Reviews for The Last Thing She Saw
Kailey Hamilton chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
I'm so very glad I agreed to have this AU story written for me :)

I liked your characterization of Hannah here, and the way you portrayed her angst - not too over-the-top but still striking and painful. It's difficult to write something that we've never experienced but you managed to give this an eerie sense of reality - I just loved that.

["She can get up, walk the path from the main floor up to Gryffindor Tower, and finally get up the nerve to kiss Neville, both because she wants to and to prove to herself that she doesn't need a war to be brave."] I liked this reminder of pre-war Hannah and the contrast her previous life poses to the way you portrayed her here. Only made the angst much more real.

At the beginning it kinda bothered me that we weren't given a setting or a sense of time, but as the story progressed, that was exactly what made the angst work so well. Of course sick!blind!Hannah wouldn't care much about things like time and space, and this made me feel really close to Hannah, in a way - as if I was experiencing the world through her. So I think that was very well done.

["Hannah doesn't mind death, but she doesn't want to die alone."] - this gave me the chills. I think this displays both Hannah's fear and bravery amazingly well, and the way you followed that statement (with the way Hannah dreams include images) was just the right way to show hopelessness.

I like the little we see -or rather feel- of Neville, and the feelings of guilt and gratefulness Hannah displays toward him. It's like Neville to be so loyal and caring, isn't it? And I love how Hannah wasn't entirely selfless about it and allowed herself to be selfish, craving death and giving up because she understood that she had nothing to give him. It absolutely broke my heart, and it was brilliant.

I can't find a single negative thing to say about this - it was just perfect. A million thanks for this, Laura. Sorry it took me so long to review!
FireTaiga chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
When listing the things Hannah is sick of, pain is mentioned twice. :)

Fantastic otherwise. Very different.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Really sad. Keep writing
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
This was breathtakingly sad, but written beautifully. :)