onto thought of being Special, then he will be able to take down the whole hive.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
Blitza chapter 1 . 2/10
When i read the summary and the genres i thought it would be a horrid story, but couldn't help but be curious anyway. I'm glad i did, i love this story and the ending. Its a very happy ending to a very sad snake.
EJect chapter 1 . 11/20/2016
Wow, I like how you wrote the beginning so it was confusing, just like Voldemort's experience. I'd really like more light shone on how exactly he became a basilisk, but this is such a great story anyway. Especially the zinger at the end.
rytan451 chapter 1 . 8/12/2016
Wow. I don't know what to say.
DreamingTheMelody chapter 1 . 4/3/2016
Uh. Wow. Bahaha this was so. Interesting. Fascinating. I don't know how to feel, really. Haha I guess it's just because I did not expect this. At all.
Wow. Poor cute little Voldemort xD . I mean, this is totally a weird plot, and so awkward, but I could totally see this happening, in a way. If nothing else, the arrogance and general superiority he displays as a snake are totally believable - and so is Harry's desire to just get over it all. I mean, if there's nothing he can do - if killing him doesn't actually work - it'd just be better to remove his memories. I could see that.
It's kind of sad though, in a way. It took him becoming a snake to actually finally experience love. Poor darling.
Thank you for this fascinating and thought-provoking read, love.
Kelly chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Oh my god, this was so amazing. I actually cried at the end, it was such a good mix of strange, sad and happy!
Ppsh chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
Awesome.
edlrst chapter 1 . 9/2/2015
Brilliant.
TerraZeal chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
I always liked Voldemort...I'm happy to see he ended up...uh, sort of happy.
Koda Aya chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
Disturbingly lovely.
Athena's phoenix chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
O_O
This...is different... The beginning was veeeery creepy, and my mind went to disturbing places while trying to figure out just what was going on. Ech.
Anyway, it's also super creative, and I do like where you went with this. It's an interesting concept for sure, and I do believe that Voldemort would have taken more measures to ensure immortality beyond the horcruxes. Whether they would have worked with every bit of his soul dead and gone, however...that is where we seem to differ in views (though, maybe you just said "meh, this is how it needs to work for the fic" and went with it).
Still! Awesome! It really is strange that as Voldemort became less human, he also seemed to become more human in some ways. He has more depth of emotion, for one. That he can even perceive love is a sort of advancement!
Really, really, interesting, and the writing really draws you in. :D
Guest chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
Is this tragic? Actually, he got off lightly.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
I don't usually review, but I just have to say that this masterpiece made me cry.
I find it endlessly tragic that Tom Riddle can only find unconditional love as the 'family pet' of his nemesis, and that in the end, 'Special the Basilisk' is a perfect summation of all of Tom Riddle's childhood fears and secret wishes.
He is immortal, the goal he so sought in his fear of death, and yet he has lost everything else (his power, his magic, his ambition, his past and his sense of self as human) in exchange.
He is loved (I think that deep inside, pre-Diary Horcrux, some part of Tom Riddle sought the unconditional affection he was denied, but chose to eventually scorn it when he felt that it was an unattainable and thus, worthless (since he's egocentric like that) goal), but only by the family of his fated enemy.
He is unique and special, a desire born from his ostracized childhood to justify his solitude, but he's ultimately just a spectacle and will never be acknowledged as a person.
So in a way, this is a very just punishment for his transgressions, and part of me thinks this is a more fitting end for Lord Voldemort than even Rowling's decision to just kill him off. The rest of me just wants to give child-Riddle a hug.
And I'm still crying.

You are an amazing writer.
Taly-chan chapter 1 . 6/6/2014
Hah! I don't know whether to feel horror, pity, or awe. Somehow, what the story certainly has is ironic spirit.
Also, that beginning was the height of ick.
Awesome.
12333forever chapter 1 . 3/28/2014
ur strys prty god. bat whre is he romnace? my stry hus a lote of it
urs neds sum i thenk. thx, matey.