Reviews for Not An Island
S chapter 3 . 8/20/2013
Please continue. This is simply amazing.
Chemical Ghost chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
Wow, what a delightful mess you've created! There are no right answers for Jim and the double bind he finds himself in. Of course he comes around, though, or there'd be no story.

It starts off cute and a little funny-sad with pseudo-drugged Spock and his inane ramblings - love the bit about the round room - but of course, his pliable state of mind casts a darker shadow on previous events.

"It's just, I ain't never had no loopy Vulcan spillin' his olfactory impressions into my occipital lobes."

Oh, that line. That is exactly what a high Spock would be like.

Of course, things go off into darker territory. God damn, Spock's just cracking under the pressure of the sum of everything that ever messed him up with Nero on top. I love the way he is cold and calculating about breaking things, especially the way his mind rambles on about the science and causality. Good job on keeping him sort of vulcan in his insanity, and once again letting us into his head. I wonder how you will fix this.

The other major thing that I found awesome about this chapter was Bones. One of the things that we love about him is that while his job is everything to him, he is unflinchingly human and caring about it while maintaining a scientific mind...The things that Spock has accepted as normal are outrageous to him, and there don't appear to be any straightforward, black-and-white answers. While his convictions may or may not be (but probably are!) justified, he stands behind them...I suppose that we see his calling and his tentative friendship with Spock blur together.

Thank you so much for this chapter.
Anon chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
OMG I love how your McCoy handles Spock. I love their friendship so very much and how cautious he is with him and how he wants to help him. Spock has many friends and he is not alone - he has to see that. Poorthing. I need more of this fic...awwwh . Thank you for posting another chapter so fast.
Chou-Gum chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
Your fic is more and more interesting ! I'm so moved by Spock...And Jim is so lost...ajlkdfjsoi...too much feels ha ha!
Bones is just so cool too! You did a great job ! I'm completely addicted by your story!
I really can't wait to read more!
ChernobylKrigare chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
What an emotional roller coaster! I'm excited to see Sybok mentioned.
Yana5 chapter 3 . 8/19/2013
I hope Spock gets better. :-)
Ano chapter 3 . 8/18/2013
God, what a fantastic new chapter. You are such an brilliant, brilliant writer. God, I am always speechless how well written every of your chapters of this story is. I love your characterization and god I love this whole story. Please never stop to write. 3
HyenaGreyscale chapter 3 . 8/18/2013
Seriously, could this story be any more rivoting? No. I don't think so.

Really, REALLY enjoying reading this. Never stop D;
SakuraMinamino chapter 3 . 8/18/2013
I do not know how many times I will have to tell you that you're a bloody genius. You're arguments are sound and conclusions that the characters come up with are supported very well. I could worship the ground you stand on. I am very impressed. A stoned Spock was hilarious. Definately one of the best written fanfics. I look foward to your update of the next chapter and hope that it will be soon.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/18/2013
Excellent. But when are we going to get more Jim on Spock action? ;)
Ano chapter 2 . 8/16/2013
Brilliant fic. I have never read something so very well written. Please continue.
Anonymus chapter 2 . 8/16/2013
god, I simply have to tell you how much I love your Kirk. He is so very wonderful and god, it is so nice to read how much he cares for Spock. I love your McCoy also much - especially the friendship with Spock. Your characterization is flawless. I hope you will update soon. 3
L chapter 2 . 8/15/2013
God, I love your portrayal of Spock so very, very, very much. 3. woow.
And all the love for your McCoy and Kirk too. 3
Please continue soon.
HyenaGreyscale chapter 2 . 8/14/2013
Oh... My...

This is the best story I have ever read. I mean... seriously. Your writing is beautiful and so well thought out.

Ugh, never stop writing, and please update soon.

-heart-
Guest chapter 2 . 8/13/2013
I love that this story is being told from Spock's POV; wonderful insights into Spock's unique stance as a part human Vulcan and the serious trouble he (and all Vulcans) is in due to Nero. And those friends (even the somewhat abrasive McKoy) willing to go the extra miles to help him. Plus the Kirk/Spock love-lust angle is hot-hot-hot. Simply superb! :)
123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »