Reviews for Not An Island
Nonni chapter 5 . 9/7
This was a very hard story to read so far. I am glad though that you showed us that pon farr is not sexy - to the contrary and that you additionally showed too that also Spock is the victim here. That it is rape on both ends. A question - just out of curiosity - because I never understood in TOS - is pon farr about procreation? When yes - it should not work between two males - since their union would not create an offspring; or is it about the mental connection? Is it necessary to top for Spock in the union or would it indifferent if he submits to Jim? Or is it only about the mating itself. Is a mind meld needed? Sorry for all that questions...what I really wanted to say that I really like that story although it broke my heart.

I especially adore how you portrayed McCoy's and Spock's relationship. Wonderful
Looking forward to a new chapter
BlueMoonChaos chapter 5 . 5/10
Are you going to continue the story? Really want to know what happens next, as I didn't really see this particular play of events coming. Pon Farr, yes, that they would both be somewhat unwilling like this, no. Is interesting and makes me really want to know how they deal with the aftermath. Thought they would both kinda wise-up and admit what they feel for each other before/during the early stages of Spock's Time. Since it has been so long with no update does that mean we don't get to know what happens next? :( Please work on this story again!
newaunty chapter 5 . 4/9
I just read this whole Fic again, 18 months after I first read it. emBig/em mistake, because I'm now devastated all over again that it won't be finished.
Even though I knew the pon farr was coming at some point, I didn't expect it to leap out so unexpectedly fast. I thought that's where you were going when Spock first approached McCoy, but then I lost sight of the forest for the trees - when McCoy appeared to know so much about Vulcan biology, apparently including pon farr, I assumed he'd seriously considered it and ruled it out. And then of course, I was distracted by the interplay between Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I got seriously invested in Spock's emotional, psychic and telepathic trauma following the destruction of Vulcan and stopped thinking, "No, no, you idiots, this is empon farr/em!
It sent a shiver down my spine that Spock decided to kill himself, but then got distracted and just . . . forgot.
I've just spent an hour trying to put the rest of my feelings about this fic into words, and failed dismally, so I'll just say how much I have loved reading it, both times. You're an extremely talented writer, and if you choose to write ST again, be it a continuation of this fic or something else, I will be very, very happy to read it.
(And I still get the giggles over Spock's comment that, "I can see you through my eyelids," when stoned!)
ge waldo chapter 5 . 3/13
Just one more chapter. I beg you...
Anon chapter 1 . 3/13
I love your stories, this in particular. please continue it if possible.
sweetkakes35 chapter 5 . 12/29/2014
Sooo...there's definitely another chapter coming, right?
dramajunki3066 chapter 5 . 12/4/2014
ok tell me your going to finish this because omg I need to know how it ends and you cant just leave it at that huge cliff hanger!
ge waldo chapter 5 . 12/3/2014
Fabulous read for the second tome. One final chapter would be a squeeeeeeee moment. :)
anon chapter 5 . 7/23/2014
Please update, please. I beg you with everything I have.
anon chapter 5 . 6/19/2014
Did you abandon this story? Please give a sign of life.
Gucia chapter 5 . 5/10/2014
I love this story so much I just had to read it again! Please, please, please update!
Doni chapter 5 . 5/8/2014
I think I am a bit in awe of you and this story. So intense and beautiful and painful all wrapped together. This Spock and Jim are both so broken and self-blind that it physically hurts to read them being so hard on themselves. You've tackled such a difficult subject/event with the gravity it deserves. Really wonderfully done. Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 5 . 4/25/2014
Someone needs to continue this! PLEASE! This is my favorite story of ALL TIME and I could die happily if it were updated!
Lolki chapter 5 . 4/16/2014
I read this story in one go and only realized at the end it's a WIP. Will there be more? You cannot leave it that way, please!