Reviews for Villainous Stubbornness
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
It's nice to make light of gameplay elements from time to time.

I really enjoyed how you portrayed the high priest's gradual descent into madness. Well done!
The Exile chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
I... have no idea how I managed to write a fic that was almost identical in subject to yours, I should check these things beforehand. I liked the description of the Commander's mental breakdown. I decided it was actually the same people over and over again, and they could also egress and resurrect. your interpretation is a little more worrying :)
Martin III chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
I'm sorry to say it, but I don't enjoy stories satirizing gameplay elements. They give the embarrassing impression (perhaps accurate, perhaps not) that the author doesn't understand why games differ from reality. Moreover, when a story is designed solely to deliver one joke, and the joke is identified right from the beginning, the rest of the story tends to lack zing. Finally, stories satirizing level grinding in particular have been very overdone.

The pacing, development, and general quality of prose here are all good, though. You do a convincing slow burn of the high priest's emotions, from groveling toady to irate fatalist. I'd definitely like to see you take on a more substantial story.