Reviews for Not An Island
Ablutionary chapter 4 . 9/2/2013
I can not wait to see the next chapter. No, seriously, I can't, although your updates are more than reasonable, I usually don't read WIP but this is just too good to pass up. Keep up the great work.
KnoKnayme chapter 4 . 9/1/2013
Awesome story! This is one of the best I have read... I love the fact that you have managed to keep them both so in character by allowing things to progress slowly. And your McCoy is awesome too! :)
HyenaGreyscale chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
I just can't believe that this story is getting better and better. The angst in this one made my chest hurt baaaaaad. Excited for the next installment!
Yana5 chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
I hope Spock gets better
Bones chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
Fantastic new chapter. I have to say after reading the whole story that I love the vulnerability of your Spock. It is refreshing to read a story where Spock’s control is breaking and his stoic mask is shattering (ohh all the hurt/comfort makes always my day). I love how you explore the effects Spock suffered because of the destruction of his home planet. It’s really not easy for him – isn’t it? He seems very alone – very forlorn – sometimes. (Not that I don’t like it – hehe I am the kind of person who loves to see their favourite character suffer :D) I am glad he has Kirk and McCoy. God, can I say I love your Kirk – I love that you portray him like you do and not like most fanfiction authors – who make him far too whiny, submissive and characterless – which he clearly isn’t. Your Kirk genuinely seems to care about Spock and seems to know about his own failures and I love the tentative and cautious way he handles Spock – like he is afraid to break him, although he doesn’t shrink back to be dominant (love the captain when he is that way/acts that way) and he is also a true captain when necessary. And God, how much I adore your McCoy – he is utterly brilliant (you write him so very well) and I love the biology lessons about Vulcans. These are fantastic. This story perfect. I am eager to read more. I know you probably have many real life obligations and I know it is probably very hard to find time to write but nevertheless if you have a bit free-time - Please update soon. You would make many readers so very happy.

Concerning the writing – it is brilliant as always– your use of words, your way to narrate the story is flawless. I love Spock’s pov – although sometimes I also want to know what McCoy or Kirk think hehe.

Never stop to write okay? You are so very talented.

p.s.: about Spock’s age? He is considered a teenager in Vulcan years? Does he become an adult after Pon Farr?
p.p.s: I hope you keep the slow built of their relationship and I would love to see also more of the PTSD Spock seems to suffer.
S chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
Wonderful new chapter. I cannot wait to read more. Thank you so much for updating. I love the slow-built of Spock's and Kirk's relationship.
Aron chapter 3 . 8/30/2013
Are you an professional writer? This is fantastic. Will you continue?
S chapter 3 . 8/27/2013
Me again. I reread this whole story again today and god I still think it is so very perfect. I hope to read more soon - if you have time. That would really made my day. Your writing is extraordinary.
Linda chapter 3 . 8/25/2013
This fic is perfect. Please update soon. I can not wait to read more.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/22/2013
This is the best fanfic I ever read. God - I love your Spock so much and your McCoy and your Kirk. Woow... Please continue. You are such a brilliant, brilliant writer.
Waban Titgeli chapter 3 . 8/20/2013
This is beautifully written! Please keep at it! Looking forward to more!
SpaceGirl13 chapter 3 . 8/20/2013
sniff sniff sniff I was crying for poor Spock! He got beat up bad emotionally in this chapter! Loved the strong emotions from Kirk and Spock in this one. I would be pissed if I were Kirk too even if in the end he is okay with it! Principle of choice! The turbo lift scene was great too and Spock being "drugged" by Jim's touch therapy lol. The next day scene was so overwhelming! I cannot imagine being Spock with losing his planet, mother, etc. on top of his medical stuff. And Bones was a wonderful side story here! He is an awesome doctor, friend and professional. I don't know how people can do that, staying detached to evaluate their friend/patient! can't wait for next ch! Thanks!
S chapter 3 . 8/20/2013
Please continue. This is simply amazing.
Chemical Ghost chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
Wow, what a delightful mess you've created! There are no right answers for Jim and the double bind he finds himself in. Of course he comes around, though, or there'd be no story.

It starts off cute and a little funny-sad with pseudo-drugged Spock and his inane ramblings - love the bit about the round room - but of course, his pliable state of mind casts a darker shadow on previous events.

"It's just, I ain't never had no loopy Vulcan spillin' his olfactory impressions into my occipital lobes."

Oh, that line. That is exactly what a high Spock would be like.

Of course, things go off into darker territory. God damn, Spock's just cracking under the pressure of the sum of everything that ever messed him up with Nero on top. I love the way he is cold and calculating about breaking things, especially the way his mind rambles on about the science and causality. Good job on keeping him sort of vulcan in his insanity, and once again letting us into his head. I wonder how you will fix this.

The other major thing that I found awesome about this chapter was Bones. One of the things that we love about him is that while his job is everything to him, he is unflinchingly human and caring about it while maintaining a scientific mind...The things that Spock has accepted as normal are outrageous to him, and there don't appear to be any straightforward, black-and-white answers. While his convictions may or may not be (but probably are!) justified, he stands behind them...I suppose that we see his calling and his tentative friendship with Spock blur together.

Thank you so much for this chapter.
Anon chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
OMG I love how your McCoy handles Spock. I love their friendship so very much and how cautious he is with him and how he wants to help him. Spock has many friends and he is not alone - he has to see that. Poorthing. I need more of this fic...awwwh . Thank you for posting another chapter so fast.
120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »