Reviews for Not An Island
Guest chapter 2 . 8/13/2013
I love that this story is being told from Spock's POV; wonderful insights into Spock's unique stance as a part human Vulcan and the serious trouble he (and all Vulcans) is in due to Nero. And those friends (even the somewhat abrasive McKoy) willing to go the extra miles to help him. Plus the Kirk/Spock love-lust angle is hot-hot-hot. Simply superb! :)
Sapere chapter 2 . 8/13/2013
Awesomeness! What a great update! Ahhh Bones... Always fixing things. Poor Jim and his sense of honour. Was he molested as well? Tarsus?
Lea chapter 2 . 8/13/2013
Woow what a brilliant second chapter. I cannot wait to read more. I am so curious. Thank you very much for the fast update. You are a brilliant writer - I hope you know that.
Matthias Tiertu chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
OH MY GOD! That was epic! Please tell me you will be continuing this? It was so good! Hats off for a truly first class story!
Kaniner chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
I love Bones. Thanks for another great chapter!
SpaceGirl13 chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
another emotionally engaging chapter. I love the way the situation is set: with Spock overhearing the conversation between Jim and McCoy. It allows for Jim/McCoy to be honest openly without knowing Spock can hear. Dramatic! Also great explanation about Vulcan and population numbers accounting for the Jim/Spock attraction. Interesting! can't wait for more!
SakuraMinamino chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
You must love science. Mose species that are crossbred are infact steril. Never even crossed my mind with Spock either. Feel bad for him too. Hope you update soon.
Yana5 chapter 2 . 8/12/2013
Hahaha crafty Bones. Loved it
Lena chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
God, I love your portrayal of Spock so much... Please continue! Favourite story ever.
Chemical Ghost chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
I absolutely love your characterization of Spock. Many authors fail at getting into his head, but you do not. And it is undeniably alien, but just human enough for us to relate to, especially when we see his intelligence juxtaposed with his (very believably written) bewilderment about human social interactions. Good lord, Spock doesn't have a clue and Bones is a bumbling oaf - but it's damn cute.

You've also made Spock just human enough to be really messed up inside - slowly, we see him unravel - which is all a fangirl could want. The internalized self-loathing about being a hybrid is a nice touch. The part with the psi-blockers was interesting. It makes a lot of sense that telepathy might play a part in sensory processing (or similar) functions of the brain...

Respect for taking your time with the slash. It's kind of reasonable that Kirk feels like he's chasing jailbait, but I suspect that if he finds out about Spock's encounter with the creepy Betazoid - which I'm guessing he will eventually - he will have massive guilty feels about cutting off contact...Maybe just enough to give it a shot?

Now then, speaking of creepy Betazoid. You really put us inside the shoes of someone who can't quite tell they're being manipulated, but can sense that something is up. The way it's all murky at the start, and then Ta'lan gets increasingly rape-y...And then, of course, the distorted frame of mind that Spock finds himself in after he flees the scene. The fallout of this ought to be interesting.

I had a feeling this fic would be awesome, but I was pleasantly surprised after it didn't end at 45k words...Kudos on the work you put into this. I really hope you continue, because I want that happy ending for K/S.
SakuraMinamino chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I must say this story is bloody brilliant. The descriptions were surperb. It was described so well I could imagine exactly what spock was going through. I passed your story a couple times and finally decided to read it. I have never felt such happiness that I did. I am truly envious of your writing and hope for an update as soon as possible. Of couse I could not even comprehend how long it would take to write 43,000 words in one chapter. My story is 50k, and I realize how much it lacks reading yours, and it took me a few years to reach that many words. I think there were a few spelling or grammer errors, but it took a few hours to read, so I don't remember where I saw it. It was mostly perfect so I will not complain in the slightest. I have yet to read a story that focused so much on Spock and I had never once considered his mental state and psychological damage that he must have accumulated growing up on vulcan. And I am astounded by your very logical and scientific theories that Bones uses to asses Spock. You must have some sort of interest in science. I am aware I am rambling so again, I ask you to please update soon, for I am eager to continue this stimulating story that caused me to have many reactions to it. (is it just me or did this review somehow seem very formal . . . . must be a side effect for being in spock's head for so many hours)
Ash chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Oh my god..I can't even begin to describe how incredible this was. I'm fairly new to this fandom, and to be honest initially I shipped Spock/Uhura. Mostly because that's what people i followed posted on Tumblr, but then I actually SAW the films. As far as I am concerned now, there is no Spock and Uhura. There is only the beautiful, epic love that is Spirk.

Your story is beautiful and so touching, I loved Bones so much and the interaction between Jim, his best friend, and Spock whom he slowly warms up to.

And of course, Kirk and Spock. I love slow building love and your story did not disappoint! Thank you for writing this :)
Chou-Gum chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
your story is quite interesting *_* I can't wait to read more!
Yana5 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I hope spock will be ok
Kaniner chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
I. LOVE this. This doesn't feel like some fanfiction. The quality is much better. This was so long I can't even remember what I wanted to say. I stayed up very late/early reading this because I just couldn't put it down. I hope you're pleased with this. You ought to be proud. The characteriations are amazing. I honestly can't remember a time when I actually laughed aloud to a fanfiction, and all the other emotions were powerful. I was surprised to see Capgras mentioned. Anyway, I've really got to sleep now. I can't praise this enough. /rambling ...
109 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »