Reviews for Memoirs: The Reaper War
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 1 . 6/19
Interesting start
gphoenix51 chapter 60 . 3/19
A Far better ending than EA gave us.

Thank You.
DocBon3saw chapter 60 . 3/3
I greatly respect how much work has gone into this series, and I recommend it whenever I get a chance to.
while I do disagree as to the most optimal choice for the ending, I do commend you for your ending making a great deal of sense. Personally, I dont think the intelligence can be trusted in any way, but that is beside the point.
Once again, i thank you for your kind permission to use the asari culture you fleshed out in my own work. I dont delude myself that it will be nearly so well done, but I do appreciate the opportunity to try with some of the best culture characterization I have encountered. It is a rarity to encounter a fanfiction so well written that it could very well be on the bestseller list, but it is definitely something I found in your work.
Again, thank you for one of the better rides available.
valnarian chapter 60 . 1/25
Have had the exquisite pleasure of reading your memoirs series several times . When i started on western stars my heart wept for Liara . Thsee books are a beautiful work of art that you should take pride in. They have had me in tears and laughter. Thank you
These memoirs were the most beautiful things i have read for a long time. Thank you for sharing them with the world.
prettykitty2 chapter 60 . 11/2/2014
Wow! Very good story. Near the end I was sadden that Liara and Shepard wasn't together. It made me want to cry. Then I was soothed by the thought that at least his essence, was still alive watching over Liara. Synthesis was the first ending I did on the game. Liara and Shepard are my favorite characters to play, dream and read about. The part where Liara tells the Reaper to give Shepard back to her and the Reaper says they will try, is a scenario I tell myself with this type of ending. That Shepard is brought back by the Reapers with his DNA changed. That another clone body is found that was destroyed and it is infused with asari DNA (just enough to have biotic powers and provide longevity so he can live almost as long a Liara and have a happy life but he is arrogant, angry, acting like he's a god, robotic, cold and unfeeling but responds to Liara and some of the crew (like Garrus, Tali and Ashley, Ashley is the one that tells him off, calls him a dumb ass when he starts acting he's god and knocks him down a few pegs) sometimes not so kindly and has to be reminded that he is now a man with no ship or command (Ashley command the Normandy) and is no longer part of the Reapers. Of course Liara doesn't care, although sometimes hurt by some things he says, she is glad Shepard is back and counsels him back to his original self. Somehow as he spends time with her. He is emotionally brought back and when he finally allows them to meld (you see she is the key to bringing him fully back but Shepard sees her as an insignificant organic that the Reapers use to crush so he keeps her at a distance but gets twinges of feeling, echoes from a past long ago) in the end Liara tells him, "welcome home Shepard" and he says, "It's good to be home." Yea Shepard is back. Just a brief description of my dream I do to justify this ending.

Any way your story resonated to me. Zazania recommended I read it and I agreed it is very good. Must have taken you a longtime to write this but nothing worth while is easy. It was kind of like reliving the game a little but not exactly and that is a good thing. I will be reading it again. Now I will check out All the Western Stars. You can tell when someone cares about their work. Excellent! I will be watching your space.
Guest chapter 60 . 11/2/2014
Oh man you story almost brought tears to my eyes. My heart broke a little because Liara lost Shepard but a slight hope in the fact that he still lives just not with Liara but perhaps watching from afar. Liara with Shepard are my favorite characters. It was a good idea to do it as if she is telling a story. Loved the story. Wow.
farrisr24 chapter 60 . 9/19/2014
This is the 4th time I have read through all 3 memoirs! I Can not get enough, I have started reading All the Western Stars as well! I have also started replaying the games again, of course following your story line, as well as I can! Keep up the good work!
I-Am-Silence chapter 60 . 8/26/2014
This series is fantastic! I've been reading all of it over the last two weeks almost non stop!
mordreek chapter 59 . 7/15/2014
Aaaaaaand then comes the control space magic ending to kill the buzz a decent story. ah well
mordreek chapter 54 . 7/15/2014
YES! The Rachni strike again! I had been so disappointed that bioware had turned them into another form of "danger prone daphne" I can't get enough of authors who give them the credit they are due
mordreek chapter 36 . 7/15/2014
Thank you! Finally a version of the DLC that does not portray Shepard as having the situational awareness of wet fart.
Keith Fraser chapter 60 . 5/16/2014
I was very excited to see you used the Control ending (where most fanfics seem to use some variation on Destroy). I've always thought of it as the best or at least "least worst" ending, because it leaves open the possibility of either sending the Reapers into a star after they've fixed the mass relays or disseminating their knowledge to gradually bring about Synthesis, so it effectively contains the other two endings without their drawbacks. Congratulations on completing one of the best fanfics I've read!
bluemarlin chapter 60 . 5/15/2014
Excellent ending to this wonderful story. Looking forward to your next one.
Ioan Serenno chapter 60 . 5/14/2014
You've brought a lot of intellectual depth and detailed enrichment to the Mass Effect universe. That alone makes your novels worth reading.

In addition to that, I'm amazed by how you managed to create an ending that fulfills the promise of the trilogy without going completely AU on a large scale. I honestly thought no one could salvage that train wreck of ending, but your solution provides the perfect bittersweet spot between feeling a real sense of loss and experiencing the satisfaction of victory (which is what ME3 should have provided us originally). Needless to say, this will be my "head canon" from now on!

Thank you for sharing these wonderful writings with us. I can't wait for you next novel!