Reviews for Most Precious
Kinsutenekochan chapter 2 . 4/15
I really want to read more of this! I hope this wasnt all you were planning on writing, you left nothing resolved at all! Awesome story, none the less, and wonderful job with the characters. Keep it up and Thank you!
neesama chapter 2 . 4/8
Please keep writing! I loved it
Guest chapter 2 . 10/21/2014
Gah! Where is the more, please?

Loving how this is going, I hope you do return to it soon :)
Guest chapter 2 . 10/20/2014
i sincerely hope that you're feeling well and that things have gotten better for you. i really want you to finish this because i am still trying to wrap my head around how kenshin as a bird/lion mythical creature is going to get together with kaoru... and what will happen when people notice that the statue's gone (assuming he can change form) or if the 'statue' comes to life (like some godzilla movie). xD
gin
TOSoldtimer chapter 2 . 9/12/2014
This story is marvelous! Such a brilliant merger of RK and mythology. Battle Scythe
Battousai. Kenshin is a gryphon. That's a new one. And now he's waking up. How does he know about the monkfish? Is he somehow watching? Is he going to try to claim Kaoru? It's only been a year. Please, please, PLEASE continue this very creative tale!
FaerynShade chapter 2 . 6/23/2014
This is an awesome story. I'm being kept on my toes trying to guess what kenshin really is... Jiggling on my toes waiting for more update -please! *grins-
Morgain13 chapter 2 . 4/4/2014
I found "Most Precious" because I am a Mabinogi scholar, and it contains a reference to the Mabinogi heroine Rhiannon, my top interest - I am doing a PhD on her.
I really enjoyed the story so far. There's clearly some good research gone into the Welsh background, the lively relationships, and evocative landscapes are skilfully done.

As a scholar I would respectfully comment that in fact educated mediaeval people in Wales were familiar with Greek myth, including the Gryphon characteristics. The Roman (partial) conquest of Wales and their stay here, meant that Greek and Roman myths became part of Welsh culture. Many Welsh words are borrowed or derived from Latin. So this part of building the mystery doesn't work so well.

There is a Gryphon outdoor wall sculpture in Newport Gwent Wales where I live. It's very large maybe 15ft across and a good standard of art. It's near our ruined castle remains at the centre of the city. However I don't know how old the tradition is locally; so far my online researches are not productive. The only connection historically I can find is with the local noble family Morgan. Their local manor house has a stone gryphon, quite worn; it looks st least Victorian but may be older as this family goes back to pre Tudor period.
Newport is a long way from the site of this story anyway. Snowdonia is NW and we are SE, two very different Welsh cultures. The story here is in the wild hill country, perfect for a remote village with odd traditions. The Newport (Cas Newydd) gryphon is in the heart of a small city, and SE Wales is fairly urban, with a strong mix of English and Welsh culture being close to the border.

The gryphon or griffin can look very like a dragon, and of course the Ddraig is the national symbol of Wales. (See here from wikipedia
wikipedia/en/thumb/2/20/Bevan_ /180px-Bevan_
We also have the male name Gruffydd, which looks similar but isn't really it has a different word root.

I would be very interested to see how this story develops. I know nothing of the Japanese story elements. Also the hostility of the gruyphon to horses and Rhiannon is not historical, but a very interesting creative addition. I do hope the author returns to give us more chapters.
deliriou599 chapter 2 . 3/22/2014
WOW! This is incredibly well written! You had me gripped from the beginning! It is so unlike other KK fics I have read and everything just flows so naturally. I do you hope you update soon! This is turning out to be one of my favorites!
bonghi chapter 2 . 2/24/2014
This story is something else. So refreshing and extremely interesting. I hope for an update as soon as it is possible. Please.
bonghi chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
So good. So interesting. Absolutely unique. Well written. I love it.
hootowl chapter 2 . 2/16/2014
so intriguing! more! please?
UrmixMoonstone chapter 2 . 12/28/2013
Loved it. Please update soon. :3
Bellaria chapter 2 . 12/27/2013
Well, wow. I like the detail and the intricacies and I hope you eventually update! Great job, I'll be watching!

Bella x
Mama Kat chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
Hey there Tae, are you planning on working on this, or is it complete? It is charming and I would love to see the story further explored...Please?

sutlesarcasm on MM
Mama Kat on FF
kawaii sakura-chan chapter 2 . 11/5/2013
Wow! I love all the details in your writing and the "historical background " of it. You really set the atmosphere. I can't wait to see what happens next! :)