Reviews for Divergence
invinoveri chapter 8 . 2/1
Interesting premise but so far this has been boring. The idea that Goku wouldn't use his powers in the face of death is illogical. Death is terrifying, Goku should be doing everything in his power to live; that he doesn't do this makes his encounter feel flimsy and fake.
TheSkyBreakerV1 chapter 9 . 1/18
So when is the next chapter coming out? This story is awesome and this is what should have happened in Dbz.
Morisako83 chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
Wow my mind was blow away. I really love this chapter. A part of me always want to see this side to Goku .So I'm happy you are write it .
FireStorm1991 chapter 9 . 6/11/2014
AW! Poor everyone! Esp poor little Gohan :/
Godzilla Fan 2012 chapter 9 . 5/16/2014
Hiya, it me again! I was looking at your other stories and I happened to stumble upon this little gem, and I gotta say: this story is sick!

I've always wanted to see a flick about Goku being afraid of the power that dwelled within him, being mindful of the true creature that he was, and after reading through chapters one to nine; I can safely say that this is a fantastic story!

You played the characters beautifully, I find Goku's darker side a work of genius, and I absolutely loved the way you portrayed King Cold (he's my third favirote villain in DBZ). This chapter was depressing, sad to see Goku near dead and Vegeta in pain, but I do hope that things get better for them all; if only a bit.

I am SO adding this to my favorites, and I eagerly look forward to the next chapter.
NatNiole chapter 9 . 2/18/2014
And the plot thickens! I hope Trunks's identity remains secret, or he's in SOOO much trouble.
Perfect Carnage chapter 9 . 2/18/2014
I didn't realize Cold had done that much damage to everyone. Vegeta, Piccolo and Trunks were obvious. But the rest were surprising.

-Perfect Carnage
tomorrow4eva chapter 9 . 2/18/2014
Aw, that's a mean last line. I thought the sections were all great! Nice impending doom/change/despair vibe. Except Gohan hobbling through the hospital. If my ankle was busted and I could fly, I would be levitating. That broke my suspension of disbelief. But added to the angst. Haha.
bernard.jackson2 chapter 8 . 1/19/2014
Excellent story Excellent chapter. I will be waiting for the next chapter no matter how long it take.
LILFOC chapter 8 . 1/19/2014
Great chapter )
tomorrow4eva chapter 8 . 1/19/2014
Aaaand they all bleed to death? lol. Wow, that was a full on battle. I think people are going to be asking Goku some questions next chapter, unless Vegeta is confined to a bed for a while and everyone else is too polite. Trunks is the hero! Really, really enjoyed the chapter. Your battle was a lot more fun then the original.
NatNNicole chapter 8 . 1/19/2014
This chapter was very excellent. But I hope everyone gets quickly healed, and Vegeta's legs work again. And Trunks BETTER LIVE! As always, you've done a fantastic job. If this were a book, I'd gladly by it from the nearest bookshop.
Perfect Carnage chapter 8 . 1/19/2014
Excellent!

I can't say much about this that I haven't before, but it was nice to see King Cold die in something other than a beam battle for once.

I hope Trunks' medical attention doesn't interfere too much with time. Issues may arise beyond those already occurring.

-Perfect Carnage
Ness Frost chapter 7 . 11/27/2013
I only saw a few typos, one of which is that you seem to have written "breath" instead of "breathe" a couple of times.

I have one nitpick on Piccolo's characterization (of course), which is that I don't think that witnessing loss of life would disturb him as greatly as you've portrayed here. Even if you don't account for the acts he once attempted to commit himself, consider the memories he inherited from his father, who had several hundred years' worth of mass murder under his belt. I might believe it after his fusion with Kami, but I think that a character who used to be quite literally pure evil would be thinking more along the lines of "this is bad, there went our last chance of salvation" than sheer horror from the death itself.

Other than that, characterization looked good, right up to Gohan running off and doing something stupid. Sort of wish the humans would get a chance to do something other than hide behind rocks, but since this is a Goku-centric story I guess I can't really complain too much.
irishsaiyan chapter 7 . 11/23/2013