Reviews for Elrond's Most Forgettable Birthday
Katharine the Great chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Hahahahahahahaha! ROFL, nin mellon!

An excellent start to what promises to be another Great Asphyxiator for Katharine! I am so pleased!

I love how you personify Thranduil and Legolas. Ack, everyone mouthing along with Thranduil! Har, that is priceless!

And the spiders return. Oh, that doesn't bode well for Litttle Greenleaf, eh?

I have a sinking feeling that I know where this is headed...and I am VERY excited about it!

In fact...

I'll go ahead and give you the Ten Frick Salute, since I admire your work so much. It's something I just invented, which is why I haven't bestowed it before. Here goes...

Your work, Treehugger, is so abso-FRICKIN'-lutely hilarious that I almost FRICKIN' wet myself when I read it! You have so much FRICKIN' talent, you make me FRICKIN' sick to my FRICKIN' stomach, but in a FRICKIN' good way, y'know? Hurry the FRICK up with the next chapter, or I will spit you upon a FRICKIN' long pole and display you to the masses. Oh, and you are my FRICKIN' favorite humor author at this FRICKIN' site!

There you have it, the Ten Frick Salute. :) I hope this is something of a worthy measure of my gratitude to you for presenting us all with such hilarity as to choke some of us to death (namely, me)! Bravo!

P.S. Sorry chapter 17 of TWW is taking so long...it is in production, I promise! The Uncommon Tales quite caught me by surprise...

Anyhoo, after that shameless plug, I think I'll totter off and think some more about whether to save Legolas or not...heh heh heh...
ArWen of sMirkwood chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
you're off to a great start with this one!and *cringe* at a cat-sized spider!By the way, how old is Legolas in your stories?He sounds rather silly...lmao
Kasifya chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Oh my goodness... do you EVER run out of ideas?

I mean, you just keep coming up with the most hysterical stories, and you never seem to run short of them...

awesome start... i look forward to seeing the next chapter (please please let it be really soon!)
The Sadistic Cow chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Oh dear...now THIS is going to be interesting. Hahaha! Poor Elrond...I can just imagine the hell he's gonna go through on this particular birthday. And Legolas! Mocking his father...heh, parents can be so predictable. HA!

Hope to see more soon! You write awesomely!
Karina chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Sounds like this is going to be a very fun story! That wouldn't be a baby Gwibess hiding behind that bush? Sounds well um sweet, for a spider!

And what's this? Legolas is making fun of his sire? well I guess that's not a first for him! But I don't think it was wise of Thranduil to let 'Little Greenleaf' choose Elrond's gift... Hehehehehe

Great start! I can't wait to see what's going to happen with this! Its sounds like fun!
Nadra chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
I was wondering about this part...Poor Legolas (c. TreeHugger) is about to get into a whole new world of trouble! Shall there be more Brethilitis (TM)? Or maybe Celeb Baudh (TM)?

By the way, I still want Legolas and intend to take him from you. Against the power of Nadra, there can be no victory. I will triump!

*Nadra breaks out into song*

Ain't no mountain high enough!

Ain't no valley low enough!

Ain't no river enough!

To get me from getting to Legolas! (okay so it doesn't rhyme...)

Okie day, I feel much better now. Either way, not even Thranduil could keep me from his youngest! My muse demands sacrifice for this insolence! (The plot bunnies are watching, as they always have been. They can see !)

Nonetheless, another excellent story! I'm glad someone around here writes semi-serious/silly stories! It'd be so dull otherwise. Keep up the good work, or my plot bunnies shall lose their patience. :) :)
Nancing Elf chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Nin mellon how do you do it? My goodness but your house must be full of plot bunnies! :)

The Birthday Dance..."torturous gyrations"...what wonderful use of language here TreeHugger. Teehee! King Thranduil sends Elrond "this" and do-si-do, Lord Elrond sends "that", swing your partner round and round, now everyone allemande! LOL!

Legolas is too cute, way too cute in this fic! I just want to "wrap him up and put him in my pocket!" (guess the reference) Feeding a baby spider right under his father's nose! LOL.

"What could possibly go wrong?" Ah famous last words. Does some water from Morn Nen in a bottle of the finest Mirkwood wine sound familiar? muwahahahaha!
Kal the Magnificent chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Ai Valar... *rubs temples, rather like Thranduil does* Where is some Vandal Root Tea when you need it? Help us all...

Hugs and Cookies )

PS: Was the spider Gwibess, or another spider?
calenedhel chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
*cheering* You're writing it! You're really, really writng it! YAY!

I am so Happy! Treehugger has returned once again to mock the chracters we know and love in another amazing masterpeice!

Though, suprisingly, the idea of giant spiders doesn't bother me. I am scared stiff of most small ones! Bur The idea of a cat-sized Gwibess just sounds cute.

Oh dear, I shouldn't have typed that. The friend watching me type this is looking rather green. Maybe she'd apprechiate a case of morn nen wine, too...
Lauren chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
This is great! I love your humor! Every time I read one of your stories I get this dopey grin on my face and I can't stop laughing. I'm really glad you started another one. Can't wait for more!
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
"'Prince Legolas will decide? Is - that a good idea, your Majesty?'

Thranduil brushed past his butler and the Master Archer.

'Of course it is. He will pick some silly thing that I won't miss and Elrond won't be offended knowing that Little Greenleaf was the one who chose it. There is no more perfect solution. What could possibly go wrong?'"

You know, as an ancient Elf, the ruler of a kingdom and the father of three, Thranduil *really* should know better.
Soledad chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
Geez, that was funny! I *love* your Mirkwood stories, even if I am such an ogre and review so rarely. Little Greenleaf and his pet spider, indeed. And now I'm dying to see what he would chose for Elrond's birthday!
985 | « Prev Page 1 .. 54 61 62 63 64 65 .. Last Next »