Reviews for Elrond's Most Forgettable Birthday
shirebound chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
Ah, were more ominous words ever spoken/written - "What could possibly go wrong?"

I love that line, "mocking...the next words Thranduil always spoke, not realizing that the king wasn't saying them yet." How Legolas lived to Manhood (sorry, Elfhood) is a mystery, Treehugger. How wondrous that you were always there, chronicling poor Legolas' (sorry, couldn't resist) eventful adolescence!
Irena chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
Heh.

What could possibly go wrong, indeed?
Raider314 chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
baby spiders...how cute...this sounds promising! more please!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
"What could possibly go wrong?" Famous last words. This is good just like your other stories. Does this come before or after "In the Hall?" Legolas and Aralith's mouthing the words Thranduil is going to say is actually rather realisitic. Parents often have these speeches they always go through when some particular thing happens and they don't even realize it. I find it rather amusing. I also like Aralith's terror of spiders. Unfortunately I find it to be perfectly reasonable. Poor Aralith! (c. TreeHugger)
Bronells chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
I'm very much looking forward to what happens when Legolas' "gift" reaches Imladris! An enjoyable chapter and I it looks like it's going to just as amusing and entertaining as your previous stories in this series!

"Prince Legolas will decide? Is - that a good idea, your Majesty?"

Thranduil brushed past his butler and the Master Archer.

"Of course it is. He will pick some silly thing that I won't miss and Elrond won't be offended knowing that Little Greenleaf was the one who chose it. There is no more perfect solution. What could possibly go wrong?"

*evil grin* Ahh, if only he knew! _~
JastaElf chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
Oh, how wonderful! A new TreeHugger Story! And it's THAT ONE(c. JastaElf)! (grin)

TH, this is a great start. Poor Legolas (c. TH), getting caught like that... I just love the interaction between all the characters! Galion is great, and of course as always the King is wise and good... (snicker) What a perfect solution, let Legolas pick the gift and no matter what, Elrond will HAVE to love it because one never hurts the feelings of youngsters... (grin)

I can hardly wait. Maybe it will be a red hanky box! Maybe it will be... Morn Nen Vintage?

Rock on, TH!
gershwin chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
Ah, poor little greenleaf. I just finished reading your 'orc' series-wow. But I am upset about Brethil. Please send me a red hanky. However, I have high hopes in your ability to cheer me up with this story. whenever, I need cheering up, I often re-read 'in the hall of the wood-elf king.' What a gift you have. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.
HobbitsRFun chapter 1 . 9/8/2002
This is really cute! I hope to read more soon!
983 | « Prev Page 1 .. 56 63 64 65 66